Chain Shock Deception

Zunayson

Chain shock:

"When you activate Shock, you have a 45% chance to activate a second shock, dealing 50% of normal damage"

The question is does anyone know if this second shock is affected by the 30% dmg bonus given by Voltaic Slash, and the 50% crit bonus? I would imagine that its still considered "shock", so the crit bonus works, but I'm not entirely sure Voltaic Slash stacks would do anything as I imagine that the stacks are consumed for the original shock, and there's no way to get any stacks back by the time the second shock triggers

My sin isn't high enough level to test this, but hopefully someone else is. I would really like to know, since on average this is about 22%-23% extra damage from shock if the voltaic slash stacks magically are used. (50% of 45%)

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, no. The second shock is not affected by the VS buff. It does consume a charge of recklessness if you have one. I believe the second shock IS affected by static buffs to its base damage, however. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

The second shock is affected by the voltaic slash damage bonus, as the damage bonus is not consumed by the first shock. All the time I get a 1400 then 1500 double shock.

I know since my rotation is based around taking advantage of this, as well as the buffs to discharge in the deception tree.

Edited by Rauzgriz