Thanks for the ROADMAP 2017. <3<3

Pazuzuh

I am also very happy with this roadmap.

Very glad to see a broader approach and also happy to see some solutions to some of the more pressing issues in game.

I really am glad what they are doing with GC crates....getting UCs for disintegrating stuff instead of CXP is really a great thing for me.

I am quite happy with it too. It addressed a lot of things people were asking for. I will admit I was hoping for an announcement of an Arcann romance..in bold, all caps. Or an Arcann expansion. Or a whole new game based around him! :D

But seriously, good job! Thank you :)

I have to say...there's a lot of GREAT in this roadmap...a lot of it! Kudos to the team on that.

But the failure to finish the Operation has me quite disappointed...it's one freaking Op...4 bosses...I'm disappointed it's taking so long to finish it...Ops are the ONLY large group PvE activity this game has...we haven't had a new one in almost 3-years...and it takes over one year to release one???

Still, a lot of good, but damn...

I'm happy, it's sooooo awesome to get Malgus as a server name. vxfjbjds!!!

:D:D:D

Overall it's an important roadmap, and because of this I think the next roadmap will focus a lot more on upcoming content.:)

I'm quite amazed that the Devs mean to do all of this in a relatively short time.

Edited by Eshvara

See? its not that hard to give what players wants!! GJ this time. Keep doing it, please.

SAVE OUR BELOVED GAME. <3<3<3

I think that is way to broad a statement in "give players what they want" given how poorly OPS is turning out to be as well as the limited new content we are actually getting and when we are getting it. (2 more months of a whole lot of nothing.)

Yes, the QoL features are nice. The push to do old stale content again through GF is not. I could go on but you get the point. Road map had it's good points but it had bad ones as well.

I will admit I was hoping for an announcement of an Arcann romance..in bold, all caps. Or an Arcann expansion. Or a whole new game based around him! :D

Same here. I really like the roadmap, but I'm wondering if we'll get Arcann or not. Afraid they changed their mind or something. :p

Like the roadmap, like that they addressed concerns and announced the basic road into 2018. His word was kept on what would be announced and it was well presented.

Do not like the sparse playable content. We are due 5.5 in a week and we just now find that there's 0 playable content in it.

Secondly, that means that only 1 patch has playable content in the entire 4th quarter. Where is our money going on a monthly basis?

Finally, it also appears to shut the door on any sort of expansion earlier than 2nd quarter of next year, and didn't give any clear indication to expect one even then.

Therefore I ask, what are subscribers supposed to do on a daily basis in game? There isn't enough new content to entertain your playerbase.

Same here. I really like the roadmap, but I'm wondering if we'll get Arcann or not. Afraid they changed their mind or something. :p

I hope not! I will seriously throw my sippy cup across the room! (I am not allowed glass since the laptop incident of '16 :p)

I saw news going around that it was confirmed? Bah, got my hopes up.

I am really impressed with the roadmap overall. Good job Keith and team and thanks for listening.

If there is one thing I'd ask you to reconsider.. Hot Prospect.. Really??? Please can we find something that is more in line with what most players consider traditional Star Wars? Europe is getting Darth Malgus.. Please? I don't want to be on the Hot Pocket server.. :D

I am really impressed with the roadmap overall. Good job Keith and team and thanks for listening.

If there is one thing I'd ask you to reconsider.. Hot Prospect.. Really??? Please can we find something that is more in line with what most players consider traditional Star Wars? Europe is getting Darth Malgus.. Please? I don't want to be on the Hot Pocket server.. :D

I vote for "Exar Kun" :D

Adding my thank yous~~ to the devs for the Roadmap today!!!

It was comprehensive enough!! Thanks for keeping with the communication!! :) Looking forward to the new changes and see how it affects the overall game. Can't wait for the story update :D

The road map seems excellent.

* The server merge is happening sooner than I guessed it would

* Good job on another PvP map

* Good job on another GSF map which i thought would never happen

* Good job on another HM FP

* Good job on making unassembled components legacy

* Good job on any quality of life improvements I missed

Keep up the good work, maybe this game can recover some.

Keith,

In the roadmap you said:

"Some of the most impactful and controversial changes we made recently were those related to Class Balancing. Over the past few months we also determined many areas of the game were also imbalanced. Over the coming months, we’ll continue to refine Advanced Classes and adjust various World Bosses, plus Boss encounters in Flashpoints and Operations to ensure you can play whatever character desired."

What I still don't understand is why you continue to go down the path of nerfing some classes so that they are not viable, if your intent is to just circle back around and adjust the content to match the nerfs that you imposed on us. It seems to me that if you really wanted us to be able to select any character that we desire to advance though content, that you would not make some specs so weak that they are both unable to complete content, and are therefor undesirable in the first place.

In addition to that, by having some advance classes and specs so much stronger that others, you are still contributing to the problem where groups will choose to exclude players on specs that are not only weaker, but are actually weaker by design, from grouping with them.

If you really want us to be able to bring the character that we want to an operation or flashpoint, you need to do a better job of analyzing actual data from real game play, and then balance classes so that you do not see clear over or under performing specs. Then and only then will we be truly free to bring whatever character that we want to a group.

See? its not that hard to give what players wants!! GJ this time. Keep doing it, please.

SAVE OUR BELOVED GAME. <3<3<3

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm raining on your parade.

Yes. I am glad the roadmap was released.

But, it seems that QoL improvements are front and center of the "content", and that actual content is taking a back seat to QoL improvements.

I'd be lying if I said these QoL improvements are unwarranted. All of them are welcomed.

Also, I don't like "in principle" server merges. To me server merges is BW/Ea's way of saying "Yes, we're losing players, but instead of addressing all the elements that need to be addressed (quality everything - story, FPs, WZ/PVP, OPS, dailies,weeklies, exporable planets), we're content to watch the game slowly get worse until profits dont justify us keeping the game alive anymore."

I don't hate the game. On the contrary, I really like it, which is why I want to see it succeed and reach its true potential. Even with a less than stellar game engine (heavily customized ALPHA version of HeroEngine), a lot of good stuff is still possible. Just look at what came out in 2.x and SoR (minus all the bugs :)).

Edited by SolarSaenz

The road map seems excellent.

* The server merge is happening sooner than I guessed it would

* Good job on another PvP map

* Good job on another GSF map which i thought would never happen

* Good job on another HM FP

* Good job on making unassembled components legacy

* Good job on any quality of life improvements I missed

Keep up the good work, maybe this game can recover some.

Agreed!!!

People need to keep in mind that everything in that roadmap is happening over the next few months, not a year. We're getting a PvP map (BADLY needed), a new GSF map (badly needed), server mergers (badly needed), a new FP (needed group content)...and a slew of other awesome and many times requested QoL improvements.

At first glance, it may seem light on PvE content (that was my initial reaction), but PvP and GSF have been terribly neglected over the past 2-3 years and they NEEDED this.

This is all coming SOON...not 6-9 months down the road, but actually SOON (no ™).

I've gotta say...it impressed me.

Agreed!!!

People need to keep in mind that everything in that roadmap is happening over the next few months, not a year. We're getting a PvP map (BADLY needed), a new GSF map (badly needed), server mergers (badly needed), a new FP (needed group content)...and a slew of other awesome and many times requested QoL improvements.

At first glance, it may seem light on PvE content (that was my initial reaction), but PvP and GSF have been terribly neglected over the past 2-3 years and they NEEDED this.

This is all coming SOON...not 6-9 months down the road, but actually SOON (no ™).

Totally agree.

The overriding theme seems to be that they are laying ground works to begin truly re-building this game. Increased server populations, and some decent group content, will hopefully encourage more players to join. I was super cynical that Keith would be able to actually achieve anything in this game, we have after all been through all this before, but he has followed through with what he said he would do to such an extent that it is starting to slowly repair a whole lot of damage.

Agreed!!!

When I compare what this studio did in patch 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, and others throughout this games history, I think that what we are getting in the coming 3 to 5 is still rather lite on content.

I know that this is probably the best that can be done with current staffing levels, but to take an entire year to deliver three operations bosses is not exactly something that I would be proud of if I worked for BiWare. I also still think that at this rate of production, the game will continue to bleed subs, and be worse off because of it.

When I compare what this studio did in patch 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, and others throughout this games history, I think that what we are getting in the coming 3 to 5 is still rather lite on content.
It is, but we had 10x's the players then, and this is still far better than anything we've had in the past 3-years imo.

Agreed!!!

Completely agree in principle, with just one caveat: all of the actual gameplay content they announced is slated for Game Update 5.6 (Nov. 28) - the story continuation and companion return, the FP, the WZ, the GSF map, the third Op boss, plus a number of system updates to allow Legacy credits and change GC disintegration - and with all that currently jammed into one patch... well, I just won't be particularly shocked if a few of those items end up getting pushed out to early 2018.

(Though, to be fair, they did indicate there was already some "reshuffling" that I assume pushed some of that content from 5.5 into 5.6, so maybe they'll be able to hit their current mark without any additional delays.)

Edited by DarthDymond