Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

I just want to thank you Joveth for actually reading and replying to our concerns. From both sides. I would also like to thank you for your work in verifying your information so that we know what is REALLY going on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I especially like how you said "all of your comments". Hopefully that will result in us regaining access to the previous non-crappy version of these armour sets :)

Edited by Pscyon

Thank you.

Now pass this along too: I spent about 90 Euro on Cartel MArket stuff so far, but until we are given the old looks back in some FREE way, I'm not going to spend one more cent.

Until you (Bioware) fix this garguantuan mistake, you hvae zero credibility in my eyes, as I'm sure in the eyes of tons more people who don't want to spend money on stuff that might be changed later.

Edited by Malderak

Appreciate that. Just know that there are both types of people on this forum, those who want to keep the "old" look and those who like the fix. Please try to take into account that when it comes to the "look", that no one is wrong. Personally, just give everyone the "old" chest piece that BoP and I think all will be fine.

Thank you! I like many others have said, bought it for its look in game, not what was shown on the cartel pack, i built my characters looks around the Phantom chest piece, and now it doesnt fit all

Edited by Derrajx

Not disagreeing with you on that. And I think that if you exchange it and you have augs on it that they should transfer automatically. The biggest thing for me was like I said in my previous post. When people were asking for the fix, where were the people who didn't want it to change? No where. I like the new look like I said. More so than just a bland chest piece. I like the shoulders that were added (not so sure about the life preserver yet). But that is just my opinion.

1) MOST of that thread was about the Revan Set.

2) The Preceptor set was a close second in that thread.

The majority of ~90 posts in that thread revolve around those two outfits

3) MANY people (as should be obvious from THIS thread) were completely happy with the Phantom and Spymaster sets as they were in game and had NO REASON to complain on the forums, even less to bother with that specific thread

5) Even many forum visitors didn't bother with that thread. Plenty of BETTER whine threads to visit.

6) Even among the VERY FEW who actually did visit that specific thread, there were those who specifically asked NOT to change the Phantom set.

Obviously, that thread was in NO WAY representative of the communities' feelings about the matter. I bet a couple of the posters were probably even mere trolls trying to point out every single oversight from Bioware, we see plenty of those on these boards, some more obvious than others. But most people simply didn't see the issue, and didn't even expect Bioware to see it as an issue.

And thus, especially the changes to the Phantom, Spymaster and Trailblazer outfits were uncalled for, unwanted and unannounced.

Edited by AsheraII

Indeed, thank you for being here Joveth. I know 'here' can't be a fun place to be right now, and we do know decisions are not in your hands. You're doing the best with what you have and we appreciate you being our link to the dev team.

Big hugs.

It's a bit complicated (and I'll edit my original post to update), but essentially, the Stylish Dancer Outfit is in the Blockade Runner pack, but it was mistakenly used on the Skip Tracer pack art. The Fancy Reveler Outfit is red and included in the Skip Tracer pack. The artwork for the Skip Tracer pack will be updated to show the appropriate outfit in a future patch.

So sometimes you change the product and sometimes you change the art - and you couldn't see why people might be just a tiny bit upset by this entire charlie-foxtrot?

Good way to kill the CM though maybe I should give you a medal.

Joveth, I would have though you went home an hour ago! You DO have a life outside Bioware, remember! If something can be done, though, I for one would be so completely grateful and thrilled. Thank you for sharing this with us.

1) MOST of that thread was about the Revan Set.

2) The Preceptor set was a close second in that thread.

The majority of ~90 posts in that thread revolve around those two outfits

3) MANY people (as should be obvious from THIS thread) were completely happy with the Phantom and Spymaster sets as they were in game and had NO REASON to complain on the forums, even less to bother with that specific thread

5) Even many forum visitors didn't bother with that thread. Plenty of BETTER whine threads to visit.

6) Even among the VERY FEW who actually did visit that specific thread, there were those who specifically asked NOT to change the Phantom set.

Obviously, that thread was in NO WAY representative of the communities' feelings about the matter. I bet a couple of the posters were probably even mere trolls trying to point out every single oversight from Bioware, we see plenty of those on these boards, some more obvious than others. But most people simply didn't see the issue, and didn't even expect Bioware to see it as an issue.

And thus, especially the changes to the Phantom, Spymaster and Trailblazer outfits were uncalled for, unwanted and unannounced.

I never really posted on those threads. But I did read through them and saw the trolls. And you are right, they were mostly about Revan's Robes and the mistakes to them. But apparently the one's who wanted the fix were more numerous than those who didn't. And you are right, there are much better posts to whine on. :p

There's no bait and switch, just blatant ignorance on the part of those for choosing to be unaware that this was an issue acknowledged last year that they said they would be fixing.

Can't you understand or don't you care that there might be a different aspect? Until now you have repeated the same facts.

And for what its worth: Of course there should be a solution for the people buying the sets based on the ads. -- And there have been proposed 2-3 nice options to satisfy all.

Edited by Verita

Thank you.

Now pass this along too: I spent about 90 Euro on Cartel MArket stuff so far, but until we are given the old looks back in some FREE way, I'm not going to spend one more cent.

Until you (Bioware) fix this garguantuan mistake, you hvae zero credibility in my eyes, as I'm sure in the eyes of tons more people who don't want to spend money on stuff that might be changed later.

+10, in total agreement here, as well are my friends.

Thank you for listening to us. I, as a consumer really appreciate your continued comments. I truly hope that you all can come to a conclusion that serves ALL the people who bought this item, whether in past or present form!

Some progress is better than no progress I guess.

Thank you hope it goes well :)

Appreciate that. Just know that there are both types of people on this forum, those who want to keep the "old" look and those who like the fix. Please try to take into account that when it comes to the "look", that no one is wrong. Personally, just give everyone the "old" chest piece that BoP and I think all will be fine.

Not sure I agree on making it BoP, hear me out cause it doesn't effect me at all, just trying to see all sides... I think if your current Phantom chest guard isn't bound, the new one shouldn't be either, just to cover the "holding it for a friend" aspect or all the people who bought cartel packs after seeing what these things were going for on the GTN (doubt they'll sell quite as well now), there would still be some loss incurred otherwise. Really, an even exchange of the item in question with some kind of credit voucher for mod extraction costs would be the most comprehensive (if complex) way to go about this. Yes, they'd be injecting a little more creds into the system, but no more than say, the money we got in lieu of recruit gear.

Edit: Or, heck, let us eat the extraction cost, if someone's got their end game mods in, they probably have the credits to get them back out again.

Edited by DarthSpooky

It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.

But apparently the one's who wanted the fix were more numerous than those who didn't.

Nope, just louder and preferring to spend time on the forums rather than I game, I fear. You cannot take silence for assent. Especially where unannounced changes (Spymaster, Trailblazer) are concerend.

You do see that it doesn't really work to say "well, some people wanted Revan's Robes changed, so we will assume from this that the majority want changes to the Spymaster set which was barely mentioned if at all in this thread"? Which appears to be what is being asserted in defence of the changes.

Edited by winterjane

Like someone suggested earlier, just have a temporary vendor somewhere that will exchange it for the old piece. Better yet, have all the mods and augs transfer over as well so I don't waste 100k because someone at BW thought it was a good idea to screw the paying customer.

This is great to hear. Thank you very much for taking our comments into consideration.

For the record, I honestly think it's a testament to the artists who created these models that each version is quite strongly liked by many people. More items like these, please. Thanks!

It isn't just the chestpiece. Make the whole set back to the original. I sported the Phantom boots and they had a sleek assassin look, now they look like Eskimo boots. I want the whole set returned to original appearance.

The backwards-syringe gloves aren't awesome either.

This is great to hear. Thank you very much for taking our comments into consideration.

For the record, I honestly think it's a testament to the artists who created these models that each version is quite strongly liked by many people. More items like these, please. Thanks!

Absolutely, let's have both available! Anything that isn't yet another minor variant on the 'Slave Girl' look!