DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

RyanReagan

Is it me or are you suggesting the infamous 31/31/31 Sin build?:rolleyes:

No. I think he was only talking about tankassins. Can use spike out of stealth. Wither keeps you slowed for forever. And have a pull, knockback, sprint, stun, stealth mez, and force shroud. ie the IWIN button.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I think he was only talking about tankassins. Can use spike out of stealth. Wither keeps you slowed for forever. And have a pull, knockback, sprint, stun, stealth mez, and force shroud. ie the IWIN button.

Yes, but the damage output on single targets for tankassins is mediocre at best. The reason you see a lot of tankassins with high damage in warzones is because wither and dishcharge are AOEs that hit up to 5 targets. That's where the real dps comes from.

I'm getting ripped apart by smashers. They can build smashes faster than the cd on evasion.

Please fix, I'm currently paying to feel worthless in PvP, but don't know how long before I stop paying and take up a new hobby.

Oh, you can kill the smasher in 1 stun lock and you are complaining?:rolleyes:

An interesting question in the thread title. I suppose the answer is most likely never. My personal belief on the subject of past nerfs on operatives is this: the play style is not fun to play against.

Basically, people don't want to be attacked without any kind of warning from stealth and then repeatedly stabbed while unable to move. Skill is no longer a factor (from the victim's side) because they never had any control over the situation to begin with. The class will only get a buff when BW finds a way to make them viable without this being the scenario every time or we'll just get more threads from those who are dying (maybe reworking lethality?). Just my opinion, however.

I think this is an excellent point. I play a shadow in PVP, and while I LOVE the stealthiness, I admit that it's much more fun to play with than to play against. They should really consider adding some better antistealth mechanics, because no matter the reality of DPS Operative/Scoundrel, the perception will always be of a class that pops out of nowhere and destroys you down in seconds with you never getting a chance to even properly react.

That being said, DPS operative definitely needs a buff. Given what they've done to adrenals in PVP, they should reconsider those first nerfs to the class. Or maybe not? I don't honestly know enough about the class, only that giving them a buff would definitely be warranted, much as a buff to Merc/Commando is warranted (though at least DPS commando merc is perfectly viable in PVE, unlike DPS Operative).

The problem is that no one FEARS an Op/Scrapper anymore. You fear other classes dps but Scrapper opening burst relies so much on the player getting hit being an idiot and not knowing how to play that it is sad. After taht initial burst we really dont have anyway of maintaining real pressure. For a Scrapper dps you have to use multiple abilities with long cooldowns (shoot first 2 min CD, Sabo Charge 30 sec cooldown, Dirty Kick 1 min cooldown) to bring an opponent down so that someone else on your team hopefully can finish him off after he pushed/stuns/roots you away.

Of course keyboard turners complain because they cant keep up with an enemy that is constantly trying to get behind them.

I dont suggest buffing Op/Scrapper burst damage, but give us more long term damage. Maybe give the scrapper tree more damage to Vital Shot (it sucks for scrappers) which would help in both PVE and PVP dps. Give blaster whip at bit more damage or have Flechette Round last longer.

The class is said to be the worst long term dps in PVE and PVP so why not buff that long term dps?

Luckily I geared/liked playing my scoundrel healer too so im not unsubbing soon, but dps commandos/scrappers do need a WZ buff.

Instead of just saying that bioware are idiots, maybe you people should give suggestions and actually contribute.

the problem is that no one fears an op/scrapper anymore. You fear other classes dps but scrapper opening burst relies so much on the player getting hit being an idiot and not knowing how to play that it is sad. After taht initial burst we really dont have anyway of maintaining real pressure. For a scrapper dps you have to use multiple abilities with long cooldowns (shoot first 2 min cd, sabo charge 30 sec cooldown, dirty kick 1 min cooldown) to bring an opponent down so that someone else on your team hopefully can finish him off after he pushed/stuns/roots you away.

Of course keyboard turners complain because they cant keep up with an enemy that is constantly trying to get behind them.

I dont suggest buffing op/scrapper burst damage, but give us more long term damage. Maybe give the scrapper tree more damage to vital shot (it sucks for scrappers) which would help in both pve and pvp dps. Give blaster whip at bit more damage or have flechette round last longer.

The class is said to be the worst long term dps in pve and pvp so why not buff that long term dps?

Luckily i geared/liked playing my scoundrel healer too so im not unsubbing soon, but dps commandos/scrappers do need a wz buff.

Instead of just saying that bioware are idiots, maybe you people should give suggestions and actually contribute.

bumped good post!

The problem is that no one FEARS an Op/Scrapper anymore. You fear other classes dps but Scrapper opening burst relies so much on the player getting hit being an idiot and not knowing how to play that it is sad. After taht initial burst we really dont have anyway of maintaining real pressure. For a Scrapper dps you have to use multiple abilities with long cooldowns (shoot first 2 min CD, Sabo Charge 30 sec cooldown, Dirty Kick 1 min cooldown) to bring an opponent down so that someone else on your team hopefully can finish him off after he pushed/stuns/roots you away.

I dont suggest buffing Op/Scrapper burst damage, but give us more long term damage. Maybe give the scrapper tree more damage to Vital Shot (it sucks for scrappers) which would help in both PVE and PVP dps. Give blaster whip at bit more damage or have Flechette Round last longer.

The class is said to be the worst long term dps in PVE and PVP so why not buff that long term dps?

Luckily I geared/liked playing my scoundrel healer too so im not unsubbing soon, but dps commandos/scrappers do need a WZ buff.

Shoot frst has a 7 second cooldown, and dirty kick has a 45 second cooldown - 30 talented.

Shoot frst has a 7 second cooldown, and dirty kick has a 45 second cooldown - 30 talented.

I am talking about having to use shoot first which has to be out of stealth and so using it outside of stealth requires a Disspearing Act-> Flechette-> Shoot First which while it is the MOST burst you can give, you just burned a 2 min CD that might not even kill a person because of good players using defensive cooldowns and their own stuns. While I have done this to kill someone very important to WIN a game, this burns both a big offensive cooldown and a defensive cooldown for 2 minutes.

You are correct about the Dirty Kick cooldown time though, my mistake.

I have played as a DPS scoundrel and as a Healer that has been harassed by DPS Ops. They dont scare me, Assassins scare me even out of stealth cause of their utility and sustained damage.

I love my dps scoundrel, im sure others do too, but when you see other classes with MULTIPLE types of utility in a RWZ and all you can really do is stealth burst... not even consistently dps, you are a liability every time you burn your cooldowns. No knockbacks, pulls, melee, no AOE mitigation, below average defensive cooldowns for a melee, weak range, slowest gap closer (lol 115% speed).

Give a more sustained dps though abilities needed in the scrapper column, or give us a good group defensive cooldown. Something besides just being a 1-2 hit wonder class.

Edited by CJAShadow

This really is just a L2P issue.

Fully min/maxed WH/EWH gear for both medic and dps spec, 95 valor lvl and a decent pvp rating says I KH2P.

I can take down baddies all day, ezmode. But you get a team team of equally geared players on both sides of a warzone, the operative is going to come out looking like a chump every time.

Here is what I would like for dps operatives:

* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed

* Less energy intensive across the board

* Harder hitting collateral damage

As for smashers I would like:

Damage divided between targets. Instead of a 8k smash hitting 5 people for 8k/per. It hits 5 people for 2k/per. Something like DMG=DMG/(PLAYERS-1) . if you hit 2 people, it hits them for the full amount but for each person added it divides the damage.

Edited by RyanReagan

I'm getting ripped apart by smashers. They can build smashes faster than the cd on evasion.

Please fix, I'm currently paying to feel worthless in PvP, but don't know how long before I stop paying and take up a new hobby.

The problem is not with the OP / scoundrel... the issue is with the ROFL Stomp glowsticks. right now they are the most rediculously OP classes in the game. they arent even supposed to be a ranged class yet when you run away from them while they ravege you (which you cant interupt ROFL) they can still hit you from many yards away which is also stupid.

The problem is not with the OP / scoundrel... the issue is with the ROFL Stomp glowsticks. right now they are the most rediculously OP classes in the game. they arent even supposed to be a ranged class yet when you run away from them while they ravege you (which you cant interupt ROFL) they can still hit you from many yards away which is also stupid.

You realize all channeled/casted abilities work this way, right? As long as you are within range when it starts, it will continue until you get far enough away. Otherwise ranged would be totally stalemated against each other at 30 meters as they back up a step to avoid a hit and then step in to try and cast back and forth.

You realize all channeled/casted abilities work this way, right? As long as you are within range when it starts, it will continue until you get far enough away. Otherwise ranged would be totally stalemated against each other at 30 meters as they back up a step to avoid a hit and then step in to try and cast back and forth.

so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.

so by your argument then if joe shmoe was at the plate to bat a ball when he swings a casted out of the ball park hit no mater if its far away from the bat that bat will still somehow majically hit that ball even tho its nolonger even near it????? doesnt that sound silly??? A mele is a mele and should have to stay in mele whether its casted or not. in my opinion that is just a little OP.

whut.

This isn't real life, it's a game. In order to make the mechanics function properly, they have to go against the laws of physics. That's why melee range is 4 meters and not 1. It's why abilities have cooldowns. Am I not going to hit you as hard as I can with my lightsaber all the time because in my mind ravage is on cooldown?

So if you want to change ravage to only work as long as they stay within 4 meters, you have to make all casted/channeled ranged abilities stop working if the enemy moves out of 30 meters thereby ruining the game.

He isn't making an argument, just stating how the game works. I personally like the set up, if they went the other way with it pvp would probably break. Although ravage is the most ridiculous example of it, I agree it is very silly, as you put it. That being said. It would be just as silly for a sage to out run my sniper's takedown by reaching a certain range.

He isn't making an argument, just stating how the game works. I personally like the set up, if they went the other way with it pvp would probably break. Although ravage is the most ridiculous example of it, I agree it is very silly, as you put it. That being said. It would be just as silly for a sage to out run my sniper's takedown by reaching a certain range.

Really, I think the problem with Ravage is the animation is screwy. It was very misleading when I first started playing and it leads you to believe that you can just walk away from it.

Really, I think the problem with Ravage is the animation is screwy. It was very misleading when I first started playing and it leads you to believe that you can just walk away from it.

You CAN walk away from it, but you need to get to 10 meters (or KB or stun or mezz or restealth or sprint or pull or have a teammate do any of these). If you eat a full ravage, it better be because they have the root on it and everything is on CD for you.

You CAN walk away from it, but you need to get to 10 meters (or KB or stun or mezz or restealth or sprint or pull or have a teammate do any of these). If you eat a full ravage, it better be because they have the root on it and everything is on CD for you.

Right but I mean. The animation looks like he is swinging right in front of himself and logic says "oh well i should just move away from that".

I'm not saying there's a problem with the way it works, just that the animation leads you to believe something that isn't true. You need to walk away from the thing.

Also, a lot of times I'll stun as soon as the person starts and still get the full ravage because lag compensation.

Just trying to figure out the mindset of the community being ok with one stealth class DPS and not the other. I guess having a glowstick makes it ok...

really? community favors Sins? I cant even begin to count how many Operatives are OP complaints ive heard, and Operatives have almost an equalt level of stuns and knockdowns as Sins. The difference is I have never ever had a Sin backstab me for 5k on my WH tank + bleeds. Operatives are squishy as the compensation for there insane burst. They nor any other class is supposed to be able to simultaneously be a tank and have high burst.

Your an operative use that 15% speed boost and run away until you can get back into a favorable position.

I am talking about having to use shoot first which has to be out of stealth and so using it outside of stealth requires a Disspearing Act-> Flechette-> Shoot First which while it is the MOST burst you can give, you just burned a 2 min CD that might not even kill a person because of good players using defensive cooldowns and their own stuns. While I have done this to kill someone very important to WIN a game, this burns both a big offensive cooldown and a defensive cooldown for 2 minutes.

You are correct about the Dirty Kick cooldown time though, my mistake.

I have played as a DPS scoundrel and as a Healer that has been harassed by DPS Ops. They dont scare me, Assassins scare me even out of stealth cause of their utility and sustained damage.

I love my dps scoundrel, im sure others do too, but when you see other classes with MULTIPLE types of utility in a RWZ and all you can really do is stealth burst... not even consistently dps, you are a liability every time you burn your cooldowns. No knockbacks, pulls, melee, no AOE mitigation, below average defensive cooldowns for a melee, weak range, slowest gap closer (lol 115% speed).

Give a more sustained dps though abilities needed in the scrapper column, or give us a good group defensive cooldown. Something besides just being a 1-2 hit wonder class.

Classes with those utilities usually pay for them with lower dps. and just being able to stealth at all not to metion run 15% faster then everyone except mid tree muaraders counts as utility

and every class cooldowns have well a cooldown time also. welcome to the club

really? community favors Sins? I cant even begin to count how many Operatives are OP complaints ive heard, and Operatives have almost an equalt level of stuns and knockdowns as Sins. The difference is I have never ever had a Sin backstab me for 5k on my WH tank + bleeds. Operatives are squishy as the compensation for there insane burst. They nor any other class is supposed to be able to simultaneously be a tank and have high burst.

Your an operative use that 15% speed boost and run away until you can get back into a favorable position.

insane burst? hahahaha.. WHUT?

i'm happy to get the 5k hit medal and i'm min/max'd.