Ahahaha!

"IT PUTS THE GOLD TEXT IN THE FORUM OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!"

:: Tuck/dance::

Goodbye horseessssssss....

"Would you **** me? I'd **** me so hard."

"Wait, was she a great, big fat pershon?"

That guy's voice is hilarious.

• Dev Post

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric

At this point it's not enough to come forth and have a solution to the current buggy system - they need to explain what's in store for pvp this year, and then freakin live it up.

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

-eric

Eric,

Thanks for the response. We all understand you aren't the decision maker here.

Seriously though, who's bright idea was it to have bolster apply to level 55 pvp though? Because very few PvPers actually like it. It just added un-necessary complication to the entire system. For what?

The gear gripe issue is a non-starter for PvEers. You understand why, of course:

a) make PvE powerful and anger career PvPers

b) make PvE adequate, still fairly inferior to said career PvPers - in which case a simple modification of the existing recruit gear does the trick.

Think of all the time blown on the numerous, I mean numerous bugs with this implementation. What project manager in his right mind would actually choose this over actual PvP content?

It blows my mind.

Edited by islander

-eric

This entire ordeal is so amateurish that im personally a tad offended that the devs themselves doesn't come out and explain how the heck this could happen in the first place. (Edit: Instead of hiding behind you)

Thanks to you though, for at least showing signs of life.

Edited by Twin

-eric

Eric I feel bad for hammer you everytime , I honestly do b/c you do a good job in communicating ..

But you guys are not listening to the PVP community.. REMOVE the damn bolster from 55 pvp and ALL the problems go away... there are several choices.. all have being said in this forum...

-eric

Thanks Eric for the update. I really hope they find a way to fix this before 2.1, cause players have sadly made this into a joke abusing it.

-eric

and is this going to be an actual fix? or just uncover some other game breaking problem....... :rolleyes:

Bolster was reported as highly broken on PTS, which iirc was in February. We are going on 3 full months of endgame PvP being broken. The fact that we were told naked Bolster would be fixed before it went live, and then *it wasnt* is already a huge problem.

This is the kind of thing that should get ironed out on PTS. clearly 1 month of testing is not enough, especially since it seems that your QA department is either nonexistent or fraking terrible at their jobs.

This entire ordeal is so amateurish that im personally a tad offended that the devs themselves doesn't come out and explain how the heck this could happen in the first place. (Edit: Instead of hiding behind you)

Thanks to you though, for at least showing signs of life.

This^ So many times this^ And also, this^

Nice to see you at least engaging (even if it's pointless because nothing new to say) on this issue, Eric. Even when it seems hopeless and things are FUBAR you'd be surprised how much goodwill/undrstanding you can retain by simply talking TO (as opposed to AT) us. Sometimes, all you can say say is it's an issue- yep, it sucks, don't know yet what/when we're going to get it right/straight. Almost ALWAYS better to say even that then nothing. Past performance of previous CM's are all the proof you need of that. :)

:rak_03:

Edited by LrdRahvin

Eric I feel bad for hammer you everytime , I honestly do b/c you do a good job in communicating ..

But you guys are not listening to the PVP community.. REMOVE the damn bolster from 55 pvp and ALL the problems go away... there are several choices.. all have being said in this forum...

Remove bolster and once again 10 - 54 PvP is fun and 55 PvP becomes a nightmare of getting waylaid by people with better gear (who often ONLY win because of better gear) and said geared people then gripe that they have undergeared people on their team who should never play PvP ever, even though the only way to GET said gear is to keep playing and getting smeared because, after all, THAT sounds like fun, right?

Bolster is the way to go - helps even the playing field. It just needs to be fixed. And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players who are (SURPRISE!) in a PvE area doing (GASP!) PvE missions with (OH NOES!) PvE rewards.

Remove bolster and once again 10 - 54 PvP is fun and 55 PvP becomes a nightmare of getting waylaid by people with better gear (who often ONLY win because of better gear) and said geared people then gripe that they have undergeared people on their team who should never play PvP ever, even though the only way to GET said gear is to keep playing and getting smeared because, after all, THAT sounds like fun, right?

Bolster is the way to go - helps even the playing field. It just needs to be fixed. And expertise needs to not work in Open World so the geared types don't get such a HUGE advantage over PvE geared players who are (SURPRISE!) in a PvE area doing (GASP!) PvE missions with (OH NOES!) PvE rewards.

Nobody is asking them to remove it from below 55. They need to remove it from 55 and that's it, all the problems solved and no more chance of any exploits or funny business anymore.

But ofc they are stubborn as always when pushing out their new ideas and that never happens now. And 55 pvp dies.

Edited by Morpurgo

The gearing up of a toon wasn't hard before, as they actually made the gap between WH and EWH pretty close. Recruit MKII was poorly done, because the team still didn't get it. Nevertheless, once someone hit 50 pre 2.0, they should have had max comms to gain plenty of gear. Obtaining said gear was easy, it really, really was compared to older iterations that failed. I'd rather have that system back than this. Also, the bolded above makes you look like a simpleton, don't be that guy.

As for Open World removal of Expertise, I disagree again with you again. If you flagged, you accept the risk of engaging in Player vs Player content, even if doing PvE missions. If this bothers you so, you shld roll onto a PvE server, where you don't need to worry about it. PvE'ers whining about getting killed because they don't know how to unflag is (GASP!) not surprising at all.

Lastly, I'd be fine with Bolster, if they actually had a clue on how to implement it correctly, which they've proven they do not. In the interim, the PvP gameplay suffers for weeks (going on nearly a month) and possibly more....because the team decided to radically change the system...which IMO they had it right before.

Edited by Pistols

to me it seems like a lose lose situation for the devs either way if they get rid of bolster premades will rule pvp world again bc for some reason its more fun for u to que for non ranked wz and beat up on pugs whose gear and experience is much less therefore causing a complaint on a much larger scale it seems to me the the "pvp'ers" need to just play the damn game instead of hey lets que up and beat up on ppl who have worse gear then us cause all we do is pvp and now they balance it a little better and u "pvp'ers" complain bc u didn't know you actually had to do a raid or a flashpoint for some gear

-eric

Bolster just is not working out right my friend. And bolster is very one sided. if you look at it.

If PvErs are able to come into a warzone then I as a PvPer should be able to go into a OPs with my pvp gear.

The old system had flaws but at the same time, it taught a fresh level cap player on how to pvp. You got stomped on for countless games, trying to get the points to be able to buy better gear from the vendors. This really taught the player on how to use his toon and use it well so by the time he/she was finally fully geared, he/she knew how to pvp.

Now... well just take a look at the PvP forum to get a idea on how much of a mess pvp is in thanks to bolster.

to me it seems like a lose lose situation for the devs either way if they get rid of bolster premades will rule pvp world again bc for some reason its more fun for u to que for non ranked wz and beat up on pugs whose gear and experience is much less therefore causing a complaint on a much larger scale it seems to me the the "pvp'ers" need to just play the damn game instead of hey lets que up and beat up on ppl who have worse gear then us cause all we do is pvp and now they balance it a little better and u "pvp'ers" complain bc u didn't know you actually had to do a raid or a flashpoint for some gear

What did we learn here folks? We learned premades have gear, and PUG's are always in Recruit.

Bolster will be their salvation!

:rolleyes:

Excuse me? Are you having some bad luck with your thinking abilities?

Give me one single good reason why PvE'rs should have an advantage over PvP'rs in PvP? -Specially considering this mostly happens on a PvP server, unless you chose to flag yourself.

You wouldn't happen to be a PvE'r by any chance, would you, Good Sir?

-eric

Can you at least tell us what the plans are for bolster because it clearly isn't working out eric the feedback provided by us as a community has been pretty clear on this but it seems those messages get ignored.

Logic. Wait, what?

As for Open World removal of Expertise, I disagree again with you again. If you flagged, you accept the risk of engaging in Player vs Player content, even if doing PvE missions. If this bothers you so, you shld roll onto a PvE server, where you don't need to worry about it. PvE'ers whining about getting killed because they don't know how to unflag is (GASP!) not surprising at all.

I'm not whining about not knowing how to unflag at all. That statement makes you look like a simpleton - don't be that guy.

This is the same sidestep used all the time - "If you don't like it, roll on a PvE only server." It means you lack the skill to take on another player without the huge gear advantage I mentioned before. You must LOVE to roll over players who are questing without them having much of a chance against you.

On the other hand, FAIR PvP in the Open World, where skill is the factor instead of gear that gives you a 60% advantage over equally leveled PvE players, would be an absolute joy and I would welcome it ! I DO want Open World PvP but I shouldn't have to have a separate set of expertise gear to do PvE quests in the open world. It's ridiculous to suggest questing in PvP gear which isn't designed for the Open World where the enemies are NPCs.

The old system had flaws but at the same time, it taught a fresh level cap player on how to pvp. You got stomped on for countless games, trying to get the points to be able to buy better gear from the vendors. This really taught the player on how to use his toon and use it well so by the time he/she was finally fully geared, he/she knew how to pvp.

This is the fallacy. You can't learn how to pvp by getting "stomped on." You don't get the chance to learn how to play your toon because you're slammed and killed in no time flat. That's like suggesting someone can learn to drive a car while a re-inflating air bag keeps slamming them in the face.

Plus - getting stomped on just ISN'T FUN! Isn't that why we play games -- to have fun?

Excuse me? Are you having some bad luck with your thinking abilities?

Give me one single good reason why PvE'rs should have an advantage over PvP'rs in PvP? -Specially considering this mostly happens on a PvP server, unless you chose to flag yourself.

You wouldn't happen to be a PvE'r by any chance, would you, Good Sir?

One good reason? As I've said prior, the Open World is for PvE questing and it's inane to suggest that players wear PvP gear to do PvE questing. I'm all for player challenge out there! Why do you seem to want it to NOT be a challenge but instead be a cakewalk where the smaller percentage of the population can just ride through and tear up the larger percent?

This is the fallacy. You can't learn how to pvp by getting "stomped on." You don't get the chance to learn how to play your toon because you're slammed and killed in no time flat. That's like suggesting someone can learn to drive a car while a re-inflating air bag keeps slamming them in the face.

Plus - getting stomped on just ISN'T FUN! Isn't that why we play games -- to have fun?

You rolled on a pvp server, when you did thats what you signed up for. Sounds like you need to reroll on a PVE server or wait for transfers. (you rolled on a pvp server and refuse to get pvp gear?)