Fix the role selection bug!!!

I just queued for random hard modes as DPS, and several times i had to update my role because it kept putting me as heals. Then as the queue popped and i took it, it ported me in and my role was set to heals... I DONT HAVE a healing spec, nor do i have a set... Please fix the damn bug, i'm sick of having to leave groups that i just sat in a long queue to get into, all because this bug is setting me as a role i'm not fit to perform!

Its overall very crappy last night we had a person who we found through the group finder who had to relog because the game bugged out and we had to leave instance, reform group and wait 10 minuttes thats so stupid even with the same group

yeah i know what you're talkin about. my bro-n-law and i often team and que up together for hm's. im a guardian tank and he's a dps shadow (and he sets as dps in que). more times than not when we get a team together and are set to go, it has set him as a tank as well thus forcing us to redo it. does get annoying.

yeah i know what you're talkin about. my bro-n-law and i often team and que up together for hm's. im a guardian tank and he's a dps shadow (and he sets as dps in que). more times than not when we get a team together and are set to go, it has set him as a tank as well thus forcing us to redo it. does get annoying.

Why would you have to redo you say you group and your a tank he is dps if it sets him as tank im assuming it sets you as dps just play your tank role and you are fine you guys have it easy lol ;)

As soon as you queue re open the group finder and update your roles as appropriate, that resolves the issue as a workaround

The biggest problem with this is that if you queue with a tank friend, the queue pops instantly and you have no opportunity to update your role.

Hello there! We are aware of this problem, and it is currently on the Known Issues Thread list. Please keep your eye on an upcoming patch, as we are working on a resolution. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for the quick response! Glad to see we don't go ignored here on the forums, and I'm glad to see the issue is going to be fixed!

Honestly, this is about as close to a "game breaker" as you can get.

It's not a game breaker when you can control it. All you have to do is double check to make sure what role is checked and just uncheck or check whichever you want. Simple as that. It will be fixed soon enough where you don't even have to worry about it anymore.

It's not a game breaker when you can control it. All you have to do is double check to make sure what role is checked and just uncheck or check whichever you want. Simple as that. It will be fixed soon enough where you don't even have to worry about it anymore.

This isn't the nature of the bug.

The bug is where you've correctly set your role settings, join the queue, the group pops and your role has been changed.

In my experience it is most likely to happen with pre-formed partial groups where you are not the group leader.

When this happened to me, we had 7, trying to queue for SM EV, and needed a healer. I set my commando dps as DPS only, making sure heals was unchecked. We then grouped. I verified my role was still set that way. We queued and it popped. I was flagged as a healer and the group finder pulled in a dps instead.

We broke up the group and tried again, making sure all settings were set along the way. Same result.

It's a bug, plain and simple, and there isn't a way (as a player) to control it.

I'm glad they have it on the known issues list, and I look forward to seeing it fixed.

Most probably u will be ignored... you may be lucky if it's fixed by SWTOR 2.0

Bugs from the very beginning still persist...so it's good to be warned. :)

Could be, could be.

Until 2 days ago it wasn't even listed on the "Known Issues" thread, which worried me. Now that it's there I feel hopeful.