What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

I like things like titles, of course. So, each tier needs the appropriate title. Second tier could also have a unique weapon and an emote. Top tier would have all those (though, different weapon and emote) plus a mount. The top 96 players, as mentioned, deserve something truly special... like a new companion.

For a weapon, I'd love to have blasters that shoot lightning. :D Emote could be posing/waving /.signing autograph for your adoring fans. If you wanted to do a regen item, lifting weights or taking target practice would be good ones.

Not sure who a new companion could be. Maybe it would be a rodian character or something.

I also just thought of a possible pet for tier 1. Pet could be a holo of Giradda or Baron Deathmark that follows you around.

:cool:

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of reusable PVP medpacs/adrenal I think this would be a terrible idea. I level through PVP and while it takes a long time and the credits are poor the only thing that enables me to afford skills and MK-9 come 55 is selling medpacs/adrenals for 40-70k per stack. 99% of these trades are to 55 toons who play ranked, it would be a double edged sword. Although I would LOVE a reusable stim. I don't think it's a wise idea.

This is a good point. PvP has a very specific economy and this would greatly impact it. Prices are already going to be going down, assuming they add health packs and adrenals to the new ranked quests. It does add up.

I think those top 3 of the advanced class in the world (should be server as stated) should get a reusable health pack and/or stim. Perhaps only the number ones. There shouldn't be any actually gameplay related boosts (like +5 expertise, unless it's still capped at 2018), but useful things would be wonderful. With the coming level cap everyone will have to reaugment. Augment kits, augments, credits, cool armor that comes with preaugmented (with or without actual augments) are all things I think would be good. Divide them so that economy isn't too greatly impacted ie. Don't give lowest tier things worth a lot, monetarily.

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

Why not a black lightsaber crystal? or even the

? available in both single and double bladed versions. Edited by RaithHarth

Top Tier?

A little Baron Dethmark pet that follows you around on your adventures, is about Knee High and spouts random slurs when in the PVP section on fleet.

Oh, and he acts as a Mini PVP Vendor and can be used in Warzones.

My thoughts,

I agree with others, those I'm too lazy to go back to quote, in the fact that things like mounts (and other stuff that can't be used in a warzone), should be introduced at the low tiers, as an incentive to PVP, but still add cooler ones to the higher tiers, in addition to the crystals, weapons, ect... Also, like others have said, the armor should have pre-installed MK-9 aug slots for the ones who live and breathe PVP (and don't make millions on a regular basis).

In terms of reusable PVP medpacs/adrenal I think this would be a terrible idea. I level through PVP and while it takes a long time and the credits are poor the only thing that enables me to afford skills and MK-9 come 55 is selling medpacs/adrenals for 40-70k per stack. 99% of these trades are to 55 toons who play ranked, it would be a double edged sword. Although I would LOVE a reusable stim. I don't think it's a wise idea.

It'll be fine you'll come up with a new way to make credits. Selling medpacs is the least profitable thing you could be doing anyway. The time spent looking for a buyer would finish a whole daily area and you'll have mroe creds by the end of that...

i don't have anything in particular, but there are some things i would like bioware to know.

first, no titles, pets, or dyes, they are useless other than looks. second, all of the 55 gear looks just so hideous, i also want to be able to use my own adaptive gear, so no armor. third, if you do happen to give out some cool color crystal make sure i can get more from the collections tab, and please give all of the other spec variants besides expertise, there are more things than PVP that other people like to do. forth, i would like some hyper-powerful ranked pvp mods. an addition of ranked wz commendation hilts, barrels, and armors would be nice. i don't want to have to buy some hideous pvp armor or weapon, then spend major creds to take it out myslef. fifth, if your going to do some mount, which by all means i encourage, please don't add lots of unnecessary fins or protrusions and metal tumors on it, i like things practical but still nice looking. a walker would be nice, and i've heard people want it.

It would require a bit more work, in terms of more designs, but it's not a halfbad idea.

I'm imagining a "season vendor" with a few basic rewards and then the cool ones from current and previous seasons. So instead of earning the rewards directly we're getting tokens sent to us, based on our tier. Everyone who gets tokens can choose to spend them on the basic rewards instead of the new seasonal ones or simply save them until the next season. The cool stuff such as season mounts and whatnot will also require the rating so a person won't be able to save the few comms they have from the lowest tier a couple of seasons and then buy the highest tier's mount. The pro with allowing people to buy old stuff is that new players will have something to aim for even before the new season rewards have been announced. The highest tier will get enough tokens every season to buy all the new seasonal rewards.

A good start would be to add 20 basic rewards + the season 1 rewards to the vendor and then add the season 2 rewards and perhaps a couple of basic rewards every season.

that is a very clever idea, and if this currency could be traded it could really boost trade. although i disagree with the person you were replying to about expertise crystals. expertise is only good in pvp and i would like to be able to do anything i want in the game. i also think you should be able to get infinite in the collections tab. i think these tokens should only be given at the end of a season, no other option. that would give them near infinite value and make people think before selling them to other players. if they could be obtained in any other way im sure players would do that, getting a spot on the leaderboards is hard work. i also think that they should be awarded to everyone, in varying quantities. some people might suck but really want to improve and they should get a chance. at lower levels i hated arenas because id get ganged up on and shot down in a heart beat and not get any medals, making the experience completely useless. this is especially bad for non-subs, who get only 5 wz a week. now with a single unnatural preservation i am guaranteed to get one, but yeah...

The idea of the ranked pvp vendor is a great one but I can see people would get annoyed at it. At the end of the day we're balancing how to set unique rewards amongst a large population. I love the idea of being able to earn a girrada rancor but I recognise it is a special reward for those who met the prerequisites in season 1 and allowing it out to others lessens the value of the original achievement. I know 1500+ will still be 'allstars' so they still have a title to signify their end of s1 ranking but if we change the system people would have had the expectation that this was a one off.

The idea of a scalable mount that goes to all participants also lessens the uniqueness of the reward, and I don't think everyone should get a mount just for participating in ranked.

That said we need a way to get more people to participate - hopefully the combination of knowing there are good rewards at the end of s2, a daily / weekly ranked quest (could the rewards of completing the daily be a +10 to your rating rather than rwz comms?) and a shorter season will promote better participation.

Again, I'd just say I think we should keep the top 96 as only cosmetic rewards ie titles because I'd hate to see significant development effort applied to such a tiny proportion of the playerbase. Spend your time on top bracket rewards instead which while account for only approx 5% of the pop this is much higher than 96 players - and it will serve as a better incentive for the larger community.

How about the idea that the speaker in thr beginning of the matches of arenas and huttball is referering to any of the top 3players of the season.

For instance the place 2 ranked gunslinger enters an arena and the speaker says instead of the ususal boring two sentences something like: "Today one of the smoking gun champions is amongs us, can the underdogs withstand his firepower? We will see in the slaughter to come"

Or:

Two of the top 3ranked players are facing of in the teams opposing. Speaker announcment: "Look at this! Two champions and their team are facing of today. Who will dominate?"

That would make me pay attention to the announcment once again and it would feel much more interactive.

For the top reward for second season why not give out a special set of Legacy mainhands with their own unique effects and appearance.

The box would include, 2 sabers, 1 double saber, 2 pistols, one rifle, one sniper and an auto-cannon.

Lowest Reward: A mini Baron Deathmark pet - like a hologram or something - that gets angry when you kick the ball.

Middle Reward: The ability to change the appearance of one of your combat abilities so that it acts in the same way but just looks different. E.g. the ability to make force push look like the lightsaber knockback swing which npcs have.

Highest Reward: New unique armor and weapon for their respective class which isn't a reskin and is completely new in design

I've got it. For part of the top prize, a special buff and effect. When they enter a warzone it announces to everyone that a champion has entered the fight and any team members within 15 meters of him in the warzone receives a special buff that grants +5 defense/offense. This would truly show the greatness of a champion.

This buff would only last for the season and then the top champions of the next season would gain the buff.

I would like to see

Custom emote, like /champion "You raise your hands in the air as a apotline shines on you and money/flowers/whatever rains around you briefly"

Custom regeneration item ideas:

Kata, demonstrates your martial prowess by performing a martial arts kata to regen

Battle plan: basically a screen drops in front of you with battle plans for one of the warzone which you review while healing

Watch the game: A recliner appears and you kick back while watching a floating projection of a huttball match to heal

A commemorative huttball which you can kick to people similar to the lifeday tinsel bombs

Titles of course are nice

Unique gear sets that come with mk-9 augment kits already attached or allow discounted mod swapping

Unique death animation: places a buff on you similar to the "kick the huttball" item, when you die your body burns away and a phoenix rises, something like that.

Custom mounts are always good, Walkers, maybe one of those narshada styled taxis.

Unique housing stuff could certainly be an option for the new stronghold stuff

Color crystals ~ Pure black, Silver

Being able to pull any of these from collections would be highly desirable

Access to a PVP VIP room maybe (Good for all season once you've achieved a certain rank in any season)

A custom emote that is like a finisher move in mortal kombat like a curbstomp or some sh@t

A pvp gear vendor ability , like the legacy ability to summon a repair droid but one that summons jensen for my pvp needs including comms. That way I wont have to keep going back to fleet to exchange my comms...

A special unique set of adaptive pvp legacy gear - would have to be something very amazing, very appealing.

Offer unique adaptive weapons too - The Gree event had some sabers that were amazing to look at. Guns with laser sights are very popular. Perhaps expand on that. On that note, could weapons be made to have dye mods?

Agree on the PvP color Crystals.

Toys that regenerate health and power, also popular, perhaps make some unique ones for PvP.

PVP Vendors need updated, provide some new rewards for those who have extra comms after being fully geared. Add more PvP color crystals, mounts, perhaps special PvP stims? Add some more updated weapons too for the different levels. Just add some stuff.

***Make a special PVP COMPANION reward - yes a new companion!!!!

:ph_thank_you:

I think there could be a lot of cool reward changes in Season 2. Here are my recommendations.

I think each higher rank should get any item in the ranks lower than that one.

All

-Cartel Coins

-Titles

-Pets

-PvP Stims and Medpacks

-Seasonal Fireworks or Toys

Med

-Mounts (not as good as highest rank but some for competitors is good intensive)

-Dyes

-Gear

-Expertise Augments

-Color Crystals

-Some kind of Legacy Unlock for pvp

-Companion Customization

-Narglatch Mount http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Narglatch

-Free Subscriber Game Time

-Class Weapon Skin

-Class Armor Set Skin

- I Would like to see some sort of new prize other than the norm. Something that can top a mount, even if i have no idea what.