Commendation chest after Firebrand + Stormcaller

You broke it.

The chest you have to clear to to get the extra commendations does not become available and stays red.

I worked with a programmer who never tested anything once. He kept telling me he had fixed his part and everytime I'd integrate it with mine I'd discover it wasn't fixed or a new bug was created and he'd waste my time rather than take a few minutes to just test it out... eventually we fired him.

I'm reminded of him today. Thx for the memories.

Clear to the chest faster and it becomes available..

Do you read patch notes? Have you raided today?

My money is on NO.

Obviously if I say they broke it.... it would imply it once worked...

They changed the loot source but forgot to change the trigger that unlocks access to the bonus chest.

Edited by Keondo

If that's the case you have to clear out all that trash in the trenches to loot that chest that a load of bull crap. why would a company require you to clear trash to loot a stupid chest for 4 comms, in that case they should make it drop 20 comms and black and purple crystal. risk VS reward, for all the work that's required to get them.

The reward for that chest is decent enough. It's only one or two extra pulls that are of moderate difficulty. For a decent group, this should be only a minute or two diversion.

That said, the chest that used to hold the Firebrand and Stormcaller loot should either be gone or locked. The loot drops from one of the tanks.

As for the optional chest with Black Hole comms and some other neat stuff, I'm not sure whether it has a locked/unlock function or if it's like an open world chest. If it is lock/unlock as you say, I wonder what was the condition for it to be unlocked. It might have been opening the chest from the Firebrand/Stormcaller fight, which shouldn't exist. Which means, the conditions that must be met to unlock the chest are no longer available, which then means the chest will stay in its default state, locked, forever.

That is, if the boss chest was what unlocked this optional one. A more logical step to unlocking the chest would be having the entire mob around it be dead.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

Did story mode denova today, same thing happened.

Firebrand dropped the regular boss loot from the tank fight. Cleared trash to the chest in the trenches (most of them at least). Chest stayed locked. AMAGAWD I am owed 4 black hole comms!! (but srsly, kinda sucks).

One raid member went back to the chest after minesweeper and it was gone completely.

The reward for that chest is decent enough. It's only one or two extra pulls that are of moderate difficulty. For a decent group, this should be only a minute or two diversion.

That said, the chest that used to hold the Firebrand and Stormcaller loot should either be gone or locked. The loot drops from one of the tanks.

As for the optional chest with Black Hole comms and some other neat stuff, I'm not sure whether it has a locked/unlock function or if it's like an open world chest. If it is lock/unlock as you say, I wonder what was the condition for it to be unlocked. It might have been opening the chest from the Firebrand/Stormcaller fight, which shouldn't exist. Which means, the conditions that must be met to unlock the chest are no longer available, which then means the chest will stay in its default state, locked, forever.

That is, if the boss chest was what unlocked this optional one. A more logical step to unlocking the chest would be having the entire mob around it be dead.

^^

When the dev team changed the loot from the chest on 2 tanks and instead put it on Firebrand, it broke the trigger. While only a theory because we are not allowed to view their spaghetti code, it is the only theory that makes sense.

So between this tonight, and the 3 weeks Nightmare Pilgrim weekly was bugged, I am out 16 comms. Is it a big deal? Not really, but it makes getting my offset a little easier.

Yup we had the same thing clearing EC SM last night, glad to see its not just us we all bug reported it and got the standard we dont care reply saying they cant confirm our report (even though we where still in the OP at the time) and give us all the black hole tokens.

We can confirm yes the second chest is indeed broken, the one in the trenches and we got there about 5 min after dropping the boss, Ie not leaving and coming back another night.

I think some one said further up they think bowares messed up the trigger for the chest.. sounds about right to me!..

more patch more bugs.

If this is all they broke.it doesn't sound too bad lol!

You're most likely right about whatever used to trigger the beginning of the timer for the chest has messed up. It may very well have started the timer when you open the loot chest next to firebrand.

Everytime anyone experiences this report an actual ticket please. The more the receive the more likely they are to fox it.soon.

Good to know though, I guess well skip this chest tonight

Lemme be clear. We cleared all the trash up to the chest

I don't even know why that guy would think we didn't honestly... but seeing as that's somehow in question... (couldn't possible be that the devs would screw up, that's just not possible!!)

Looted Firebrand, headed down the corridors, killed 2 groups, (not the group in the back that's alone cause it's not in the way of anything)... clear that first group of 6 outside, made a right, clear a group where 2 are standing in the bunker and 2 stealthers... clear the group of 8 at the chest... no chest to be had!!!

It was red and stayed red...

In my book, thats what I call broken

Edited by Keondo

everyone in denova reported the same issue last night (5/30).

another quality patch, well tested, brought to you by the Bioware internal test team (the non-existent one)

edit to add, in case people think timing was the problem. we took 5 minutes and 12 seconds to get to the chest after killing the tanks. We were partnering up with another guild to kill pilgrim right after, so I was keeping tabs on time.

I don't think 5:12 is too long to get to the chest.. -_-

Edited by oredith

There was a bug earlier where loot in chest was not avaliable for looting and with that change they fixed it. Not defending them but explaining a bit since it happened to us. At that point costumer support distributed the items to people who should get them after a very long ticket explaining who was in raid, what exactly happened and when exactly it happened.

Now they should have checked where this trigger was earlier and change it either to tanks dieing or door opening after encounter.

Its not in the known issue list yet, it would be nice if a dev can get back to us on this one as its not part of the trash mobs that we clear them all... At little awkknodgement of this bug as i too got the generic response from customer service... its clearing the trigger missing from when stormcaller and firebrand die.

If they make it so we all have to clear ALL trash then there would be a riot, clearing trash is already boring as hell, causing each ops and flashpoint to take way longer than it should as it is.

If they make it so we all have to clear ALL trash then there would be a riot, clearing trash is already boring as hell, causing each ops and flashpoint to take way longer than it should as it is.

i think you would be mistaken.

there wouldn't be a riot, there would just be silence. Raiding in this game is already pretty marginal. I do it because I like raiding with my friends. we drink, we joke, we laugh at each other's expense. it's not because of the great game design.

one thing we universally hate, is the trench area between tank and minesweeper - if we had to clear every single trash, it could very well be the straw that broke the camel's back. we'd just leave.

i don't think i'd be the only one with that sentiment.

Edited by oredith

Same thing for our group and our clear of EC SM. We all filed tickets, and a couple of us were contacted by CSR reps. They were their standard apologetic selves, and mentioned that they are escalating the issue. However, despite repeated insistence on our part, they are not giving us the Black Hole coms or the rare mat. The best I was able to get from one was that we would be contacted after the investigation is finished and the items could be granted at that point. Translation: don't hold your breath.

Oh well. It wouldn't be raiding in TOR if there weren't bugs.

broke for us too, csr told us we didnt meet the requirements and told us to read the patch notes (as expected a useless response)

wow, now they are just lying to us outright. i would prefer to response to outright lies....

bioware:

please issues an emergency patch tonight and redeem the comms and one person in the group with the mats... pref the GM if they were in the raid, or the next highest rights person (officer).

easy solution right. if u need any more help with customer service just e-mail me.

Just wanted to say this happens to us also on EC SM last night, we killed the tanks and cleared the trash to the chest and it was locked. We cleared all the trash and went back to the chest and it was still locked. We then killed minesweeper and went back to the chest and it was gone. /bug