Cantina's

danielallinson

Hi Guys

Fairly new to this game, loving it as much if not more than KOTOR 1&2 but I must say I'm a little disappointed with the Cantina's. I thought these would be a real social areas where players could hang out play Pazzak with each other and bet on Swoop racing etc. Currently they seem a bit pointless apart from being a 'rest area' to advance companion stories. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Dan

No, the main social area is the fleet station, which you gain access to when you leave your starter planet. The cantina's are just too out of the way for non RP'ers to hang out in.

Speak for yourself. "Real" roleplayers are often found in various cantinas across the cosmos. It's the casual/part-time RPers that hang out in the space stations. I say space stations and not fleets because RPers are only people who utilize the capital ships these days since group finder brought "Beam me up, Scotty!" to the game. In fact, I even attended an event on Ebon Hawk that used one of the capital ships as a cruise liner.

Anyways, I agree with the OP. There are many things the game should have done better in this regard, especially considering how important it is the KotOR franchise.