Returning player: im not mad just upset

Lastlupin

i recently subbed 2 days ago to try to get back in swtor and i will say pve is really good much better when it first came out, but im so very disappointed on how pvp is, where is the big battles and attack and defend, i miss hut ball and scoring that was fun, this 4v4 or i only really played 4v3 is horrible, its a horror show, if and admin or dev is reading this listen to your fan base = more $$$, i honestly fell that 50% of the game is gone right now because of that and for that i will not be resubbing next month, ill probably go back to wow RIP SWG

(pre-order collectors edition and statue was all scratched up still pissed about that)

You must either be on a dead server, or in lows/mids still?

The devs changed the pvp pops a while ago to actually favor 8v8 maps, except if the number of people in the queue is too low then it will pop a 4v4 instead. Even on Star Forge (arguably the most populated server?), in lows and mids you almost always get 4v4 because the number of people in the queue is so small. You might get some 8v8 matches if you are queuing up during EST prime time.

Once you get to level 70, you should see a LOT fewer arenas, and mostly 8v8 matches. And, actually, due to the fact that there are now 3 different huttball maps that count independently for the "random which map do you get"... one of the huttball maps is what pops quite often. There have been whole threads where even people who like huttball dislike how often it pops. Unfortunately for those of us who like to actually play huttball as *huttball*, it's also been my experience that most of the time it gets played as "deathmatch" now-a-days.

YUnfortunately for those of us who like to actually play huttball as *huttball*, it's also been my experience that most of the time it gets played as "deathmatch" now-a-days.

that's any map with a premade of very good players.

but to help the OP out, the maps that still play reasonably well are CW/Yavin, AHG, and NC. VS is slightly behind those first 4.

rarely if ever will you find a legit game of OPG or any of the HBs. By "legit," I mean most ppl on both teams know the rules and are actively trying to win.

to be fair, OPG is more confusing to newcomers, and even when you know your way around, it's very RNG about getting where you need to be for each round. poorly designed map...outside of premades, but there are no full 8v8s anymore. would've been interesting to watch a proper 8v8 stream on that map. HBs are also disorienting in ways that the cap & defend maps are not. so that's partly to blame for ppl ignoring objectives there.

You must either be on a dead server, or in lows/mids still?

The devs changed the pvp pops a while ago to actually favor 8v8 maps, except if the number of people in the queue is too low then it will pop a 4v4 instead. Even on Star Forge (arguably the most populated server?), in lows and mids you almost always get 4v4 because the number of people in the queue is so small. You might get some 8v8 matches if you are queuing up during EST prime time.

Once you get to level 70, you should see a LOT fewer arenas, and mostly 8v8 matches. And, actually, due to the fact that there are now 3 different huttball maps that count independently for the "random which map do you get"... one of the huttball maps is what pops quite often. There have been whole threads where even people who like huttball dislike how often it pops. Unfortunately for those of us who like to actually play huttball as *huttball*, it's also been my experience that most of the time it gets played as "deathmatch" now-a-days.

so ur saying there is still 8v8 i just have to be lvl 70? and im in star forge server

so ur saying there is still 8v8 i just have to be lvl 70? and im in star forge server

Yep. On SF, at level 70 you'll get mostly 8v8s. Even in lows and mids you'll get them occasionally - usually during "prime time", which is evening/night EST.

As it was said a lot has changed in regards of PVP. Due to lower and lower game population the servers were merged to assure pops for all parts of the game like PVP, GSF, FPS and so on. For PVP the que works in a way that if there is not enough players you get 4v4, but if there are enough players the game matches 8v8. The problem is "lowbie PVP" where there are really no motivations.

In the past you played lowbie PVP for PVP coms, for which you could have bought a full set of PVP gear when you reached top level. Now you gear WHEN you reach top level. So there is little reason to play lowbie PVP. Once you get to level 70 the pops will be 95% 8v8.

The game is a bit different than at launch. Its due to the fact that the Developers took a direction which the players didnt want, but then some bad Devs took an even worse direction. Now it is being fixed and the people are being listened to, yet the process does take some time, but with 6.0 coming later this year it should be fine.

Edited by merovejec

As it was said a lot has changed in regards of PVP. Due to lower and lower game population the servers were merged to assure pops for all parts of the game like PVP, GSF, FPS and so on. For PVP the que works in a way that if there is not enough players you get 4v4, but if there are enough players the game matches 8v8. The problem is "lowbie PVP" where there are really no motivations.

In the past you played lowbie PVP for PVP coms, for which you could have bought a full set of PVP gear when you reached top level. Now you gear WHEN you reach top level. So there is little reason to play lowbie PVP. Once you get to level 70 the pops will be 95% 8v8.

The game is a bit different than at launch. Its due to the fact that the Developers took a direction which the players didnt want, but then some bad Devs took an even worse direction. Now it is being fixed and the people are being listedned too, yet the process does take some time, but with 6.0 coming later this year it should be fine.

Sorry to break it, but this game is finished... It's here only because of SW. The damage done by 5.0 and all the horrible decisions in these past years is way too much to get right by a small expansion that will be 6.0.

Everything in these last 3 years was done only to keep this game around for a few more years and keep us subbed... Pointless gear grinds were added to keep us busy while they were unable to deliver any meaningful content.

6.0 won't save this game as gear grind will be worse than ever before with 3 sets for all 3 specs and tactical items we know nothing about, but you can bet something will be off.

Now PVP is about farming mats and crystals and endless spawns of those garbage hutball maps after they removed arenas from reg que, which was another fantastic decision to keep ruining PVP even further..

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Now it is being fixed and the people are being listedned too

I'd be very hard pressed to say the devs are fixing things, or that they are starting to listen to us.

Those are 2 conflicting statements :) the game will never be finished since its Star Wars :)

I really hope you're just trying to troll tbh and being ironic with your smug sarcasm and arrogant blind faith in this game getting any better

Edited by ColorfulCaiques

I'd be very hard pressed to say the devs are fixing things, or that they are starting to listen to us.

I really hope you're just trying to troll tbh and being ironic with your smug sarcasm and arrogant blind faith in this game getting any better

You need to stay positive. For me the game is fun. Sure, it depends on the point of view. I dont play everyday, I turn the game on once or twice a week. Sure, if people play every afternoon they might find the game dull, but thats sadly how it is.

Devs are listening to players. We have pts again. Many things did change based on player feedback.

Unfortunately for those of us who like to actually play huttball as *huttball*, it's also been my experience that most of the time it gets played as "deathmatch" now-a-days.

I've played a number of warzones since I came back and, unfortunately, a lot of them have been HB. I can safely say that none of them were deathmatches, so this must be a server or time of day thing.

I've played a number of warzones since I came back and, unfortunately, a lot of them have been HB. I can safely say that none of them were deathmatches, so this must be a server or time of day thing.

All of the HB maps are the most difficult to play objectively (or get all 16 players to). That said, the original map is played much more objectively than the others, in my experience. And the Quesh map is almost always deathmatch at mid.

Must be or you are the luckiest HB player in the game :D

Most people are having the completely opposite experience

You need to stay positive. For me the game is fun. Sure, it depends on the point of view. I dont play everyday, I turn the game on once or twice a week. Sure, if people play every afternoon they might find the game dull, but thats sadly how it is.

Devs are listening to players. We have pts again. Many things did change based on player feedback.

They don't...

Look at the classes section.. not even 1% will be taken into consideration about what's discussed there about 6.0 set bonuses and tactical items.

Also, they' been told a million times by PTS'ers not to release Ossus in the state that it was in in regards to gearing etc and they still did release it makeing min maxing gear almost impossible.

They also don't seem to be able to release any major patch without breaking half of the game that will be require 6 + months to fix (companion bug).

You must be really naive to think that this game has any direction or future.. It's only purpose is to keep us subbed while giving us minimal content and updates. Any other MMO would have a massive exodus of players if it god so little content like SWTOR does. I like the game, but we have to be realistic and see things the way they are.

This game is still around due to being the only Star Wars online game. People have no alternative SW game to play...