Why Does Every Important Imperial Character Die?

CheesecakeCzar

Just so we have a list, most of the Jedi Council is dead

or out of action like Tol Braga or Syo Bakarn depending on the Jedi players' decisions

The confirmed active members are:

Satele Shan (Grandmaster)

Barsen'thor (Military Advisor as well as full council member)

Bela Kiwiiks

Cedral Gend (Dark nexus expert)

Gnost-Dural (Jedi Archivist) [yet to be seen in game]

Wens Aleusis [ditto]

*Aleph Tarkowv [ditto I believe, added during the later events of the game (Chapter 2-3), possibly later meaning he is not a Councillor yet]

For a sense of understanding, at the beginning of the events of SWTOR, the council was made of 11 (Barsen'thor and Aleph not being council members yet). At full strength (Chapter 2) the council had 12-13 acting members. We are almost literally down to half strength.

In addition we have our Senate traitors and the loss of Janarus as Chancellor (this may have been a blessing or a curse, it is too soon as comparing Chancellors is not a numbers game).

As for the Emperor, he doesn't want to destroy all life, he wants to sacrifice it. Small difference to us, but he sees it as a need for his rise to further power. He does not seek power over beings, as he has little care for it. The Empire itself is a means to an end. Likely, he wants to do the Sacrifice, and go to some new galaxy (as he would have the time), to go discover the mysteries of the Force or whatever. His danger is fear of death and a belief he deserves life more than the rest of us. (All taken from Revan {the novel} and Lord Scourge)

As for the Empire, we don't fight for the Emperor, a person no civilian has ever seen, we fight for order (ideally), a reprieve from all the very visible squabbles and decade long talks the Republic is known for. It's why Darth Marr, with his reigning in of the Council, has proven to be a better face of the Empire than the Emperor was.

Edited by Maullum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oric Traless (ditto)

Well, if by ditto you mean not in the game, that would be incorrect. As of Chapter 2.7, Oric is dead :p.

Also, Cedral Gend from the Seeker Droid missions is also on the Council IIRC.

But you know, the Republic just has an easier time replacing Council members. Let's just say there are as many Jedi capable of ascending to the Jedi Council as there are Sith for the Dark Council. Who will always be replaced first, who will stay in their position longer? The Jedi, because they won't practice political infighting over the position, especially when at war. Also, the JC doesn't have the significant political pull of the Dark Council, which is the Empire's government.

So yeah, losing a member of the DC is a bigger problem. Especially if it were people like Marr and Vowrawn, who held their positions for decades, it would probably lead to massive trouble.

The worst part is, I meant to put Cedral, not Oric. Oops..... (fixed though!)

Anyhoo, there isn't as many Jedi up for promotion as there are Sith in my opinion, as the regulations are stricter, and both have the whole election thing. Lemme put it this way, even a lightside JK doesn't make the council. The only reason the SW isn't put on the Dark Council is that he/she is technically above it.

As for political infighting on behalf of the Sith, the Jedi debate endlessly, so really you're screwed either way. And as for Vowrawn or Marr getting killed, if Satele died, we'd have a massive mess on our hands, as it's either Gnost-Dural or Bela Kiwiiks (seemingly) next in line, and neither have war experience (Gnost isn't the greatest fighter, and Bela.... she's still pretty shook up). The whole reason Satele became a master is she had a sound knowledge of tactics and battle.

In other words, I consider the deaths on the equal side. But in either case, the only reason I put up the info was to illustrate that the Republic and it's Jedi are losing important people too. It seems like when BioWare wants a boss, they just grab a Councillor and give him mechanics.

Edited by Maullum

The worst part is, I meant to put Cedral, not Oric. Oops..... (fixed though!)

Anyhoo, there isn't as many Jedi up for promotion as there are Sith in my opinion, as the regulations are stricter, and both have the whole election thing. Lemme put it this way, even a lightside JK doesn't make the council. The only reason the SW isn't put on the Dark Council is that he/she is technically above it.

As for political infighting on behalf of the Sith, the Jedi debate endlessly, so really you're screwed either way. And as for Vowrawn or Marr getting killed, if Satele died, we'd have a massive mess on our hands, as it's either Gnost-Dural or Bela Kiwiiks (seemingly) next in line, and neither have war experience (Gnost isn't the greatest fighter, and Bela.... she's still pretty shook up). The whole reason Satele became a master is she had a sound knowledge of tactics and battle.

In other words, I consider the deaths on the equal side. But in either case, the only reason I put up the info was to illustrate that the Republic and it's Jedi are losing important people too. It seems like when BioWare wants a boss, they just grab a Councillor and give him mechanics.

I don't think the Jedi debate "endlessly" when it really counts. The Bar'senthor wasn't up for debate at all, as an example. Darth Nox/Imperius/Occulus, on the other hand, was immediately doubted by Darth Ravage.

And I rest my case, the Republic's losses are not as significant. Simply because losing a member of the Jedi Council doesn't influence the Republic as a whole, only the Jedi. Losing a member of the Dark Council has a negative impact on the Empire as a whole, because the Dark Councilors are members of the Empire's government. They are more important to the Empire's functionality than the Jedi Council is to the Republic.

Using your example, if Satele died, the Jedi need to find a new Grandmaster of the Order. The Republic loses a symbol. If Marr dies, the Empire needs a new (de facto) leader. It's a difference in importance.

Just so we have a list, most of the Jedi Council is dead

or out of action like Tol Braga or Syo Bakarn depending on the Jedi players' decisions

T

TB is dead regardless of player choice the star cabal kill him

Bela Kiwiiks

from what i was lead to believe in my playthrough of the Jedi Knight Story she Died in my playthrough... along with all the Jedi under my command and general Var Suthra...... so its a maybe/maybe not issue here lol

from what i was lead to believe in my playthrough of the Jedi Knight Story she Died in my playthrough... along with all the Jedi under my command and general Var Suthra...... so its a maybe/maybe not issue here lol

We assume Light Side, so all of them survive.