Remove the Free Account Restriction

Bullsith

Lol so if the pvp is free and rewards are not. HOW ARE THE F2P PLAYERS GOING TO GEAR? Do people really think that if they played for free with no rewards and in green gear it's gonna make people sub more? Do people want to get smashed for 8k. How fun is it to get two shotted in a 50 pvp. I do not want to play against people who don't have gear. If your problem is the time that you play then change servers. Im on POT5 and never have to wait for queue times. Don't use the time I play because I live in Hawaii and play on east coast and never had issues for pvp. To me it just sounds like you want this for yourself so you can pawn people in green gear at 50. I would say this I only sub for pvp and if pvp was free, but had no rewards. I would unsub and just pvp. I don't need rewards when I have the gear already.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a sub, I find the current queues to be fine (pretty much instant from 9am gmt to 2am gmt), both when leveling and at 50, so increasing the number of players will not improve the queue times.

I think the thing people dont understand with the restrictions are that they are deliberatly annoying you, as they want you to get your wallet out and sub, they dont want to give free unlimited warzones, that does not increase their profits.

This game does not have a free to play model, it has an "annoy the feck out of people, till they sub" model.

if they made warzones free and removed teh restrictions for gear so free to play could get artifact purples, they would actually loose subscribers, as beleive it or not many people play jsut for the pvp.

It does not mater if it takes 3 times as long to get gear, if you pvp a lot you have full tier gear in a week. If tat takes 3 weeks so what (everyone else will take just as long, except for the few pvp players which remaied subbed), they only update it 3 times a year anyway.

Exactly!!! This is what I have been saying. I agree with all the way. I only sub for pvp too and if it was free I wouldn't sub anymore. I would just play with the min/maxed gear I have. I know a PT right now who is one of the best. He has gear and credits. Before he unsubbed he gave all of his credits to his RL friend so that when he was F2P he could just buy wz weekly passes on GTN. His gear is the best you can get. He doesn't need rewards he just PVP'S. If it went free a lot of pvper's will do the same thing.

I'm a subscriber and I'm totally in support of making F2P less limited. F2P players should feel like welcomed guest, not second class citizens I think 3 war zones a week is pretty ridiculous why not offer say a monthly pass for 7 dollars one for unlimited war zones and one for unlimited ops and FPs . EA should lift more restrictions on F2P and premium and give more incentives to subscribers I think being able to attract more players even if they never subscribe or buy cartel coins helps everybody including subscribers since it increases server populations. I know allot of people frown upon F2P but I think its a great business model it attracts people to the play the game and hopefully become immersed and want to pay to be able to access great incentives and content.

i am subsciber, but my opinion is there is no point for pvpers to play subscription. They get nothing new for their money and they pay every month. For me monthly fee is nothing, but question is why pay at all? Pvpers play everyday same 5 maps. They have to pay for expansion to lvl up to 55. There is a lot of games f2p with full access and thats only question of time here to happen. Just some ppl dont want to understand that. Ppl play every month and they get new WZ map every 8 months? .... just discuss ... Edited by mrekxxx

Exactly what I'm saying. They already have a weekly pass. You can purchase it on GTN or Cartel market. If people really want to PVP more they will pay for it.

^ Agreed with this.

Also primetime weekend PVP hours are now F2P primetimes. Which are full of incredibly bad matches. I'm not pissing on F2Pers at all, just saying as it is strikes a balance. We can play outside of those hours and have a decent chance for decent reg. WZs.

If F2P PVP was completely unlocked it's a reasonable assumption reg. would be craptastic at all hours. Might make F2Pers happy, but I wouldn't be PVPing enough anymore to find out.

Edited by Joesixxpack

^ Agreed with this.

Also primetime weekend PVP hours are now F2P primetimes. Which are full of incredibly bad matches. I'm not pissing on F2Pers at all, just saying as it is strikes a balance. We can play outside of those hours and have a decent chance for decent reg. WZs.

If F2P PVP was completely unlocked it's a reasonable assumption reg. would be craptastic at all hours. Might make F2Pers happy, but I wouldn't be PVPing enough anymore to find out.

Yes cause it's working out so well already... why am I here then? Oh wait, 20 min queues or never. Obviously the F2P-ers are crowding up to buy those packs... but not really.

And I am not looking to make F2P-ers happy, I honestly don't care who is happy and who isn't when I'm not.

Now, I know when SWTOR went F2P most of the fanoboys crapped bricks, but it's time to accept that f2p saved this game, it's time to adjust to that fact.

I dont think it's possible to make pvp unlimited to f2p players, It would just end up with alot of bots that grind xp and marks with nothing for the botters to lose. I would guess this is the main reason why it is limited.

If it wasnt they probably have it unlimited with some restrictions that you could unlock via market

right. Although it is possible OP has a point. BW could give new players a free 1 week pass for PvP (e.g. mail it to them after they do their very first WZ). The first taste is free ...

Like trying to turn someone on with a sweet first hit of crack?

Maybe F2P peeps might want to open up that wallet and pay 15 bucks and be able to do all the great thing subscribers do.

By the way its funny to see those scrubs get blown up in WZ. They are at a disadvantage because they are cheap.

Keep them in greens as reward to the people who actually pay for this game.

Yes cause it's working out so well already... why am I here then? Oh wait, 20 min queues or never. Obviously the F2P-ers are crowding up to buy those packs... but not really.

And I am not looking to make F2P-ers happy, I honestly don't care who is happy and who isn't when I'm not.

Now, I know when SWTOR went F2P most of the fanoboys crapped bricks, but it's time to accept that f2p saved this game, it's time to adjust to that fact.

Indeed F2P has been good for the game's health. Sounds like you're on a server that PVP-wise didn't benefit as much from the mergers as others, which sucks.

I don't think that there is any harm in either extending or just allowing F2P full access to pvp. If you want your game to grow and remain busy at all times, then you need to look at all options.

Personally, I think its only a matter of time before this game becomes a true free to play game like Guild Wars 2 with MTs littered across the game.

Ive never been a fan of placing tight restrictions on players in gaming because not every one can afford to pay a sub and it creates a place like in real life - those who have and those who don't have and it shouldn't happen in gaming.

Bioware should look at the Guild Wars 2 model and even Riot with League of Leagues and look at customisation more as paid options instead of restrictions.

SWTOR PVP is not that great, in fact it's just a little worse than WoW's, in my opinion. So it's no privlege to do more than 3 Warzones.

That being said, a free player trying out the game, you know, a potential customer, won't be so keen to give you their money if all they can do is get a small sample of PVP (during wich he can get totally owned by organised and better geared teams).

All I'm saying is let people join PVP, reduce their rewards, let them gain marks 3 times a week or something like that. Just don't shut the door in ther face like this. As I said, your PVP isn't that great, it's not the strong point of this game, so I don't see why this restriction was imposed.

They give away the story free which is the best part....................

I love not having F2Prs in the WZ, they should be segregated into their own matches at max level. Unless you are paying to wear purple there is a giant gear gap anyway.

I don't think that there is any harm in either extending or just allowing F2P full access to pvp. If you want your game to grow and remain busy at all times, then you need to look at all options.

Personally, I think its only a matter of time before this game becomes a true free to play game like Guild Wars 2 with MTs littered across the game.

Ive never been a fan of placing tight restrictions on players in gaming because not every one can afford to pay a sub and it creates a place like in real life - those who have and those who don't have and it shouldn't happen in gaming.

Bioware should look at the Guild Wars 2 model and even Riot with League of Leagues and look at customisation more as paid options instead of restrictions.

I understand with what you are saying but its only .50 cents a day. If you can afford to pay for internet I am pretty sure you can afford 50cents a day. League and guild wars 2 are different platforms and have less overall content than SWTOR. League was already free to begin with and GW2 is not f2p. You still need to buy the game. SWTOR is like 15 dollars now or something. GW2 is 60 dollars. So with that being said you pay 60 dollars on SWTOR you get 4 months and yes with 60 dollars GW2 is unlimited, but GW2 has lost more players than SWTOR. So why compare a game like GW2 when it is failing. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.

I understand with what you are saying but its only .50 cents a day. If you can afford to pay for internet I am pretty sure you can afford 50cents a day. League and guild wars 2 are different platforms and have less overall content than SWTOR. League was already free to begin with and GW2 is not f2p. You still need to buy the game. SWTOR is like 15 dollars now or something. GW2 is 60 dollars. So with that being said you pay 60 dollars on SWTOR you get 4 months and yes with 60 dollars GW2 is unlimited, but GW2 has lost more players than SWTOR. So why compare a game like GW2 when it is failing. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.

So please tell me what the **** is the incentive for a F2P to join PVP in SWTOR? I mean honestly, from an unbiased perspective, we are all subs here. Why would you, as a f2p player, pay money ? The PVP is not that great, for **** sake, it's just a few warzones, class imbalance and bugs plus cheaters, ok a few of those are in every game, but there's also itemization and as a guy who just hit 50 running into a guy who is packing full elite gear you won't last 5 seconds. So let's assume that an F2P player with a working mind runs into that... you honestly think he's gonna pay?

Look, before F2P the game was near dead, literally below 10 people on peak hours on the space station, F2P brought back some life to this game, only in presence, we see bigger numbers in the space station and on other planets, and so on. But it didn't fix longass queues. So please, let's not pretend things are going so great with SWTOR that it does not need F2P or that F2P players need to be treated like ****.

Give them limited reward access to PVP so they can participate without thinking of their weekly PVP limit. I guarantee they won't have a great time owning subscribers, in fact it's the other way around, but at least they'll do something about queues.

And sure make it on PVE servers only, so the PVP servers that have good queues or any server that has good queues is not affected. Happy ending.

Oh and don't even compare GW2 PVP with this, for better or worse, GW2 PVP has more variation now than SWTOR will have in the next 5 years (their large scale PVP actually works).

. Why compare it to LEAGUE when its two totally different types of games. Why don't we just say MAPLE STORY is free so why can't SWTOR make it free like MAPLE STORY. If someone is F2P and gets to level to 50 and now wants to PVP more they should pay for it.

I wasn't comparing games, I was comparing business models. LoL has probably one of the best ones around, which explains why so many millions of people play it

Maybe F2P peeps might want to open up that wallet and pay 15 bucks and be able to do all the great thing subscribers do.

By the way its funny to see those scrubs get blown up in WZ. They are at a disadvantage because they are cheap.

Keep them in greens as reward to the people who actually pay for this game.

Of course, what really happens is that they keep getting blown up (because Recruit gear is awful), have a horrible time, and then they just leave the game, rather than spending money.