Merc vs Mara?

ImBalLoRd

Which is better to roll late game?

-Merc

why: dps are plenty , at least with mercenary you can heal so you will be a tad more wanted or if you are tired, you can change roll at least, Marauder is dps dps dps.

Which is more bawss!

-Depend of the point of view of what you think is cool. Do you prefer saber techniques? long jump? Having dual pistol, rockets .. and even more rockets?

Which is funner?

-Still depend of what is fun to you. I do know for a fact that if you go dps merc, youll be going in the middle tree like me and spam Tracer missile until your eyes bleed. When you unlock that ability in the tree ,thats mostly what you will do the rest of your life except on boss fight. Marauder is about building combo point and spending it on technique but i havent played it, i got a lvl 50 jugg and 50 merc

Which is better in PvP?

Depend on your playstyle. You need to be really good to make a marauder (and alot of dedication) good in pvp. They can be quite deadly or you can end up never reaching (staying on) your target as you can open him in 3 secs. Marauder need alot of movement and quick thinking. Mercenary you try to find a ledge that people will perhaps have more problem getting to you and you spam Tracer missile (talking as a dps merc)... well you can do more but i do that so often, i can tear down some people with only 3 missiles at 50. It can be quite boring and you can easily be shutted down if you are not careful since mercenary is more about being a turret

Which has better story line?!

So far for me its the sith warrior who won the award of the best storyline. I hated my 1 to 30 as a BH. You do the great hunt. You go somwhere, find the target, kill it and come back. After 30 it get more interesting. But yeah Sith warrior you can do destruction, chaos and some really kick *** cutscene

IDFK?!!!!!!

It really depend if you prefer to be dual wielding saber in a medium armor and being only a DPS class (wich is plenty atm), a glass canon or if you wanna be a dual wielding pistol throwing rockets out of my back (seriously i hate the animation of tracer missile, looks like he is doing a #2 at the washroom) wearing heavy armor and having 2 role , healer or dps

HELP MEE!!!!!

just did

which is better to roll late game?

-merc

why: Dps are plenty , at least with mercenary you can heal so you will be a tad more wanted or if you are tired, you can change roll at least, marauder is dps dps dps.

Which is more bawss!

-depend of the point of view of what you think is cool. Do you prefer saber techniques? Long jump? Having dual pistol, rockets .. And even more rockets?

Which is funner?

-still depend of what is fun to you. I do know for a fact that if you go dps merc, youll be going in the middle tree like me and spam tracer missile until your eyes bleed. When you unlock that ability in the tree ,thats mostly what you will do the rest of your life except on boss fight. Marauder is about building combo point and spending it on technique but i havent played it, i got a lvl 50 jugg and 50 merc

which is better in pvp?

Depend on your playstyle. You need to be really good to make a marauder (and alot of dedication) good in pvp. They can be quite deadly or you can end up never reaching (staying on) your target as you can open him in 3 secs. Marauder need alot of movement and quick thinking. Mercenary you try to find a ledge that people will perhaps have more problem getting to you and you spam tracer missile (talking as a dps merc)... Well you can do more but i do that so often, i can tear down some people with only 3 missiles at 50. It can be quite boring and you can easily be shutted down if you are not careful since mercenary is more about being a turret

which has better story line?!

So far for me its the sith warrior who won the award of the best storyline. I hated my 1 to 30 as a bh. You do the great hunt. You go somwhere, find the target, kill it and come back. After 30 it get more interesting. But yeah sith warrior you can do destruction, chaos and some really kick *** cutscene

idfk?!!!!!!

It really depend if you prefer to be dual wielding saber in a medium armor and being only a dps class (wich is plenty atm), a glass canon or if you wanna be a dual wielding pistol throwing rockets out of my back (seriously i hate the animation of tracer missile, looks like he is doing a #2 at the washroom) wearing heavy armor and having 2 role , healer or dps

help mee!!!!!

Just did

thank youuu!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!111!!!!

As a Merc, in PVP the class I have the easiest time absolutely demolishing is definately the marauder. As soon as they get in range they just melt.

Plus, the two saber thing is so over done.

Fire, rockets, and blasters are the way to go. That being said, my first role was a Juggernaut and I loved it. Ive gotten to 41 as a Merc. So far, the Jugg story was more interesting overall. After the great hunt the BH storyline gets kind of boring for a while. However, something big just happened that has me interested again, so we'll see how this goes. Haha

As someone who just got his Sentinel to 35 and started a BH alt I can say without hesitation that in my opinion BH is miles easier and more fun than the melee Sent/Mara. Soloing is a walk in the park and groups are so much more fun. Nothing like leaping across an area to the target your tank engages to have them pull the thing to them... then go walking back just to get there as the thing dies.

From the point of view of a healer, I would always rather team with a Merc DPS than a Marauder or an Assassin DPS. In both PvE and PvP, the extra damage reduction from heavy armour is welcome, the ranged nature of dual blasters means they're generally out of harms way more and for utility they can add a little healing when needed, a 45s in-combat stun, no CD on revive and don't tend to force jump out of my heal range :-)

I would love to know who would win a duel between a merc and marauder (maybe with assassin too), removing armour/implants/relics/etc from the equation and only equal level weapons, buffs and abilities.

It actually occurred to me the other day and I have no real way to explain it; why does the merc have ranged dmg AND heavy armour, while the marauder is melee and in medium? The merc gets the same armour as powertech, why doesn't marauder get the same as juggernaut? If anything, the merc should be down a notch. Juggs should get extra damage mitigation from talents and let marauders have heavy armour. It's an aberration. If marauders significantly out-DPSd mercs I'd think fair enough to medium armour, but they don't.