1.1.4 - Mortar Volley fix anytime soon?

Sandzibar

So i see from the notes another week goes by without you tweaking the timings on Mortar Volley (Trooper) so that its the same as Death From Above (Bounty Hunter).

Cant be that hard to fix can it? And its been bug reported many many wonderful times... </lassard>

its not as if we're asking for something in the same realm of difficulty as making ilum a viable and fun endgame for PVPers.. OHSNAP

Edited by Sandzibar

Yes, please. This issue has been reported for months now.

Yes, please. "All of" 2 months now. Patience, young padawan!

If it's such a big problem for you, you might consider rolling an alternate character as Bounty Hunter for the time being.

Same thing for full auto. It has a huge delay before damage starts. ALso Full auto is at a huge disadvantage compared to its BH equivalent because it only hits 3 times compared to the BH hitting 7 times which gives it a higher chance to proc the talent Cell charger. Same thing goes for Death from above and mortar volley. I know death from above procs cell charger but I dont think full auto does.

They've already mentioned that the lack of mirroring when it comes to the animations and timing of mirrored abilities will be solved in a future patch in one go (most likely 1.2 which will have more balance changes).

They want to account for all the changes and lay them out in one big patch. Believe me when I say that the Mortar Volley timing issue isn't nearly as bad as the issues some other classes have (i.e. Smuggler Dirty Kick roots the Smuggler but IA equivalent can be used on the move, Consular Project doesn't do its damage until the projectile hits the target, meaning the target can survive with a heal or cooldown used in a split second, whereas Inquisitor's Shock projectile is instant so the damage is as well).

Instead of solving each little difference in one patch, they are going to take a step back and involve the designers to say "which is better for gameplay and balance, the delayed or the instant version?" for each and every ability before pulling the trigger on the changes.

Edited by Mapex

very few people stay in place once the ground affect appears anyway, so it is often a wasted CD (except in PVE, where this is a non-issue). Most won't sit around and eat three rounds of announced AOE damage.

Have you truly run out of "real" issues to complain about?

I think they want to get 1.2 done by March? So, hopefully... HOPEFULLY we get some updates so critically needed across the classes, especially for Mortar Volley.

If 1.2 comes out in March I'd be shocked TBH. And if it does, it'll probably be scoped back. They're promising *SO MUCH* for 1.2 and meanwhile it still hasn't even hit the PTS yet and March is a couple weeks away.

We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

That is great to hear!! Thank you!

We have a new set of animations in the development pipeline that will even the timing between the class abilities, yes.

As for timing, at the latest these new animations will roll out with the next major content patch, 1.2.

Actually, that wording is worrisome. "Evening the timing" could mean nerfing the the mirrored skills.

Actually, that wording is worrisome. "Evening the timing" could mean nerfing the the mirrored skills.

Yes, that's what will have to happen. Remember, cinematic combat, etc.

For instance, Consular Project is going to be left alone; instead, Inquisitor Shock will now have a charge-up animation to allow for a delay in its damage tick to match that of Project.

To be honest, if players were no longer able to see enemy reticles on the ground, this would be a non-issue for me. So it would would take an extra second to fire off, but if enemies couldn't see it coming it probably wouldnt even matter. I know SWTOR isnt "that other game" but I don't remember ever seeing enemy reticles under me when I got hit with AoE. Either way, Hail of Bolts fires off pretty fast, why not just make the animation the same for both abilities?

This bothers me personally...

Every one of the animation issues favors the Empire. Personally I'd like an explanation about how something like that accidentally happens?

More specifically:

How did that make it to live? I know it was reported in the early days of beta.

A lot of players have been pointing out that all of the faction balancing ability issues favor the Empire. The one that favored the Republic (double ticking the Sage heal) was emergency hot fixed.

So far:

Mortar animation

Double taps by the Imperial canons in Alderaan Warzone

Sage Project ability

All favor the Empire.

Yet there are horrific bugs that only impact the Republic.

Don't get me started on the sheer heck it was getting the +10 datacron for the Republic vs the virtual ease on the Empire side.

Yet the two issues that negatively impacted the Empire:

1. The Void Star bug.

2. Double tapping the AoE consular heal.

Were both instantly fixed. This doesn't need to wait until 1.2 this needs to be done ASAP and more effort needs to go into addressing issues the Republic has rather than addressing issues the Empire has.

i think the fixes and content are already there. theyre just waiting to roll it in one go with 1.2 to lure people to resubscribe. then they will hold some content again for 1.3, 1.4 etc for people to resub again lol.

Yeah, cause I know a lot of people left because mortar volley wasn't an instant ability and are waiting to resub once it's fixed...

The funny thing is he didn't say that this skill would be instant. I will laugh my *** off if the put a delay in the bh animation to match ours! Mortars don't fire and land at the same time, btw :)