Legacy Bank Items not merging or missing

Hawkebatt

No need to take precautions they said. Everything will be fine they said. 7.5 hours of extended maintenance to get everything right, they said.

Now I can't access half my stuff.

But hey, don't worry! You may get it back NEXT WEEK.

UNACCEPTABLE!

A hotfix should be a top priority.

If the CM market disappeared, they'd hotfix that!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than one of my Legacy holds is "missing". Specifically, I am missing everything from two legacies (Begeron Colony and Bastion) that should have gotten "merged" with the stuff from Harbinger, on Satele Shan. And as best I can tell, everything from Jung Ma, and possibly some stuff from Jedi Covenant, failed to get "merged" with the contents of my Ebon Hawk bank on Star Forge. So not one, but at least three, possibly four banks, fully or partially missing.

On Star Forge, it looks like most of the items from my Ebon Hawk legacy bank are present in the "new" legacy bank, and some (but only "some") stuff from one other legacy. Oddly enough, it looks like a couple of the "empty" tabs from Ebon Hawk got "replaced" with "occupied" tabs from one of the other legacies in the "new" legacy bank..

So, Tab 1 and Tab 2 each have 26 slots filled. Tab 3 has 8 filled, and Tab 4 has exactly one slot filled. All of which are arranged just as they were pre-merger. Tab 5 and Tab 6 appear to have the contents of Tab 1 and Tab 2 from my Jedi Covenant legacy bank, likewise arranged as they were pre-merger. Everything from my Jung Ma vault seems to be gone.

Nothing got "merged". Multiple stacks of the same item from different servers are still multiple stacks of the same items, just now on different tabs, instead of different servers. Only 110 of 480 total slots are occupied. Literally hundreds of empty slots that could easily accept all the stacks of items from all three servers, even if no stacks got combined.

Somewhat different situation on Satele Shan server.

I have all the stuff from my Harbinger legacy still in my "new" legacy bank on Satele Shan, including the 100+ empty slots I had open, scattered throughout all 6 tabs. I figured that would be more than enough space for my stuff from Begeren Colony and Bastion, especially since most of what I had on those was crafting mats, which should have simply gotten added to the stacks I already had. But it looiks like not one thing got moved over from those servers. Based on what seems to have happened with my legacy vault on Star Forge, it seems this is because I didn't have any tabs that were completely empty and thus available to be "overwritten" by tabs from the other legacy vaults.

All of which seems rather odd. I can't believe you expected folks to remove and/or rearrange stuff in their legacy banks on every server, so that no legacy bank had items in more than one tab, so that those "occupied" tabs could be directly copied over "empty" tabs in the "new" legacy vaults. Especially since you said that all the banks would be combined, we didn't need to do anything with our Legacy banks, and if there wasn't enough space in the "new" legacy bank, extra items would go into an "overflow" and be easily retrievable.

My stuff is all there, I just can't see it, you say? We'll get it all back with a patch next week? Not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, is it 'safe" to use the empty slots in our legacy storage now, rearrage items, combine stacks, etc., or should we just not touch anything in our legacy banks until the patch next week, lest it mess up things even further? I'm inclined toward the latter option at this point.

Pretty much all this, on both new combined servers.

It isn't an isolated occurrence. The only players not having problems didn't have legacy banks competing with other servers during the merge, or emptied them all before hand.

If this was a known issue (and it had to be) the dev team should have informed players to empty out their legacy banks at least a week before hand, and it should have been posted as a notice when players launched the game.

This merge should have simply added extra legacy tabs to the legacy bank as needed and froze adding new items back into the extra legacy tabs until all the extra legacy tabs were emptied out, and then the emptied tabs would be removed from the banks as needed.

Why this wasn't done is unfathomable before this merge happened, and it would have saved unnecessary grief on the part of your ACTIVE players who were effected MASSIVELY by this HUGE oversight.

Almost all of my most expensive items were in my legacy bank tabs, such as crystals, dyes, flairs, mounts, comps, armors, weapons and tunings. So now nearly ALL (except ONE semi merged legacy tab) of those missing items from multiple legacy banks on other combined servers is completely inaccessible to me, for an unknown amount of time, when this had to be a SERIOUS known issue with this in the first place.

Edited by ShakaeYerbouti

Bang up job testing this before putting it live. This is a big one too. No point in saying anything further about it. We wouldn't be here if they were interested in addressing issues/concerns with the game instead of trying to milk us like Banthas.

It isn't an isolated occurrence. The only players not having problems didn't have legacy banks competing with other servers during the merge, or emptied them all before hand.

Exactly. As of yet, I haven't seen a single post or heard from a single person ingame that they can actually see the legacy overflow or any item from a second (or third) legacy bank. "Only a few people experiencing it" just results from only a few people having legacy banks on different servers that they didn't clean out before, it seems.

Nevertheless, I can wait until next week, as long as the legacy overflow works correct then and I can access all items (preferably without having to pull them out of a dozens mails then^^). Just make sure this time everything goes alright guys.

And great work on the server merges all in all. That seems to be the only major problem, and it should just be a temporary one. Thanks to the whole team. :)

Hey folks,

The team has worked out what is going on. For starters, you do not need to panic, all of your items are actually there, you just can't see them currently. The issue was if a player had a Legacy Cargo Hold on more than one server, one of them could now appear missing. This only happened in rare instances, which is why not everyone was experiencing it. We will have a fix for this in a patch next week.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused, we’ll get you fixed as soon as possible. More updates to come.

-eric

Lord Ptach has been satisfied by our sacrifices this week :)

May my invisible stuff stay safely in limbo and return with the patch.

its good to hear that it will be fixed next week, but what about until then?

what if i start crafting using those mats in my legacy hold? is that going to screw up your stuff?

1) THAT'S A CRITICAL QUESTION RIGHT HERE : CAN WE TAKE AND REMOVE STUFF FOM LEGACY CARGO OR WILL IT CREATE SOME MISMATCH IN THE DATABASE NEXT WEEK ?

2) as for the Legacy itself, I did get the name my 3rd weakest legacy among the 5 leading to Star Forge. What gives ?

Edited by BenduKundalini

Very poor implementation and communication about this issue. It took 24 hours to get this patch going, which is fine and better safe than sorry ofc. How this gets past them and not even fix this today or tomorrow is pretty lame. So we have items that are missing or invisible that we have no clue will be there next week or get messed up adding to the banks. Rare armor, dyes, weapons, cartel items paid with real money...this definitely deserves a hot fix before the weekend.

And to those white knights about to get on my case about this, as I said earlier in my rant...they had 24 hours of maintenance to find this problem, and i'm sure a lot of testing since the announcement. They literally told us a week(?) ago we do not need to take ANY precautions in regards to mail, legacy banks, etc. like a normal server transfer. I don't know about you guys, when the lead producer assures me that we won't have to do this...I tend to take his word for it. I guess playing this game for 5 years, I should have learned my lesson in that regard. Oh well.

Just to clarify a bit from my other post.

Satele Shan: Harbinger legacy bank active, and it merged ONE legacy bank tab/page from Begeron Colony into ONE characters inventory and sent 3 mails for the rest of that ONE tab, but still missing 3 full pages from Begeron Colony, and from Bastion 3 or 4 partially filled pages are missing.

Star Forge: Jung Ma legacy bank active, and NO legacy bank tabs/pages were transferred from Ebon Hawk which had 4 full pages all missing, or Jedi Covenant which had 4 partially filled pages, all missing.

Some players said customer service could help with this. But if it means getting hundreds of mails between the 2 servers, that would be a time consuming nightmare just to resort it all, and then have to send it off by hundreds of mails to multiple other characters for storage.

Edited by ShakaeYerbouti
clarification

Being the rare player that had legacies (and legacy bays) on ALL servers, I think it's worth noting that the problem has occurred in ALL my new legacies : only ONE legacy's cargo made it to the new super server each and every time.

Never any temporary tabs

Never any in-game mail

Edited by BenduKundalini

Looking at how Legacy Banks are being handled, with a flashing red tab. Sorry mine is broken so I don't know how it will work in game, is the maximum number of tabs still 6.

If this is the case and it does seem a very small number given you may have 100 characters now on the one server, but if this is the case, is it a case of any coins or credits used to purchase what have now become a wasted purchase and another casualty of the server mergers?

My legacy was properly selected but I lost a legacy tab from my highest legacy and most of the items. It looks like the number of tabs from legacy storage came from my lesser legacy (all items removed and mailed to first character logged in) and then part of my oldest legacy storage items were transferred, not even a full tab.

Frustrating to say the least, had almost 2 full tabs of Cartel items I never used and my legacy is full of xp buffs and crafting mats...Hopefully they have a fix that works. Lost loads of cartel coins from the merge.

***Check your personal stashes....They purged my personal stash and moved my Jung Ma legacy there with an added tab. Interesting way to handle things.

Edited by croptyn

Hey folks,

The team has worked out what is going on. For starters, you do not need to panic, all of your items are actually there, you just can't see them currently. The issue was if a player had a Legacy Cargo Hold on more than one server, one of them could now appear missing. This only happened in rare instances, which is why not everyone was experiencing it. We will have a fix for this in a patch next week.

We apologize for any frustration this has caused, we’ll get you fixed as soon as possible. More updates to come.

-eric

With so many players that have multiple Legacy Banks, is there a chance of getting several more bank tabs added to our Legacy Banks? This was something we had been wanting before the merger, but now it would be a very welcome addition to the game. Thanks in advance.

Being the rare player that had legacies (and legacy bays) on ALL servers, I think it's worth noting that the problem has occurred in ALL my new legacies : only ONE legacy's cargo made it to the new super server each and every time.

Never any temporary tabs

Never any in-game mail

This is my EXACT same issue. Nicely put, mate. Thanks!

This is my EXACT same issue. Nicely put, mate. Thanks!

Ah! Interesting. You're welcome...

BTW : 6 TABS unlocked account-wide. Only three servers had them full (Mantle of the Force and Battle Meditation in Leviathan, and Ebon Hawk in Star Forge). However they pretty much all had at least one item per tab.

Edited by BenduKundalini

My legacy was properly selected but I lost a legacy tab from my highest legacy and most of the items. It looks like the number of tabs from legacy storage came from my lesser legacy (all items removed and mailed to first character logged in) and then part of my oldest legacy storage items were transferred, not even a full tab.

Frustrating to say the least, had almost 2 full tabs of Cartel items I never used and my legacy is full of xp buffs and crafting mats...Hopefully they have a fix that works. Lost loads of cartel coins from the merge.

***Check your personal stashes....They purged my personal stash and moved my Jung Ma legacy there with an added tab. Interesting way to handle things.

Oh no ! :eek:

Edited by BenduKundalini

I've got a variation on that bug, but it's more irritating than an actual problem. One of my legacy banks had nothing but crafting mats and a few war supplies in it, the other was fully stocked. The fully stocked one is fine, and I can craft with the mats in the invisible legacy bank, I just can't add to it. For example, the visible legacy bank has zero nexor crystals, but I can make nexor synthweaving assemblies with the crystals in the invisible bank.

But I feel deeply for those whose legacy armor sets are now inaccessible. If you're a raider, you can't do much of anything without them.

I have a bit of a half the bug it seems. I have my entire legacy bank from one server, but am missing a good half the items that were in the other bank pre-merger. I had gone to delete a character (since it was a duplicate to my main) and when I went to put things in the legacy bank before deletion she recieved a large amount of mail containing most of what was in the second legacy bank. I deleted her after cleaning out her mail (because that's the only reason I had logged on her at the time) so will any of those items that were missing just be lost forever? Or will they just be sent to a different toon?

It's not a huge deal, just some mats, gear and some legacy gear (that I think a good amount were duplicates anyway) but it'd be nice to know if it's gonna be lost in the void forever or not due to the character deletion. :cool:

I feel fairly sure that I just got the legacy stuff from one random old server's legacy bank and the other ones are currently missing. This is a bit sad for me as my legacy armour is unavailable and really sad that my XP armour is missing. I will hopefully get my XP armour back when the double XP event ends.

yay!

Hey folks,

-eric

Hey Eric,

I have serious doubts that this is the case.

I would agree to your statement that the stuff or the overflow cargo and its "red flashing button" is just not visible but in this case the Legacy cargo I have left now on Tulak Hord actually wouldn't be an exact copy of the one from Jar'kai Sword, content wise including the very few empty slots, totally 6 tabs.

If ANYTHING from my Legacy cargo from my Legacy on T3M4 would have reached Tulak Hord at least the empty slots or additions to stackable items would have filled/added up by stuff from T3M4 in the current perfectly working legacy cargo (but again, its just an 1:1 copy of my legacy cargo on Jar'kai Swordt) - then it would be possible that the "flashing red button" or the overflow cargo or the items in it wouldn't be visible. No addons to my empty slots in the existing cargo, no "red flashing button", no overflow cargo, nothing at all. This here looks exactly like NOTHING from this also 6 tabs big Legacy cargo from T3M4 ever reached the new server. visible or invisible.

Again, I have ONLY the exact copy and contents of my Jar'kai Sword Legacy cargo (I checked thouroghly since I took screenshots right before the server downtime on Wednesday since empirically I knew you guys would somehow screw this up but I still wanted to trust you one bit and one time that you can do this right for once, and ditched my initial plans to empty the legacy cargo on T3M4 to character individual cargo or the inventory of a char. Oh, was I wrong, sadly. Ironically I've suggested to do this to all my guild but didn't do it myself lol, again, because I thought you can do one thing 100 % right for once and I wanted to give Bioware some trust, deserved or undeserved. :-)

It's a total mess. First thing is things I needed especially during this double cxp/etc. week are in this missing cargo and in addition trade goods for like 2+ BILLION credits. I have also screenshots of all those Legacy tabs as well btw., taken minutes before the downtime on Wednesday. If you are able to fix this it would have been a wise decision to do a hotfix on Thursday imho...

I seriously hope I'm wrong but logically thought through your statement is very likely wrong. Also it seems the bug or missing items show in several different ways when I read this and other threads about the issue. Some are only missing half their tabs, others have a red button and an overlow cargo but empty and whatnot else, but many players like me have nothing like that and all legcay cargos from all servers are completely gone, except for one from one random source server.

It's very annoying becasue I needed a lot of this stuff this double cxp week as mentioned above. I hope you can fix this, even if it is already too late and damage is already done.

kind regards nevertheless

Frank/Nal'augh

Edit: Well, it seems at least the mats from the missing Legacy cargo are indeed visible/usable from the crew skill window, and are adding up to the total amount together with the visible/working Legacy Cargo. It is speculation but likely that the other not visible items might be there as well.

Edited by Khaleg

Hello!

I have similar issue. On the servers where I left place in legacy cargo holds like for example the items fill up 1-2 cargo hold pages. For example the items from another server filled first 20 items on 1 cargo hold screen and 20 items on 2 cargo hold screen. Instead of just filling 40 spot on 1 cargo hold screen (weird). On Star Forge server where I did not leave any single legacy cargo screen empty while it was Ebon Hawk (there were slots left but all legacy cargo pages had some items)-> I never received my items after merge (from shadowlands and jedi covenant). I am very sad now :(

Items that were on characters was transfered with them normally. I hit my face now I just didnt leave them on characters :(

Edited by yonaswinter

For what it's worth:

I still have my (main) legacy cargo from The Progenitor.

I am missing the legacy cargo from The Red Eclipse.

I am missing the legacy cargo from Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

There is nothing important in the two missing cargos, however, since my new legacy cargo looks 100% like before on The Progenitor, it's obvious that the cargos haven't been merged.