Imaginary raid leaders

anwg

Certain classes are better at node guarding or going to off node. I'm not going to the damn off node at the start when I'm on my healer, but I will tell others to go there.

And specifically calling out people to go to a node doesn't usually work. Because 99% of the time, the two people you pick will not listen, and worst case they will say things like "**** don't tell me what to do". That is why it is better to simply just say "2 go left".

9/10 times I get left to solo at the node on my lighting sorc, The bubble and lighting storm keeps people from stealthing me if they are bads, but if someone (or more than one someone comes at me) best I can do and hold them off for a few seconds.

*sigh*

I think I understand more and more why I am jaded with PvP. PUGs complain about going against premades, yet there is always a reason to just not go do what is needed either because they do not think they are the best suited, not do they think anyone should tell them what to do. Just can't grasp that maybe there is no one "best suited" for a certain job in a PUG to begin with. Much easier to point fingers and call names than to just make the best of it.,

*sigh*

I think I understand more and more why I am jaded with PvP. PUGs complain about going against premades, yet there is always a reason to just not go do what is needed either because they do not think they are the best suited, not do they think anyone should tell them what to do. Just can't grasp that maybe there is no one "best suited" for a certain job in a PUG to begin with. Much easier to point fingers and call names than to just make the best of it.,

PUG's are fun just don't take it too serious if you do than you are only going to be upset. If you are trying to farm coms or gear, better to get in a guild run, and use vent.

my favorite communication incident happened the other day.

was in a civil war, capped mid and east right off the bat. mid gets rushed, fight it off. i zoom out my camera and see people going for east. i call inc (since they guy guarding didnt :confused:) and run over. fight them off at east, then BAM mid lost. i ask what happened in chat, and i get the greatest response ever:

"well why didnt YOU stay to guard it??!"

oy gevalt. pugs make me want to set ant hills on fire

Edited by cashogy

People hate guarding, its more fun to play the hero and chase the glorious kills.

But that said if you do not understand what they meant, or dont care. Learn or play in pre mades.

If in a group, ill Call 2 to whatever is closest to us, rest hit Mid first.

It seems no matter what you do in WZ you are damned

The Following things are now ruining Warzones

...Pugs

...Pre Mades

...People

...Lack of communication

...Communication

...All classes

...AFkers

was in a civil war, capped mid and east right off the bat. mid gets rushed, fight it off. i zoom out my camera and see people going for east. i call inc (since they guy guarding didnt :confused:) and run over. fight them off at east, then BAM mid lost. i ask what happened in chat, and i get the greatest response ever:

Best conversation in Ops I have had yet is:

Op leader" Why did you not stop the 3 from capping the node?"

Me" I called 3 inc, and all 3 were smashmonkeys, why did no one come?"

Op leader" because you should of been able to take 3 v 1"

Best conversation in Ops I have had yet is:

Op leader" Why did you not stop the 3 from capping the node?"

Me" I called 3 inc, and all 3 were smashmonkeys, why did no one come?"

Op leader" because you should of been able to take 3 v 1"

Just about as good as you call INC and everyone else staying where they are then complaining when you get roflstomped by there team, and they want to know why you lost the node. Even with Pre Typing and instantly entering as soon s you saw them head your way

Don't see anything wrong with what he asked. If you were one of the 2 at mid, but left it, that is on you.

On a sidenote, I have Stormborn as my legacy too. Makes me like you a little more lol.

Nothing aggravates me more than seeing 4 guys all trying to cap/plant, while no one is intercepting/CC. Makes me rage hard.

Edited by Smashbrother

And this is why pugs fail. Most of them know so little about the map tactics that they can't work out for themselves if they should head to somewhere or not when it is called. Opening your MAP immediately after respawn to see where has the fewest players whilst also keeping track of chat really isn't that hard.

Even with the most specific instructions I have seen people completely ignore it and kill nobodies away from nodes.

At least someone is trying to get some direction happening in your BG - be thanksful for small mercies.

Don't see anything wrong with what he asked. If you were one of the 2 at mid, but left it, that is on you.

On a sidenote, I have Stormborn as my legacy too. Makes me like you a little more lol.

Nothing aggravates me more than seeing 4 guys all trying to cap/plant, while no one is intercepting/CC. Makes me rage hard.

there was 7 people at mid tho, thats the thing :eek:

they all left when i called inc to east. yay for over-rotating

Edited by cashogy

People hate guarding, its more fun to play the hero and chase the glorious kills.

But that said if you do not understand what they meant, or dont care. Learn or play in pre mades.

If in a group, ill Call 2 to whatever is closest to us, rest hit Mid first.

It seems no matter what you do in WZ you are damned

The Following things are now ruining Warzones

...Pugs

...Pre Mades

...People

...Lack of communication

...Communication

...All classes

...AFkers

I don't mind the guard duty, it's not fun but I want to win (and someone always shows up sooner or later). I even did the guard duty on the new WZ when it gave no coms. But you are correct more times than not I am left alone and no one else wants to do it when I pug. The only time I see others come to switch me out is when we are sure to lose and they are trying to get guard points.

Just about as good as you call INC and everyone else staying where they are then complaining when you get roflstomped by there team, and they want to know why you lost the node. Even with Pre Typing and instantly entering as soon s you saw them head your way

I know, best part is I have this converstaion a lot in pug's and always on my lighting sorc, they seem to think I can AOE the group into the ground with two casts.

>.<

YES

Or they forget it takes 8 seconds to plant and 3 to remove but soon as planted everyone goes, "oh well"

@Rince

I started taking it on myself to call and guard, not because im best at it, just more because no one was. And over time admittedly I got a better understanding of the defending skill. Get a bit of rage if we are losing by the odd player who is asking why we are guarding when the other team has capped both areas, haha.

If someone else does it and guards well I send them a tell post match and say thanks.

I hate when you see someone guarding, so you move on, and then see them running past you later

I was thinking of a razor (I know off topic) but I have always done better with logictec. What the lcd screen for? can you put anything useful there (fps, ping, group hp)?

its not like this threads topic was interesting anyways ;)

i use the LCD screen to display system info: cpu temp/usage, mem usage, itunes song title, sound level, net activity, etc. there are a crapload of apps for it since the SDK is open source. you could even make your own if you really wanted to. ive used the ACT combat log app on occasion as well, kinda cool to see your DPS in real time.

my main app is this one: http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal/

logitech > razer all day er'ry day

Seems to me the problem with volunteer leaders is >80% of people are unqualified and those are the most likely to try to lead. I always assume the guy telling me what to do is an idiot, has no idea what class I am, what the other classes in the warzone are and/or that it even matters, has a very poor understanding of strategy and most especially... I probably don't like him anyway. Here's an example:

The other day the volunteer leader insisted that one is enough to defend a point and later in the warzone insisted that if the other team's point is defended by a single player any random person can be reasonably expected to solo him in enough time to cap before his friends come. If you can't hold a point alone you suck and if you can't take a point alone you also suck. How can both those things possibly be true? they can't. he's a moron and if you start telling me what to do before I have checked out the group and decided for myself, I expect you're a moron too and in addition to being a moron you're a presumptuous self-centered ******e that's going to lead this team to ruin.

There are a handful of people I will listen to, they very rarely bother and who can blame them, the warzones, much like the world, are full of morons.

Much better to tell everyone in the WZ what YOU are doing so that they can factor that into their own decisions. I respect people who give me information. I detest and suspect people who order me around.

Seems to me the problem with volunteer leaders is >80% of people are unqualified and those are the most likely to try to lead. I always assume the guy telling me what to do is an idiot, has no idea what class I am, what the other classes in the warzone are and/or that it even matters, has a very poor understanding of strategy and most especially... I probably don't like him anyway. Here's an example:

The other day the volunteer leader insisted that one is enough to defend a point and later in the warzone insisted that if the other team's point is defended by a single player any random person can be reasonably expected to solo him in enough time to cap before his friends come. If you can't hold a point alone you suck and if you can't take a point alone you also suck. How can both those things possibly be true? they can't. he's a moron and if you start telling me what to do before I have checked out the group and decided for myself, I expect you're a moron too and in addition to being a moron you're a presumptuous self-centered ******e that's going to lead this team to ruin.

There are a handful of people I will listen to, they very rarely bother and who can blame them, the warzones, much like the world, are full of morons.

Much better to tell everyone in the WZ what YOU are doing so that they can factor that into their own decisions. I respect people who give me information. I detest and suspect people who order me around.

nobody listens to me in wzs :(

>.<

YES

Or they forget it takes 8 seconds to plant and 3 to remove but soon as planted everyone goes, "oh well"

@Rince

I started taking it on myself to call and guard, not because im best at it, just more because no one was. And over time admittedly I got a better understanding of the defending skill. Get a bit of rage if we are losing by the odd player who is asking why we are guarding when the other team has capped both areas, haha.

If someone else does it and guards well I send them a tell post match and say thanks.

I hate when you see someone guarding, so you move on, and then see them running past you later

I always ask if they are staying before I leave and even than that does not always work. I will still see them leave, but if the match is to that point it just means a 3 cap will end it faster. I see no point to get upset about it anymore, it's just the way pug's are, same as playing even a FPS on xbox. If you don't want to deal with these problems than form a group and get in vent, but it gets boring just rolling everyone.