For LS Sith Warrior, Why does Vette stay with you?

jedi-katarn

When you free her you flat out tell Vette you'd like her to think of you as her "partner." Considering that most aliens are slaves in the Empire that's a good deal. She's under your protection. "My friend the Sith. No one is going to pick on me at school."

My DS warrior took off her collar, mostly because her being DS doesn't neccessarily equate to being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem. Then she told Vette, quite seriously, that removing the collar didn't mean she was free. So Vette stuck with her, mostly because she had nowhere to go without being dragged back and re-collared, there on the friggin' Imperial Fleet and then Dromund Kaas.

But ultimately Vette became pretty decent friends with my warrior, even admired her. Read above, about the not being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem bit. Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.

My DS warrior took off her collar, mostly because her being DS doesn't neccessarily equate to being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem. Then she told Vette, quite seriously, that removing the collar didn't mean she was free. So Vette stuck with her, mostly because she had nowhere to go without being dragged back and re-collared, there on the friggin' Imperial Fleet and then Dromund Kaas.

But ultimately Vette became pretty decent friends with my warrior, even admired her. Read above, about the not being bat-crap crazy into torture and mayhem bit. Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.

You really like saying bat-crap, don't you.

You really like saying bat-crap, don't you.

Never said it before this one post, actually. And then I said it twice, yes. Not sure that saying it twice would neccessarily equal a true liking, mind you.

Especially since that wasn't even the actual word in my head when I was posting. :cool:

Being dark side doesn't mean you're absolutely nasty cruel and terrible mean, even. You just kill the people who need to be killed, after all.

Not sure I agree, Dark siders might temper their sadism with pragmatism, but under it all they want to rip to shreds whatever offends them. They just understand that if they destroy everything, they'll have no allies, no resources, and not much chance of achieving their aims.

Also not sure they would leave a Light side Sith alone, the majority are Dark siders who view the Light side as either weakness or treason, which makes a Light side Sith story dubious.

Not sure I agree, Dark siders might temper their sadism with pragmatism, but under it all they want to rip to shreds whatever offends them. They just understand that if they destroy everything, they'll have no allies, no resources, and not much chance of achieving their aims.

Also not sure they would leave a Light side Sith alone, the majority are Dark siders who view the Light side as either weakness or treason, which makes a Light side Sith story dubious.

Yup i agree completely the only reason why my DS sith warrior took off vette collar is that she would be more useful as a servant than a slave and the fact that she trolls quinn which my sith warrior finds humorous.

When I took it off I told her plain as day that she is to remain with me and help me achieve my goals and not to give me a reason to slap the collar back on.

Edited by lokdron

My DS warrior doesn't view the destruction of the weak as a cruelty, nor is she overtly mean as she goes about destroying them. She sees no reason or purpose for that, anyway. To her, she's merely doing what needs to be done, like taking out the trash, perhaps.

Would I call her a nice lady I'd like to hang out with, ever? Heck no. But to say that to be DS she must be a twisted, nasty, obscenely cruel and insanely mean psychopathic witch would, likewise, be untrue. Define your character as you choose, mind you. But my characters act according to their own moral codes, their definitions of what constitutes right and wrong, though. I try to approach every situation in the game more like that, than to follow some strict definition of "being bad means I pick the red button".

She doesn't actually hate the empire, she just hates evil. She has no immediate escape, her situation is vastly improved, and if you're LS, she comes to have respect for you very quickly. And LS choices indicate a certain disagreement of your own with both evil decisions and slavery. My LS warrior only lost points for being more polite than she thought was called for. Vette likes attitude, lol

. Define your character as you choose, mind you. But my characters act according to their own moral codes, their definitions of what constitutes right and wrong, though. I try to approach every situation in the game more like that, than to follow some strict definition of "being bad means I pick the red button".

That's fine as a starting point, but the Dark Side twists your perceptions, what was a reasonable but opposing viewpoint becomes unreasonable the further you go into the Dark Side. Look at Anakin in the Revenge of the Sith, his views are skewed, and as the film progresses they become more so, until any disagreement is answered with anger and perplection.

That is why the Jedi suppress emotion, any strong emotion can lead to a moment of anger, which lead to more moments of anger, and then your corruption.

That's fine as a starting point, but the Dark Side twists your perceptions, what was a reasonable but opposing viewpoint becomes unreasonable the further you go into the Dark Side. Look at Anakin in the Revenge of the Sith, his views are skewed, and as the film progresses they become more so, until any disagreement is answered with anger and perplection.

That is why the Jedi suppress emotion, any strong emotion can lead to a moment of anger, which lead to more moments of anger, and then your corruption.

You're still assuming you can appreciate how a DS character defines right and wrong. My warrior has very real and fundamental ideas what constitutes right and wrong, and it's far removed from anything of the Jedi. She utterly sneers at their perception of correction and propriety, anyway. To her, they're not only wrong, they're the real bad guys. So that the notion one should alter the Empire to suit LS ideals is, to her, morally repugnant.

I just don't eschew the idea darkside is its own moral fabric. That that morality is fundamentally opposite to lightside morality doesn't, imo, change that really.

I was going to disagree with this in part until I had a little more coffee and things started to work better. I was going to make the point that not all sith fuel themselves with rage, that

we meet a sith who fuels himself with a passion for honor and another who uses the passions of others more than his own

in the knight story.

Both either have been or remain

immersed in the dark side and are entirely reasonable when compared to Darth Vader.

There are a couple of points to consider about that, though. One, we don't know how darkside

they actually are. Both are masters of the DS, but are unusual in their own ways. They may not be the equivalent of DS4 or 5. The other is that both are pureblood sith. It may also be that wielding DS forces doesn't corrupt purebloods in the same way that it does other races.

Lastly, it may be that

Kel'eth Ur

is correct.

There is no Light side or Dark side, there is only the force. Perhaps the corruption doesn't come from the force itself or how one chanels it, but from something else.