Knockbacks...

tjstix

That, combined with the negligible amount of resolve each knockback adds... makes playing a marauder a $60 + $15/month game of pinball, from time to time...

it's not always so bad but i just don't have the mobility to compensate for the amount of knockbacks everyone else has(and i don't have...).

Should be two knockbacks an you're immune. 1 Knockback should fill 60% of your resolve bar, not 30%.

Also, charge should give knockback immunity while you're mid-air and for 1 sec after impact. I hate getting pushed away as i'm flying towards my target, before i even connect, thanks to a sorc who's trying to get other people off him when i wasn't even there yet.

Knockbacks aren't that much of a problem if you can expect them. If you're on a catwalk fighting someone, don't put your back towards the edge. Keep the fight parallel to the edges and you're very unlikely to get knocked off.

If that doesn't work, just eat the knockback, line-of-sight them until charge comes back up, and demolish them all over again.

Knockbacks are only mildly annoying to me; I just walk around again. If they are REALLY annoying you that much you can always spec rage and run around with permanent predation on, that way you really won't mind getting knocked back since you can close that distance so quickly.

It's really just the fact that so many classes have knockbacks, and when some of them have rooting knockbacks or slowing knockbacks, it gets aggravating quick.

And I've noticed that no matter what angle you stand around someone on huttball, they can still magically knock you back into the fire. Just frustrating.

knockbacks are annoying sure but what i hate the most is the root at the end of a KB.

Unless FC is up i'm just standing there like a derp, target for anyone to shot at. :mad:

This is the reason i never open with force charge, i save it for the KB.

Knockbacks aren't that much of a problem if you can expect them. If you're on a catwalk fighting someone, don't put your back towards the edge.

you see this is what i like about some ppl that play mara. I mean you can't be serious right? Maybe positioning yourself will help when fighting a total noob, but things change when you fight someone that knows to play.

You do not put your back towards edge, right, BUT your oponent also isn't blind, so he also position himself to knock you back in fire, acid, downstairs etc etc. So good opponent will just use his ability when he will be in right position.

Add here stuns that they use in right moment, and you get worst pvp system that ever existed.

Surely, knocking back is not as powerful as pommel strike, which clearly supposed to be removed from pvp, because is doing too much damage.

On a side note my sub expires soonish so oh well, just to remind myself how much i hate BW.

Edited by krimpatulbb

Surely, knocking back is not as powerful as pommel strike, which clearly supposed to be removed from pvp, because is doing too much damage.

On a side note my sub expires soonish so oh well, just to remind myself how much i hate BW.

Wait...I'm confused. So pommel strike can be used in pvp? I took it off my bar months ago cause, quite frankly, what good is it if I'm pvping all the time.

Edit: Nvm, read it wrong.

Edited by tjstix

lol , how ? as a melee char that has to get in someones face ,.

knockbacks / cc are too rampant in this game in my opinion.

but ehhhhhh everyclass suffers ,

Positioning and awareness, you will get hit by them but you need to learn to position properly to not get knocked off of things or to put your back to an object to cut the distance you fly down.

Popping pred to get back to your target quickly helps when you can't avoid being knocked back the full distance.

CC isn't as much of an issue as resolve being a half *** system.