Anyone else annoyed by crowded planets?

Cathest

I kinda enjoyed the low pop experience but gosh now there's like 3 zones on the lower level planets and totally fr00bed up. Just made a new shadow and really hate this "competing for clickies" experience. Would be cool if subbers could get a separate zone.

I'm also confused as to how so many lvl 6 Jedi have 2 geared 50s and "just spent 330k on a cyan cuz bored" yet they just hang around the temple and chat all day :/

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...Okay. Okay.... okay. Let me break down why you man-children will never be pleased with anything in an MMO ever.

At launch there's queues and full servers. Constant whining.

Few months later, there's a lot less people. The whining for merges begins.

Another few months pass. Total whinefest about low population.

F2P launches. People now whine about full planets; not even server queues, but just having full planets is enough to whine about.

The circle is now complete.

I like it when there's lots of people online while I level my alts. Makes it easier to find groups for heroics. And honestly, it was hard to find heroic groups for a long time. I remember leveling a character and not being able to get a group for four planets in a row.

Even if a random noob jumps in front of me and gets my quest goal, I don't really mind that much. I'd never do it to anyone else, but I can wait a minute for the mob/thing to respawn.

Edited by Radzkie

Is this thread actually serious?

Master Dar'Nala from Oceanic region doesn't even have that many people on the entire server nearly, let alone one *********** instance of a planet. This thread should not even exist :/ *** is wrong with you lol

Gotta say, it's no laughing matter for you poor souls out there. I don't know why they don't just consolidate servers for you.

Overpopulation is an equally frustrating situation though. I've been on both sides in my journey here. On Jedi Covenant, I don't even consider trying to level alts or running dailies during prime time, or during weekends in general. But I remember being on Kathol Rift for several months with 60 other people (at peak) and almost never being able to PvP or raid. It sucked horrible.

Is this thread actually serious?

Master Dar'Nala from Oceanic region doesn't even have that many people on the entire server nearly, let alone one *********** instance of a planet. This thread should not even exist :/ *** is wrong with you lol

Took the words out of my mouth.

If people have such a big problem with there being too many people on planets and daily areas I would suggest they re-roll on Master Dar'Nala where they can do their missions peacefully and not worry about having to wait for mobs to respawn, because no one has attacked them in about a week. Come to Master Dar'Nala and worry no more about there being too many people on a planet, instead on our luxury server bioware has made sure that you will have an entire planet to yourself the overwhelming majority of the time. Say good bye to those annoying heroic missions and having to go to all the effort of saying 'LFG' in general chat as there is no one there to group with anyway. And if the PVP label on the server scares you, don't worry. You have greater odds of successfully navigating and asteroid field than running into a player from the opposing faction while levelling from 1-50, even if you decide to wander into the opposing factions base and/or starport.

I will warn you, sometimes there can be as many as 5 people on a planet. But luckily this bug is usually confined to 1 or 2 planets. So you can take your pick from the rest.

So there is the hard sell to those who want to play an MMO without the MASSIVE or MULTIPLAYER experiences.

Wow...Okay. Okay.... okay. Let me break down why you man-children will never be pleased with anything in an MMO ever.

At launch there's queues and full servers. Constant whining.

Few months later, there's a lot less people. The whining for merges begins.

Another few months pass. Total whinefest about low population.

F2P launches. People now whine about full planets; not even server queues, but just having full planets is enough to whine about.

The circle is now complete.

Welcome to the world of MMO's, and this is exactly why EA/BioWare will never be able to do anything good in the eyes of the community. No matter which path they go down, there'll always be that vocal minority who has to complain about it.

Nope. If there are singles showing up for the same quest boss, we just group up. This game is an MMO, which means plenty of opportunities to "play well with others." If a player wants to solo, cool ... they can simply change instances. But crowded planets being a problem? Nope. There's always Xbox if single player campaign mode is the preference. Edited by GalacticKegger

They just need to make those clickables react to each player touching them without care are there 3 more players doing it.

But this cannot solve same issues with quest mobs in open world... this is MMO general issue - to balance respawn times with number of players grinding same mobs.

Before the mergers I was on barren planets all of the time and I definitely prefer crowded planets. I group through areas and the social aspects make the game much more enjoyable. Spawn fights occur from time to time and ninjas are a plenty. But generally, it doesn't bother me too much. Usually I just move on to the next spawn as there are plenty on most quests.