Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any possibility of all crew mission skills awarding dark side or light side points? With your goal of including neutral gear relatively soon, the only way a player can control his or her character's LS/DS points is either by choosing dark side or light side options they don't want to, or by being forced to go into Diplomacy whether they want to or not.

Do you plan to change the friend system to allow for multiple characters?

IE when i add a friend i want to friend the human playing not the toon they are on at the moment, and id like them to still be on my list when i switch toons etc, right now i find the friend list does not tell me when my friends are on cause i have multiple caracters and so do they.

As someone who is here primarily because of the storyline questing, is there anything you'd like to share for your vision of that going forward? I'm not so much interested in hearing about "more of the same" (more acts, side quests, heroics, flashpoints--though I'd welcome more of the former than the latter), but rather if and how you might take this aspect and expand on the concept and the technology (e.g., more ability to diverge from a single outcome, more immersiveness, perhaps even "factional affection" like doing something that while may give you LS points and points with the Jedi council, would hurt your reputation with the Republic, etc.)?

Do you any plans to expand / populate the outlaws den open pvp area in tatooine?

This zone was something that really caught my attention in the lead up to the game. But unfortunately there is not really an incentive for players to go to the area at all.

Most players do not even know it exists, and since it does not offer rewards in the ways of valor, or loot via quests as Ilum does many do not see the point in going out there.

So even on a high population pvp server the area is a complete ghost town, aside from the random low levels that wonder through, or the bots that stand next to the security chests to ninja the mercenary commendations.

It's really a shame, since you all did a nice job designing the layout of the area.

Sincerely, Karast

Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace were flooded with issues that frustrated countless raiders.

Do you plan on doing anything differently for the next tier of content to make sure the encounters are as close to "bug free" as you can get it?

Are there any plans right now to address the lack of healing medals in warzones?

As a fully specced healer, it is rather difficult to accumulate as many medals as a DPS spec. The state of pvp as it is now seems to simply encourage dropping team objectives and just killing each other. As easy as it is to tab/dot, there should still be SOME differentiation in scaling of healing as opposed to DPS. It's much, much easier to DPS 300k than it is to heal for the same amount.

Are BioWare engineers working with HeroEngine (or whoever else is more directly responsbiel for the underlying graphics rendering engine) to address issues found with the DiskCacheArena (DiskCacheStatic/DiskCacheStream) and its behavior?

Even if no fix is yet available, knowing it is being looked at would be a huge plus.

Threads for reference:

* Ramdrive howto - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=154568

* Poor FPS from some users - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=249030

Thanks

Have you considered doing any multiplayer spacemissions cos that would be cool. Taking friends with to enjoy space action at it's fines. Maybe one Operation's intro or first boss or something could be like this...

And thanks for this awesome game, keep up the good work!