Happy Holidays from BioWare Austin!

StephenReid

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the community never sleeps (which means the Community Team rarely sleeps!) today is the last day in the office before Christmas, so we thought it was a good time to say 'Happy Holidays' to all.

Thank you for enjoying Star Wars: The Old Republic and for being with us on this wild ride so far! We've got loads more to share with you in 2012, but for now enjoy the holidays... whether you spend them at home with family or in a galaxy far, far away. :)

I wish you a happy holiday as well.

I myself won't have one, as I'm one of the many people experiencing the hardcrashing bug in this game that has not been addressed at all by any non-bot poster, that is causing some sort of corruption in my system and has started crashing other games in the exact same manner on my brand new, top of the line computer. No, it won't be too happy for me.

But I hope you have a good one.

I wish you a happy holiday as well.

I myself won't have one, as I'm one of the many people experiencing the hardcrashing bug in this game that has not been addressed at all by any non-bot poster, that is causing some sort of corruption in my system and has started crashing other games in the exact same manner on my brand new, top of the line computer. No, it won't be too happy for me.

But I hope you have a good one.

someone sounds bitter. Anyways have a good holiday everyone and thanks for all the hard work from bioware

Happy Holidays everyone! We look forward to spending many more special occasions with the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community and thank you for taking a little bit of this incredible season to enjoy the game!

Edited by Averran

Happy Holidays everyone! Try to at least spend *some* time with your families in between your marathon SWTOR sessions ;)

Oh, and of course, Happy Life Day. :w_cool:

Glad you guys find time to post happy holidays messages, yet can't find the time to drop into a thread thats now over 1000 replies long about black screening issues that have cropped up through recent patches?

Priorities, quite a few people won't be enjoying there "early Xmas present" if they can't play because of a gamebreaking issue that needs hotfixing.

Glad you guys find time to post happy holidays messages, yet can't find the time to drop into a thread thats now over 1000 replies long about black screening issues that have cropped up through recent patches?

Priorities, quite a few people won't be enjoying there "early Xmas present" if they can't play because of a gamebreaking issue that needs hotfixing.

well said....

have already alerted friends at PC Gamer magazine and they are monitoring what if anything is being done......

I'm also glad they have time to post a simple season's greetings. :) I also hope we all get the gift of undersranding and patience when it comes to technical problems since they usually require investigation.

Happy holidays all!

I'm also glad they have time to post a simple season's greetings. :) I also hope we all get the gift of undersranding and patience when it comes to technical problems since they usually require investigation.

Happy holidays all!

Considering most of us that are now experiencing the blackscreen crash (which is actually making the game impossible to play) didn't have the issue before the small hotfix patch this morning....I think we have a right to be annoyed.

The blackscreen issue was around in beta as well but it affected a minority of systems, the patch they released this morning has now made it worse and it's now affecting quite a few systems.

Wouldn't it have just been good sense to revert the last hotfix until the issue can be investigated fully as it isn't much fun when quite a few of us cannot even play since this morning because of a badly QA'ed patch.

Again, I'm glad you haven't ran into any issues like this yet, obviously one of the lucky ones but when they are outright ignoring a thread that is having new people post in it quite frequently having tried everything from Biowares FAQ to try and fix the issue to no avail are being ignored....then you realise that there are other things more important to address other than "Happy Holidays".

Thank you all for being a part of this awesome community, and for joining us on this crazy, exciting ride!

Wishing you and your loved ones Happy Holidays, Happy Life Day, and a Merry Sithmas!

Edit: Statement retracted, not 5 seconds after I posted this, we got a CSR response of the issue being investaged, thanks whoever it was that nudged this along, it is very much appreciated!

Edited by Zarthorn

Merry Christmas to all of you at Bioware!! This year christmas for me revolved around this game.. It is awsome!! Both my wife and I are having a blast!! I can't thank you all enough for the sacrafices and effort you all have put into this game.. Not to mention the sleepless nights to get it released on schedule..

My family wishes all of your families a safe and wonderful christmas!!

May the force be with you!! :D