Bioware: Thank you for fixing Ashara Zavros

Starglitter

What's funny about this is that people are making hopeful claims that this heralds the introduction of Togruta as the next playable species. But they gave skin textures to all the non-Human companions I've checked: Jorgen, Gault and even Skadge.

They certainly may very well be planning to make Togruta the next playable race, but this change dos nothing to encourage that belief.

What's funny about this is that people are making hopeful claims that this heralds the introduction of Togruta as the next playable species. But they gave skin textures to all the non-Human companions I've checked: Jorgen, Gault and even Skadge.

They certainly may very well be planning to make Togruta the next playable race, but this change dos nothing to encourage that belief.

Well, Jorgen is a Cathar, and that race is playable now. I know this isn't proof of anything, but still...it get's ones hopes up.

Don't have a before, but I just took an after:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Plynkes/SWTOR/Ashara_zps37e82edc.jpg

Should be able to find some before shots with Google. If memory serves you either got invisible skin or weird grey/black skin with a strange geometric pattern on it.

It matches her customization too. Without that red customization her skin will revert to yellow.

Qyzen now has skin as well, does that mean we're getting Trandoshans?! :cool:

Yeah, that is cool. I was a bit worried she'd be yellow from the neck down. Sort of thing they tend to miss.

Qyzen now has skin as well, does that mean we're getting Trandoshans?! :cool:

More importantly, are we going to get a bikini Qyzen can wear?

Edited by PLynkes

Well, Jorgen is a Cathar, and that race is playable now. I know this isn't proof of anything, but still...it get's ones hopes up.

Jorgen was not changed with the release of Cathar. He was not changed until now.

Are you getting your hopes up that the next playable race will be Skadge's (whatever that is)?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Jorgen was not changed with the release of Cathar. He was not changed until now.

Are you getting your hopes up that the next playable race will be Skadge's (whatever that is)?

No, I don't care to play a Houk. I was just pointing out that the person was talking about companions that had skin and were not playable, and included Jorgen in that list, even though Jorgen's race, Cathar, is now playable. Getting the hopes up was more for new races incoming....so long as they don't pull the Cathar crap and make it so you have to buy it on CM...subs should get it for free.

No, I don't care to play a Houk. I was just pointing out that the person was talking about companions that had skin and were not playable, and included Jorgen in that list, even though Jorgen's race, Cathar, is now playable. Getting the hopes up was more for new races incoming....so long as they don't pull the Cathar crap and make it so you have to buy it on CM...subs should get it for free.

Well that last bit is total pie-in-the-sky. We all know that if there is another playable race, it will be a CM item.

Well that last bit is total pie-in-the-sky. We all know that if there is another playable race, it will be a CM item.

I know....still think they should go with what they said when they released the F2P model...that subs would get all future playable content for free, including races.

As of right now I really have nothing else to play, so SWTOR get my money...but I'm not sure how long that will last. I've been a sub since release and swore I wouldn't unsub until the game went down. But at the time I didn't take into account all the things they could do to push their players away.

I know....still think they should go with what they said when they released the F2P model...that subs would get all future playable content for free, including races.

Races aren't playable content. They're a cosmetic customization option, just as much as piece of adaptive gear is. And Bioware was pretty clear with their initial promise that the Cartel Market would be only cosmetic fluff.

The more recent quote everyone talks about did not state that. It stated "All content and future updates," not "Future content and future updates."

• Dev Post

Hello folks,

We've been pretty quiet about this since Game Update 2.2.2 went live, and the reason is because I was tracking down exactly what we did and why the change for Ashara got missed!

Essentially, we got the note about Jorgan's fur, but the full extent of the change/fix was not properly captured. However, the Patch Notes have been updated now to correctly reflect that he, Ashara, and over a dozen other companions will now appear properly. The note is:

• The following Companion Characters will now have their skin/fur appear consistent when not wearing armor:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

This update has been in the works for quite some time, and it was prompted by player feedback. At the time, it was mostly about Ashara, so it's not shocking that you guys noticed the change with her. (Why aren't you putting Vik into the skimpy stuff, eh?!)

Thanks very much for the original feedback and for pointing out the error in the patch notes!

Hello folks,

We've been pretty quiet about this since Game Update 2.2.2 went live, and the reason is because I was tracking down exactly what we did and why the change for Ashara got missed!

Essentially, we got the note about Jorgan's fur, but the full extent of the change/fix was not properly captured. However, the Patch Notes have been updated now to correctly reflect that he, Ashara, and over a dozen other companions will now appear properly. The note is:

• The following Companion Characters will now have their skin/fur appear consistent when not wearing armor:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

This update has been in the works for quite some time, and it was prompted by player feedback. At the time, it was mostly about Ashara, so it's not shocking that you guys noticed the change with her. (Why aren't you putting Vik into the skimpy stuff, eh?!)

Thanks very much for the original feedback and for pointing out the error in the patch notes!

I tried to make Guss wear the dancers outfit, but he refused.

However, the Patch Notes have been updated now to correctly reflect that he, Ashara, and over a dozen other companions will now appear properly. The note is:
    • Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

Hi Amber,

What about Vector? It's puzzled me for a while that as a human(ish) companion, he has/had no skin. :x Is there hope for my BFF's wish for Vector in a Relaxed Jumpsuit?

• Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

Wait.

Hold up.

Stop right there.

• Yuun

Oh god it's true.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE WROUGHT?!

Hello folks,

• Akaavi Spar
    • Aric Jorgan
    • Ashara Zavros
    • Gault
    • Guss Tuno
    • Kaliyo
    • Lord Scourge
    • Sergeant Rusk
    • Skadge
    • Tanno Vik
    • Vette
    • Xalek
    • Yuun
    • Zenith

What about Vector? He's human and doesn't have skin.