DEVs please address this issue on orange gear

RainenFyre

I would like to know why there is no response from the dev team, regarding the orange gear below lvl 15 not allowed to have dye modules? I know you are having an issue with crystal duping and it is a big deal right now, but this issue is a big deal to me. I am a subscriber and have been since shortly after launch. I have spent plenty of money on cartel coins. You finally come out with a patch that really excited me, customization and armor coloring. However, you basically excluded me from this part of the content update. My main character wears the Security key vendors Dancer Top(which cost extra for the security key). It is an orange that has a base level of 14, just 1 below the level 15 requirement for gear being allowed a dye module. Honestly I think the level requirement is a joke since I personally would not spend cartel coins or credits to purchase a dye kit and install it in a piece of armor I would out level in a day or two. Unlike green and blue gear, the orange gear adapts to the level of mods and armoring that is attached to it, therefore rendering the level requirement of gear useless for oranges.

My only guess is that, Bioware is concerned, since a lot of their cartel gear is just recolor variations of the lower level gear, people will just acquire the in game gear without spending cartel coins and get the look they desire.

I would like to hear the reasons that Bioware has for limiting low level orange gear on dye modules. There is no good reason to restrict dye modules on any level of orange gear, unless it is for monetary gain. Please tell me my theory is wrong and that you plan to fix it in the upcoming updates.

I like to take the opportunity, when this type of issue presents itself, to give my opinion on what I think should be done with the current system.

1) Convert all gear sold on the Cartel Market to level 1 empty adaptive gear. Remove all mods from the armor and reduce the cost appropriately.

2) Take the mods removed and place them in mod packs that can be purchased directly on the market. Make sure the cost for the mods combined with the original armor is actually HIGHER than it was originally. I would suggest the following...

Single piece chest or helmet - 100 to 300 coins depending on demand

Full armor set - 400 to 600 coins depending on demand

Single set of mods - 3 mods - 300 coins - level 15, 30 and 45 sets

Full set of mods - 16 mods - 1280 coins - level 15, 30 and 45 sets

3) Allow all green and higher quality drop and reward armor in the game to be converted to schematics. Appropriate armor professions would be allowed to reverse engineer specific types of armor this way. Armor would begin at green quality, then could be further reverse-engineered for a schematic chance at blue, purple, and finally orange, with the orange gear empty adaptable level 1 gear.

4) Allow artifice to craft an item that will add a dye slot to current orange armor in the game except for lore sets. The slot for the socket would be displayed but it would require it to be installed to accept the dye. Any player would be able to use a bench and install the socket.

The socket itself would have a very small but special boost that it would apply to the character when the armor is equipped. Say .5 percent of total health recovered every 3 seconds, or the same with energy pool/heat reduction, or perhaps a health or energy pool boost.

5) Allow all crafted color crystals to also take a crafted dye slot, allowing a change to either the primary or secondary color or both.

The socket would have the same kind of bonus as listed for armor above.

6) Convert all companion specific gear to orange adaptive gear but leave the companion lock in place. This would allows players to keep the iconic look of each companion intact.

This would make crafting professions more viable, add many more armor options to the game, and truly allow a unique look.

Edited by LordArtemis

it is rather unfortunate that you cannot get the look you want. Im sure given time, since EA realizes they can now make money off you, they will make the armor you request.

Lord Artremis, some of your ideas are viable.."Mod packs" are not something i want Bioware to get into selling in any way shap form or fashion. Includeing unusual effects on mods sounds intresting but unlikely aside from set bonus'sn.

Edited by Spatology

I generally like all your ideas here. One thing though, with #3:

3) Allow all green and higher quality drop and reward armor in the game to be converted to schematics for empty orange adaptive armor. Appropriate armor professions would be allowed to reverse engineer specific types of armor this way.

I want that to also include green and higher quality crafted armors too. Not just drop and reward. Let crafters RE their items all the way to Orange. (Could just add Orange as a new step after Purple.) Maybe not make it all adaptive -- I expect it'd retain it's original 'weight' -- but definitely extend RE up to Orange, IMO.

I want that to also include green and higher quality crafted armors too. Not just drop and reward. Let crafters RE their items all the way to Orange. (Could just add Orange as a new step after Purple.) Maybe not make it all adaptive -- I expect it'd retain it's original 'weight' -- but definitely extend RE up to Orange, IMO.

Thats a better idea, I think I will adjust my suggestion if you don't mind with this info.

LordArtemis

Thank you for you posts, but please stay on topic. You have just overshadowed my original post.

This post is to try and get an explanation, why Orange gear below a certain level was left off of the dye module list. With orange gear you can easily change the level of the gear by changing just one mod inside it. But for some reason Bioware decided to make a minimum level requirement on orange gear, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY! It does not make any sense to me or anyone else I have spoke with.

LordArtemis

Thank you for you posts, but please stay on topic. You have just overshadowed my original post.

This post is to try and get an explanation, why Orange gear below a certain level was left off of the dye module list. With orange gear you can easily change the level of the gear by changing just one mod inside it. But for some reason Bioware decided to make a minimum level requirement on orange gear, AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY! It does not make any sense to me or anyone else I have spoke with.

I'm the same way...but whether i get an explanation or not i'm almost certain i'll still be saying the same thing "it still doesnt make sense". When i see the chest reward for doing the quest chain on DK/Coruscant and i find a level 35 chestpiece on the GTN that shares the exact same model (but is dyeable) then that tells me everything i need to know.

• 6 months later...

I posted on another thread an agreement with this. Though I'd say include whites to RE. And if they balk at getting what you RE (meaning if you RE a blue you get a blue schematic or if RE an orange then you get an orange)...then fine, let all RE from dropped gear (not what you make) result in a green schematic. Then you level up like normal ... green -> blue -> purple -> and then add orange (to all).

I'd also agree on no mod packs. I'd also like to see a separation of color from stats on the color crystals.

.... don't necro threads, anything older then a week should be left alone unless its a pressing thing, not adding to fluff to a thread where the issue was already solved.

You like an idea in the thread, fine quote it and make a new one with the quote about the idea for it... don't necro something from 6 months ago that's already been resolved.