KP Heavy fabricator droid / puzzle

We had a somewhat difficult time with it last nite so I went to research strategies... There's this in the sticky that says to keep him on the same puzzle on the right, and that

"You just can't fire the same laser until you move the big III piece to another slot. Then you can move that piece right back to that same laser and solve."

Then a guildie told me that he heard it no longer works.

Is there a confirmation that this did indeed get fixed?

Uhh, I don't believe there was ever a bug with the puzzle. It's a jacob's ladder puzzle. Hope that helps :)

The puzzle you're looking for is actually Tower of Hanoi, not Jacob's Ladder, but yeah, once you know that, and figure out how to work it, it's pretty simple, though the dps check can be a little tough to make depending on how efficiently your puzzle people can click and how geared your force is.

We had a somewhat difficult time with it last nite so I went to research strategies... There's this in the sticky that says to keep him on the same puzzle on the right, and that

"You just can't fire the same laser until you move the big III piece to another slot. Then you can move that piece right back to that same laser and solve."

Then a guildie told me that he heard it no longer works.

Is there a confirmation that this did indeed get fixed?

I have no idea if you can do that...but why would you?

It's adding an extra step to solving the puzzle (moving the big piece back to the original position)...

Normally, solving the puzzle is: little piece, medium piece, little piece, big piece, little piece, medium piece, little piece (7 moves).

With keeping the boss in the same position it's: little piece, medium piece, little piece, big piece, big piece back, little piece, medium piece, little piece (8 moves).

Adding more moves between each solution = less solutions in a given time period. As you only have a limited time before timed enrage, maximizing the # of solutions is the best strategy.

If your tanks can't learn to walk the 30 yards to one of the other nozzles, position the boss under a nozzle & then step off of the painted area...then get new tanks.

When solving the puzzle, the best hint I can give you is that on the very first move, moving the little piece the first time, you are also choosing where the pillar will be. i.e. if you put the littlest piece in the middle, then the pillar will end up in the middle.

Also, use 3 people up top...even if you need to use a melee guy (someone with charge is your best bet), they can charge the boss from the landings and then run back up (or charge back up if it's a guardian/jugg DPS).

Edited by Veriu

I have no idea if you can do that...but why would you?

It's adding an extra step to solving the puzzle (moving the big piece back to the original position)...

We keep him at the right the entire fight when we run HM/NMM. It adds extra steps but it saves us from having to keep clearning stun droids. If DPS isn't an issue, keeping him in 1 spot the whole fight is the best way of doing it.

If you're hitting enrage timer then move him around because you can get to the burn phase faster that way.

We keep him at the right the entire fight when we run HM/NMM. It adds extra steps but it saves us from having to keep clearning stun droids. If DPS isn't an issue, keeping him in 1 spot the whole fight is the best way of doing it.

If you're hitting enrage timer then move him around because you can get to the burn phase faster that way.

hmm...in HM/NiM don't you need to use the left nozzle to get rid of his stacking damage buff?

We've never had a problem with the fight (other than the first night, as we found out that none of our ranged players had ever done the towers of hanoi puzzle before and kept messing it up...)

Stun droids themselves shouldn't be an issue...they have pretty low HP, if you have all melee DPS focus them down, they die in like less than 5 seconds. Though if the stacking damage buff the boss gains has a max & is manageable, I would agree that keeping him under the fire nozzle would be the best strat for HM/NiM.

Edited by Veriu