PLEASE tone down canon part on Collocoid War Game(normal).

Look, I understand the game has to be challenging sometimes, but right now I am 50 in full PVP gear and cannot get a group to clear this FP. Really? I have cleared almost all other content including Kaon Under Siege and heroics just fine, but Collocoid can't be done. Here's why:

People are not that good at moving turrets. I have tried the instance maybe 3-4 times, twice @ 50. No group I have found has been able to get past the opening turret sequence. I am standing there with Collocoids on 3 sides of me and a dead party. This needs to be adjusted.

Edited by Darth_Vampirius
typo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done it twice at 42.

You need better teammates is all.

Try turning around so you all face the middle, that way you can shoot behind each other and catch blind spots easier. If that fails, you could always heal while the other three shoot the cannons.

I know it can be done with better team mates... but I think it still needs to be toned down.

Why must this FP be glitched to be able to win it?

It's stupid and shouldnt be the case ...

Done it twice at 42.

You need better teammates is all.

Try turning around so you all face the middle, that way you can shoot behind each other and catch blind spots easier. If that fails, you could always heal while the other three shoot the cannons.

Did this at 42, 3 on cannons me standing on the box in the middle healing. Your group needs target priority or they will fail. (Ranged Droids > Big Droids > little droids) Also it helps to remind them they can sweep and should pull their camera back and not focus just on the 45 degrees in front of them.

*EDIT -- hell come to think of it 3manned it last night carrying a guildie for gear. Just have to work well as a team.

So you don't need to glitch, you need to have some situational awareness.

Edited by Battyone

Why must this FP be glitched to be able to win it?

It's stupid and shouldnt be the case ...

What are you talking about?

They rotate 360 degrees, if you want behind each others backs then you can cover all the blind spots. Did you even read my post? I said nothing about glitching.

see, my groups cant beat this fp either.

Wanna know why.

Because these people playing today ARE NOT gamers. They play mmos and dont really have any hand eye coordination, dont really have any twitch, but they know how to mash buttons really well.

This is the REAL reason mmos and games in general have been dumbed down alot for the masses.....ENTER THE CASUAL....The plague of gaming everywhere....

Edited by darthjerro

I have not had a single wipe on this mission the last 4 or 5 times, and they were all with PUG. I myself is only l47 with regular gear. My method is to set camera zoom out distance to 100% and zoom out all the way once I am in the turret. I also recommend to each PUG that the healer stays out to heal while the other 3 man the turrets. It works very well.

One big problem with this mini-game is you have to hold RMB to move the turret with mouse, which feels very primitive. Vehicle or gunnery sequences are almost mandatory in FPS games nowadays and surely BioWare could have made this one better. That aside, once you get used to it, this FP is pretty easy.

I did this at 42, it was challenging but not impossible. My group pretty much one shot the two phases of the canons.. I think we tried it earlier at 39 or somethign but failed simply because we didn't have to the hp for it..

As a healer, I didn't really need to get off the turret. As long as one person is still alive when all the colicoid spawns, the objective updates.

http://dulfyforce.wordpress.com/2011/12/26/flashpoint-guide-the-colicoid-war-game/

Wanna know why.

Because these people playing today ARE NOT gamers. They play mmos and dont really have any hand eye coordination, dont really have any twitch, but they know how to mash buttons really well.

This is the REAL reason mmos and games in general have been dumbed down alot for the masses.....ENTER THE CASUAL....The plague of gaming everywhere....

Yup. Non-gamer SW fans will find this FP impossible. That is why I, the gamer dude, found myself surrounded by Collocoids on all sides. Guess what? SW fans get RUINED by this FP. Is this really a group that Bioware can affored to lose as fans near the endgame?

Yup. Non-gamer SW fans will find this FP impossible. That is why I, the gamer dude, found myself surrounded by Collocoids on all sides. Guess what? SW fans get RUINED by this FP. Is this really a group that Bioware can affored to lose as fans near the endgame?

Are we going to hope terribad players stay just because they're SW fans? I, for one, would be glad they quit pre-endgame if they can't even figure out how turrets work.

pop a heals on the cntr boxes, make sure you adjust your zones of fire to cover the empty cannon accordingly, and your gold. Not sure what issues your having bug?

Wanna know why.

lol twitch? really heh, you could prob get by just going sided to side and not aiming if heals/hp is good enough. Twitch isn't the 1st tihing that comes to mind when I'm on one of those *grin*

Edited by BMBender

When I did this at 41 we had a hell of a time the first 3 times and wiped, until I decided i won't get on the turrets and just heal. Worked fine then. Of course, had we looked up the strats prior to attempting it, we would have realized that that is pretty much what you have to do. But that's no fun.

2 ways works and I suggest being on voice chat,

1way, is to have everyone on turrets and turn them into the middle and kill behide your teams mates.

2 ways i healer of turrets and the other 3 killing, both ways works, done many times, fun place to do, can be annoying when you wipe alot and have no idea, I suggest to not do with a PUG...

oh and OP, just because it's been bugging me for 2 days, it's "Cannon".

see "canon" would be an issue with colicoid wargames from a LORE standpoint. Which honestly would have made a much more interesting thread IMO. "it's too hard, it's impossible" doesn't hold up very well against the hundreds and hundreds (or thousands by now) of successful completions. I mean..there's plenty of encounters that are actually bugged, we could be complaining about instead.

2 ways works and I suggest being on voice chat,

1way, is to have everyone on turrets and turn them into the middle and kill behide your teams mates.

2 ways i healer of turrets and the other 3 killing, both ways works, done many times, fun place to do, can be annoying when you wipe alot and have no idea, I suggest to not do with a PUG...

So basically, we have a level 40 normal instance which requires precise timing and voice chat, when most hard modes don't. Does this seem right? I am calling this a balance issue. Like I said, it needs to be toned down.

Look, I understand the game has to be challenging sometimes, but right now I am 50 in full PVP gear and cannot get a group to clear this FP. Really? I have cleared almost all other content including Kaon Under Siege and heroics just fine, but Collocoid can't be done. Here's why:

People are not that good at moving turrets. I have tried the instance maybe 3-4 times, twice @ 50. No group I have found has been able to get past the opening turret sequence. I am standing there with Collocoids on 3 sides of me and a dead party. This needs to be adjusted.

So let me get this straight, you want to nerf a flashpoint because you failed it 3-4 times? How about No. You´ll just have to go in and wipe until your group learns to beat the encounter, it'll be a learning experience.

So let me get this straight, you want to nerf a flashpoint because you failed it 3-4 times? How about No. You´ll just have to go in and wipe until your group learns to beat the encounter, it'll be a learning experience.

What group? Most of my SERVER can't figure this FP out, even after I told them that the healer stays out and the others cover them... explained how turrets work... etc. A LOT of regular non-hardcore players cannot figure out this instance, at all!