Gods from the Machine Nightmare Progression Board

Apologies on the delay on an update. I was unsubbed for a few weeks and thus unable to edit the post. A huge congrats to the latest kills, especially good to see later bosses being downed!

Regarding the Izax reflect change; I am not going to be doing retroactive changes especially for ability tagging. There are many examples of abilities in the game which are tagged in ways which they likely shouldn't be and they haven't been changed for years and therefore making judgements about ability tagging when you are first doing an encounter is near impossible. It also creates a what-if scenario where you don't know the outcome had the change been in place from the start and then it just becomes guesswork.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<Failure> Group Emerald World first legit Scyva 8m Proof:

Now i'm sure some of you are wondering, didn't Group Emerald get world first Scyva already? Yes, yes we did. But it came to our attention that as NA players we only kill bosses using exploits. This lead to deep introspection and reflection on our past kills. Through this reflection we discovered that our scyva kill was indeed exploited. However this exploit was not limited to us. EVERY SINGLE raid team i have seen kill MM Scyva has (intentionally or not) taken advantage of these unintended game mechanics. Now what possibly could this exploit be?!?!

The exploit in question involves the Unstable Acceleration and Anomalous Entropy buffs you gain in the catalyst phase of the fight. (Red and blue stacks for the simpler folk here that refer to atomic scattering as "explosion".) It isn't the double stacking to 7/7 stacks to completely roll over the fight. No no no. It is the fact that these two buffs are supposed to KILL the players when they expire naturally. These buffs are meant to be de-stacked during the later half of catalyst phase in order to remove the buffs without them expiring. If you doubt this feel free to read the descriptions of the buffs Unstable Acceleration and Anomalous Entropy. When you combine these descriptions, the functionality of de-stacking in the fight and some comments from the Raid developer himself it is apparent this mechanic is not working as intended. These stacks provide substantial output increases to the players and trivialize some of the most important dps checks in the fight. Specifically the rail gun turrets, ignite core, and the overall enrage for the encounter.

I seem to remember concerns with this mechanic and Scyva's overall broken state as a fight on some thread in a private forum far far away. But some European groups of players seemed think "Boss is fine" and "Boss is good as is". Could it be that these players wanted the fight to stay broken in order to take advantage of it later on? Or could it be that some of them don't even understand the basics of the fight like how the gravity module is meant to be used or that Deconstruct and Destroy are melee/ranged attacks that cannot be shrouded. :confused:

Regardless of their intentions, all these other teams have taken advantage of broken game mechanics (AKA E X P L O I T E D) and must be punished. According to the rules this thread has laid out:

Exploits will not be tolerated.

and therefore they should have their kills stripped from the boards. (and have achievements reset and GftM titles removed.) Also since these teams no longer have valid Scyva kills, they will drop to lower standings leaving Group Emerald on top as the only team with a LEGITIMATE full clear.

gz, must be really hard, and i think only NA had the chance to test NiM Scyva on pts, if u talk here about hm, yes boss was fine as it was for a hm, you were on NiM Scyva on pts, not EU, stop crying for a tactic that doesn't make any change with mainhands it just makes it longer, you do some thing that doesn't make anything harder, and you come here to show off with nothing impressive. Edited by AlexIonutPlay

gz, must be really hard, and i think only NA had the chance to test NiM Scyva on pts, if u talk here about hm, yes boss was fine as it was for a hm, you were on NiM Scyva on pts, not EU, stop crying for a tactic that doesn't make any change with mainhands it just makes it longer, you do some thing that doesn't make anything harder, and you come here to show off with nothing impressive.

https://i.imgur.com/gCUxiEH.gif

<Better now>

scyva 16man nim

izax 16man nim

all ppl got cheevo obviously

Isn't this supposed to be twitch.tv/nahigo instead of Worse Now? I'm really confused right now. :confused:

Also gz on 100.000 views on thread nim is alive and gaem is alive I wanna thank Keith for pushing nim for just having nim as he said in big swtor cantina interview big thumbs up i wanna thank musco for community management and comminucashun and i wanna thank matt the ops guy for being superman cool dude with great design skills i wanna thank his minions as well who help really good and like bananas and i wanna thank charles droid for the great story in gods nim. tank you guise appreciate y'all and lets goo 1.000.000 views and surpass the gay quinn lovers thread and show dem wooooooooohooooooooooooooo

also lets go Dxunnnnnnnnn the race already started on PTS but don't worry germans you will get your turn when september comes (eat that zwirmi mouthbreather). all i can say is we wont be fiting droids but beasts and wicked scary sppoky aliens (dread moth gonna eat you alive :( hes really hard )

Edited by DarthYun

<Paramount> Imperial Side Satele Shan

8m Izax

Achievement popped for 6 people in the group.

HEY GUISE I HEF GREAT ID LETS GET LOCK FROM GUD TEAMS & KIEL LEST BAWS & DEN POST KIEL WIDEO & BRAG ABOOT IET ON VORUMS xD xD xD xD

Gz on kill GL with killing first 4 I heard Tyth trash is REALLY hard hope you pass it soon byeeeeeeeeeee

Not sure why I feed the trolls.

Paramount killed all 5 bosses. Most of us burned our achievements for the first two while with One Eighth (listed above). For Nahut and Scyva, some of our teammates got the kills 4 days earlier with another group, and 2 days earlier with another group, respectively.

So, none of our other kills can be listed. We never had 5 get the achievement on the other bosses. We also only started raiding as a group in May.

I hope you enjoyed your meal.

Congrats to all the latest kills, board is up to date!

At this point I've decided to go and grant <Origin> their timed run; they have repeated it with more players and the key claim that conflicted with them (Team Amethyst) is from a team which is inactive so I feel their inclusion is relevant to an accurate representation of the community. Likewise another conflicting claim (Team Emerald) has had a roster change to lessen the conflict.

Just on this claim;

<Paramount> Imperial Side Satele Shan

8m Izax

Achievement popped for 6 people in the group.

So I've put you guys up but as per the ruling statement about non-linear and incorrectly ordered progression, it'll be listed below the Tyth kills. I'm happy to work with you to get claims of the previous 4 bosses as I have with other groups; Amethyst having claimed once an independant core was established and Better Now revoking their claims under Braindead Minds to continue to claim kills under their final team/roster are good examples of ways I've accomodated teams which have been developing their roster throughout their progression.

You're welcome to contact me if you want to get these claims and need anything explained more clearly.

Edited by THAT_EPIC_GUY