Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

Get real, people. The game is built on top of a Hero Engine from 2005 or so. It took 5+ years to make the game. During that process they (from what I recall reading) basically rewrote tons of the engine to be able to do the game in the first place. I can't even begin to imagine the rats nest spaghetti the game has become over 6 years of patching, mending, cutting, pasting and adding to it. :)

So is ESO, that is a much smoother better graphical quality and overall better performing game than this game..

Only benefit to SWTOR is it has Lightsabers!!!

:csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber::csw_bluesaber:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can people write a program for a mac if it already comes in a package that says mac, makes no sense...unless you mean they bought a program which specified mac compatibility and then tried installing on windows (but that would mean they did not write the program themselves).

Just put him her or it on ignore and move on. Isn't worth the trouble.

They're started the legal threats on Twitter. I'd link to it but they've also started the graphic descriptions of personal fluids as well.

So is ESO

No, it;s not. Hero Engine was used by their story developers to work out the story line. ESO uses it's own engine.

Edited by dr_mike

how can people write a program for a mac if it already comes in a package that says mac, makes no sense...unless you mean they bought a program which specified mac compatibility and then tried installing on windows (but that would mean they did not write the program themselves).

You totally missed what I was saying. But that's ok. I forgive you.

Its always endlessly entertaining every delayed update how many little kids think they know what it takes to run an maintain a multibillion dollar franchise. This isn't PS2s God of War disc. Not only that, but while your raging, "how dare they make me wait an hour, my time is worth SOOO much" you pay 50 cents day to sub to this game. 50 cents. For 24 hours. Don't like the wait? Play at 1:00 am then. Edited by Seterade

Just put him her or it on ignore and move on. Isn't worth the trouble.

They're started the legal threats on Twitter. I'd link to it but they've also started the graphic descriptions of personal fluids as well.

I wish i could like others posts, oh well, +1 to you.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Status update: The issue is a bit broader in that it is impacting connectivity to our datacenters. We are working with the relevant parties to get it fixed ASAP. Once the connection issues are resolved we will be able to come online pretty quickly!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

So is ESO, that is a much smoother better graphical quality and overall better performing game than this game..

Only benefit to SWTOR is it has Lightsabers!!!

ESO came out some three years after SWTOR, so one might speculate that they started from a more stable base. But speculate is all it is.

Hey everyone!

Status update: The issue is a bit broader in that it is impacting connectivity to our datacenters. We are working with the relevant parties to get it fixed ASAP. Once the connection issues are resolved we will be able to come online pretty quickly!

-eric

Too late, i just patched GW2 and I'm playing that now instead.

Hey everyone!

-eric

Yep, i'm off to bed. I don't think this will get resolved any time soon when 3rd parties are involved. Normally means ISP.

LMAO. it's ok, you can stop trying to Troll.

Not trolling, just want people to stop complaining and thinking the solution is easy and a simple fix when it's not. if you don't do this work for a living then keep your mouth shut. that is all.

Hey everyone!

-eric

Is there a new estimate or is it still soon ™?

Hey everyone!

-eric

WELP, let's go ahead and extend today's maintenance to tomorrow. :D

Let me also say that I've been away from the game since before the 4.0 release and I feel very much at home here on the forums.

The same high level of vitriol and complaining about playing time being wasted on updates and how Bioware EA is incompetent and it's all a plot... ahh, home sweet home. :D

Not trolling, just want people to stop complaining and thinking the solution is easy and a simple fix when it's not. if you don't do this work for a living then keep your mouth shut. that is all.

I'm not one of those complaining, this is my first post in this thread. But where the **** do you get off telling me to keep my mouth shut?

I'm not one of those complaining, this is my first post in this thread. But where the **** do you get off telling me to keep my mouth shut?

"Fight", "Fight", "Fight"!!!!