Is the new roll mechanic irritating to anyone else?

masstershake

I understand why they had to change roll, but imo,

we now roll as far as a sniper in 2 GCD, OR go half as far and if you roll again before the debuff is off you get the full lockout until you can roll again, it also gets frustrating when someone using force sprint gets out of reach and i have to wait til the lockout is over to roll to them again

i propose they add a 3rd roll before the lockout, the debuff would probably have to last a little longer, but it would prevent spam rolling, and allow you to roll a second time with the debuff and not have to wait an entire lockout to start rolling again.

also,

it is no where near as fun only rolling twice every lockout when listining to rollin' by limp bizkit.

is this irritating to anyone else or am i just using roll wrong now

You're stuck in the mindset of being able to spam roll for massive mobility and faceplanting when you run into the limit of two per CD timer.

If you open on a ranged class the most common thing to get hit with is a knockback, quite likely followed by a mobility move like a roll, force speed or brisk walk with a glowing ring round them.

If it's a melee class then generally they have less escapes from a fight than you do so no big deal.

But if you excessively use your roll as a casual movement tool instead of starting from stealth or flat out walking to the target if you're in a mass fight then you're screwed for options to follow up if they disengage.

Edited by Gyronamics

I strictly heal on my op, and use the roll to catch up to groups or get away, and i find i now have to roll back to back because if you get the 10 sec lockout 1 sec before the debuff wears off it puts you in a real bad spot.

and when slowed the roll is cut in half, which makes us go nowhere if u only roll twice.

I strictly heal on my op, and use the roll to catch up to groups or get away, and i find i now have to roll back to back because if you get the 10 sec lockout 1 sec before the debuff wears off it puts you in a real bad spot.

and when slowed the roll is cut in half, which makes us go nowhere if u only roll twice.

Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but our roll is no longer cut in half when we're slowed, we get the full length regardless of what debuffs are on us and even when we have the huttball we still get full length rolls.

If you're mainly healing on your operative then I would recommend you double roll to escape from any pressure that's being put on you, look for LOS opportunities to roll across but tbh mate 2 free rolls for a healer is really really good.

I usually double my rolls depending on whats attacking me, or who im trying to get to. The only times I stagger them is when Im trying to get them to blow there speed, leap, or pull, att whcih point Ill use it right after.

the roll is good where its at imo. the lockout is wierd to time if your staggering your second roll, but adding more is not going to be as effective as just chancing the lockout timer.