Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

MegaHeals

I believe the point of him saying to talk to the top teams was more because of the incredible errors the OP has in this rnaked tournament. If you want to start a ranked tournament but don't understand that a team needs all 8 players to play at maximum efficiency for their team... then you really need help with the tournament and should turn to the top teams who have the most experience in ranked warzones.

I am not on this server, but from my experience all the top pvpers on our server are incredibly nice guys, and are always helpful. I think the top players on your server just think they deserve input in a tournament that will in the end come down to them. Frankly, the OP needs to take the incite of the top players because the tournament as set up now would be a joke in regards to real ranked PVP.

On a side note.. Why the hell is there a cost for this tournament? Why would a lower tiered team pay 7 million credits if they know they don't compete with the top teams? Isn't this supposed to entice players to try ranked?

As I have stated in my previous posts, which may not have not noticed - his ideas were terrible! I'm not denying that. But why on earth would someone go to the top teams when the first input was nothing but a tantrum. A long winded, self absorbed one at that.

Taking your logic further: If I want to have a football tournament amoungst local teams I should by rights as the professionals their opinions and if they will participate? I'm sorry, but this is a game and someone can host a party if they like without the need for anyone elses approval.

The only way to have some 8 man fun is through ranked. Maybe people realise they aren't the best but still want to do some 8 man pvp. Sure, they'll get beaten by the better teams, and rightly so, but why should the top teams feel the need to intentially isn't catered just for them?

And getting upset because you feel you're a top pvper and someone didn't get your confirmation first is just egotistical, man. If you're good, simply show up and let your wins prove it. If someone asks your opinion or you just have some advice to offer, do it politely. The guy was simply trying to get some action happening and rather than help out all he got was insulted because it wasn't fleshed out properly, rather than people just saying 'hey dude, have you thought this through completely...?'

Just because it's a ranked competition doesn't necessarily mean it's only for the pro's; especially considering there is no ranking system or other arena available for events to be held that is separate from the top teams.

If you think the comp is beneath you, doon't set out to intentially ruin it just because you can. You might as well walk along the beach and kick people's sand castles over because you don't think they are worthy of your very veiwing. Execpt then you would have to face that person rather than hide behind a keyboard.

I was at one point of time attempting to start a tournament on the Harbinger, and kudos for putting all this time in.

I warn you though that you will not get all these matches in in one day considering the finalists (assuming 8 teams) would have played around 10 matches, which during rateds and then delays from other matches will make this tournament last at least 12 hours if well managed.

Seriously, you all make me laugh, Please keep telling me how bad my idea is so people keep viewing this post and eventually sign up for the tourney.

Please continue to think teams are going to not cheat and an observer or referree is uneccessary. The observers are there to be neutral parties, record video and referee things. If you don't have someone neutral who sees who wins, what is to stop both teams from coming back and say "we won", "no we won" and having a big argument, killing the tournament. What is your idea to prevent this from happening?

If you don't have somebody recording the match and record cheating in progress, what's to stop people from cheating. How do you suggest to address this issue?

Two teams with the same amount of players (7 on 7) makes the game even, and addresses cheating. There is no warzone you can't win because you have the same amount of players on each team. Expand your mind and rethink how you play a warzone to adjust to having 7 instead of 8. If your team is truly a top team you would say bring it on. One of these days we'll have 16 man warzones and it'll be "oh, I can't fight as well because it's 15 on 15"...... Silly argument.

Where can I find these top teams to ask their opinions on tournament rules. I didn't know we had a ranking system or a pecking order, and I didn't know I had to ask permission to post on a free internet web board. ;)

Don't be mad because my suggested rules make the game more fair. You'll die of stress related hyper-tension before you are 40.

We are taking constructive criticism on format changes to the tournament. If you have suggestions please present them in a professional manner and they will be reviewed. Teams that have signed up and paid will receive more considerations than those who have not. Thank you!

(1) Nice idea

(2) I don’t see a problem with 7 vs 7 except that people aren’t used to forming a group with that number, generally (for me at least) its 4, 6 or 8 – people stating things like “have you ever had a WZ where someone leaves” as a comparable is a bit strange to me as that would result in 8 vs 7… i.e. an advantage to one side.

(3) Sorry to see that people are being overly critical of this in a lot of cases not providing any constructive criticism.

(4) When PTS comes live I was contemplating trying to arrange some 4v4 / 6v6 matches in an open PvP area…not objective based but in a best of 5 ‘to the death’ format. After seeing the responses to your idea I think I will save my breath! :p

1. Until this post nobody knew you existed.

2. You're charging people to pvp (an exhorbitent amount of creds I might add)

3. You and your guild have no Rwz rating which tells everyone a guild of pvp incompetents are attempting to run the show.

4. You further show everyone how incompetent you are by adding the substitution rule in a 12+ hour event, tell everyone they must drop a player to be an observer for cheaters when in fact nobody on this server cheats in Rwzs. (You'd know if u did any) not to mention said player who cheats would never risk doing it in Rwzs because we see the horrible reputation it gives players (ie gingers more info about that later).

5. You could have saved yourself the time and embarrassment of starting this thread by getting feedback from top ranked wz teams/players and their endorsement (as their endorsement helps stir interest). You can host a tourney, post about it on the forums but if you can't entice any of the top teams to the event and receive negative feedback, guess what? You have no tournament.

6. Most importantly, gingers was in your guild. The only team that requires an observer is yours. Hence with your history of cheating guildmates you created the policy in the first place.

Edited by Megatfx

Gingers was never in Imperial Generals.

Saying he/she was, over and over, and ignoring the fact that it didn't happen, does not help your cause.

All other "facts" you post are treated as false based on this.

Gingers (no guild)

Gingers (Forceful Entry @ Prophecy of The Five guild)

Go ahead and find proof to back yourself up. I linked all the youtube vids i could find about gingers.

Edited by Zenates

1. Until this post nobody knew you existed.

2. You're charging people to pvp (an exhorbitent amount of creds I might add)

3. You and your guild have no Rwz rating which tells everyone a guild of pvp incompetents are attempting to run the show.

4. You further show everyone how incompetent you are by adding the substitution rule in a 12+ hour event, tell everyone they must drop a player to be an observer for cheaters when in fact nobody on this server cheats in Rwzs. (You'd know if u did any) not to mention said player who cheats would never risk doing it in Rwzs because we see the horrible reputation it gives players (ie gingers more info about that later).

5. You could have saved yourself the time and embarrassment of starting this thread by getting feedback from top ranked wz teams/players and their endorsement (as their endorsement helps stir interest). You can host a tourney, post about it on the forums but if you can't entice any of the top teams to the event and receive negative feedback, guess what? You have no tournament.

6. Most importantly, gingers was in your guild. The only team that requires an observer is yours. Hence with your history of cheating guildmates you created the policy in the first place.

1) False. People in game have seen us around, and we have been mentioned on the forums. Just because you didnt know we existed doesnt mean no one knows.

2) We are charging people to enter a PvP tourney. They are welcome to que Ranked as normal.

3) Where is this server ranking site? I know I myself and many others of the guild have a RWZ rating. You need to research mate.

4) You clearly have not done your research here mate. Many players were recently banned for hacking, such players who ran RWZs. No, I will not name names, that's harassment.

4a) The substitution rule was implemented to deter those who would enter from cheating, and to help stream to any who would like to watch. A 7v7 is even and fair, Im not sure why there is hate for this? So you loose a member to become an observer, unless there is something to hide, there should be no issues.

5) No one should require an endorsement of some "top whatever" to run an event. That is called elitism. While yes i agree a little more forethought should have been taken before confirming this as a "go", no one on this server is entitled to give permission.

6) Most importantly, you are still trolling. Gingers is not, has not, nor ever will be in IG. Get your facts straight before looking like a moron. No cheaters here, though with all the recent crack downs and bans, its no wonder people are against a cheat catching observer :)

1) 4a) The substitution rule was implemented to deter those who would enter from cheating, and to help stream to any who would like to watch. A 7v7 is even and fair, Im not sure why there is hate for this? So you loose a member to become an observer, unless there is something to hide, there should be no issues.

The issue is teams have been running 8 man rateds for the entirety of ranked warzones. A team's comp is most likely A sorc bubble stun healer, an operative healer, a Jugg tank, an assassin for node guard, a marauder for predation and damage, a Jugg for aoe pressure and more taunts plus the ability to respec for voidstar defense and huttball, A sniper for ranged dps and then a powertech for single target pressure. All of those members are important to a ranked team. Everyone has a specific and different role, and without one the game is different. Why would you mess with the system we have been playing for almost a year? The other team can recognize cheating. Most rated players have enough experience to note a cheat or hack just as well as you can. Make someone stream or fraps. You as an observer couldn't be everywhere anyways. I don't get why you would **** with a team comp. It doesn't make any sense.

The issue is teams have been running 8 man rateds for the entirety of ranked warzones. A team's comp is most likely A sorc bubble stun healer, an operative healer, a Jugg tank, an assassin for node guard, a marauder for predation and damage, a Jugg for aoe pressure and more taunts plus the ability to respec for voidstar defense and huttball, A sniper for ranged dps and then a powertech for single target pressure. All of those members are important to a ranked team. Everyone has a specific and different role, and without one the game is different. Why would you mess with the system we have been playing for almost a year? The other team can recognize cheating. Most rated players have enough experience to note a cheat or hack just as well as you can. Make someone stream or fraps. You as an observer couldn't be everywhere anyways. I don't get why you would **** with a team comp. It doesn't make any sense.

Sniper. Lolz. Now someone will take you seriously.

Wow, for someone who is just trying to get something going he sure is taking a beating from this lovely group.

I especially love how some people actually claim to speak for others saying things like "nobody wants to join your tournament" maybe everyone else on this server has bowed to your leetness but you do not speak for me or my guildies FYI

Ask yourself

Was your feedback constructive?

Did I add value to the discussion?

Was I respectful?

If you answered no to any of these questions then you have not participated in moving this initiative forward in any way shape or form and should find something else to do with your time because it is being wasted here.

I often wonder if some people login to this game or any game just to take out there "mommy didn't love me" issues out on others in general chat or in forums. It's kind of like "if I cant have it then nobody can" or "i'm taking my ball and gong home" It's a self serving way for someone who is not happy with themselves or there choices to try and share the misery with others which makes them feel better about having a meaningless existence. FYI you are what's wrong with society.

I call these people "cutters" these types usually end up torturing animals and staring in an episode of criminal minds, it's best not to respond to them as they will weed themselves out through natural selection as we have seen over and over again as patches roll in and changes take place.

I cannot say for sure that our guild will be participating yet but we are intrigued to hear more and will do our best to offer constructive feedback in order to make it as fun and successful as possible.

Cheers for trying to get something going and remember what I said about Natural Selection, it's mother nature at work and it's not always pretty..........

Murdy

RIPer GM

Kudos to the guys who are putting this together.

I ran the first competition of this kind last year - R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships - with much success. Not only that, it was an extremely fun 8 Hours of really competitive warzones.

To all those who are griping about the 7v7 makeup - it works just fine and particularly as a spectator event, we had tremendous feedback - never less than 200 people watching our stream for the whole 8 hours. It was great fun, we're about to announce a regular season event, kicking off in about 2 weeks.

Again - best of luck to you guys, hope you kill it!

:D

Kudos to the guys who are putting this together.

I ran the first competition of this kind last year - R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championships - with much success. Not only that, it was an extremely fun 8 Hours of really competitive warzones.

To all those who are griping about the 7v7 makeup - it works just fine and particularly as a spectator event, we had tremendous feedback - never less than 200 people watching our stream for the whole 8 hours. It was great fun, we're about to announce a regular season event, kicking off in about 2 weeks.

Again - best of luck to you guys, hope you kill it!

:D

Yeah this went down real well last year. It also boosted our fleet population to double the usual quotas for that night, with majority of the past and present Master Dar'Nala community tuning in via a delayed Twitch stream too.

And yeah, I'll be honest, I too wasn't sure about the 7v7 thing either, but it really does work well and doesn't subtract from the team performance much if at all.

(PS: if your top teams get involved in this, i know a few ppl from Asia Pacific who would tune in to watch)

Wouldn't it be cool if we could have more than one character?

Someone seems a little mad he was called out for lying, so now he stalks people on fleet with his print screen key bound to mouse 1.

Naw Bro no one knows who Imperial Generals are in the rated scene so good job?

• 2 weeks later...