Summation of Building Rage...

storto

So, I hope the title gets your attention. I have over 40 tickets in the in game "Help" system and almost everyone of them has something to do we PvP.

I have reported bugs, imbalances and many other frustrating happenings only to get a cookie cutter response to post them onto the forums so the correct people see them. (even after stating that I refuse to use the forums) So I bit the bullet and am going against my better judgement, here they are:

1. PvP Imbalances -

I believe the PvP should be broken up into three categories POST 50. The Valor system.

a.)
Centurion
- Valor 0-30 - Buy Centurion Tokens with Warzone commendations

b.)
Champion
- Valor 30-59 - Buy Champion Tokens with Warzone Commendations Valor 25 required.

c.)
Battlemaster
- Valor 60 - Buy Battlemaster tokens with Warzone Commendations Valor 55 required.

Set the price at whatever works out to the same amount of time required to get gear now, but here is where this system shines:

*New 50's (Valor 0-30) don't get smoked in three seconds when playing and can enjoy playing vice raging. (I'm guilty of this).

*You will always be playing against someone with equal gear/valor level.

*New 50's won't "ruin" the Warzones making it harder to win. (or at least can't be blamed)

*when you earn enough tokens you can pick the gear you need, You wouldn't be placed in some random generator universe where you get 6 pieces of the exact same gear. (Guilty here as well)

Con: Que times may be longer, but if the system is fun, more people would play because of less frustration. (see: "Ragers" below)

Extra: if there is valor differences in a group, the group leader's valor should be used to determine which Valor category the group is queuing into. But never put a higher Valor into a lower Valor match. (you can go harder, but never easier)

2. Warzone Quiters -

In my opinion the ability for a player to quit ruins the Warzone experience, playability and makes it harder to complete your dailies.

I believe there are four types of players that quit:

a)
"Impatients"
- Players quit because they think they are going to lose, every second they spend in a losing match is a second that is not going towards completing their daily.

b)
"Ragers"
- completely out of their minds in Rage because they can't win or die instantly due to poor/sub-par gear.

c)
"Oopsers"
- They que'd by accident and didn't want to PvP.

d)
"DC'r"
- truly DC'd and have disconnected from the game.

Here is my solution to Warzone Quitters:

1) If the Valor system(above) of queuing for warzones was adopted, you would get rid of the "Ragers".

2) Implement a "NO QUEUING" timer from a quitter that is over when the match they left has ended. This takes care of the "Impatients". This has no effect on the Oopsers, they didn't want to PvP anyway.

3) The "DC'r" unfortunately they will be hurt the most from the timer but it's only 10 minutes or less. (depending on when they DC'd) And if their load times are anything like mine, they'll only be waiting a couple of minutes to re-Que. On a side note: The game can tell when a person disconnects, I've seen it: Player X disconnected, Player X left the Ops group. Don't put the timer on if the the player disconnects.

4) More than 4 disconnects in a 1 hour time period will double the "NO QUEUING" timer.

Miscellaneous:

1) if a person ques for a warzone, then is invited to a group, they may end up on another team, the group leader knows he/she is queing the group. When the group leader ques the group, all players should enter (or re-enter) the que so everyone is on the same team.

So here are my problems and (I think) good solutions for them. Get hot Bioware!!, your window is closing.

Edited by storto

I havent hit 50 yet, but pretty much all i've done since about lvl 25ish is PvP. So while i don't personally know the frustrations of a fresh 50 in pvp i've read enough about it.

Your ideas seem very well thought out and reasonable. They may not be implemented exactly by Bioware but at least it's food for thought and lays down good groundwork for what they should do.

Oh and btw about me not questing much let me say however that i love the questing in this game more than any other mmo i've played and i've played a lot of them. It's not that i don't like questing in this game it's just that i have a blast pvping and the ques pop so fast i don't get to quest much lol. So basically i've just been doing the class questlines as time permits. When i make an alt i'll prob take my time with it and enjoy the questing more.

Where are the bugs and imbalances? I just see opinions about how you think PvP and gearing up should work...

I'd didn't say I would list all 40+ tickets that contained bugs and imbalances, I just listed some of the PvP issues I've noticed (with solutions). So instead of playing semantics, try some actual constructive comments, otherwise, go troll a different thread.

I dare you to come up with better solutions for these bugs, imbalances, problems or whatever YOU want to call them.......