An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Malacia

Aurbere

"To walk the path of the Jedi, one's spirit must be strong. That requires discipline."- Oppo Rancisis

Our look at Force Powers continues with the rare-in-use Malacia. Master Rancisis discusses Malacia in the following recording...

The Force can be used in many ways to subdue an opponent, but the principle quality of Malacia is that the Jedi achieves it not by expending energy but by transforming the energy of the target. Critics always note that Malacia is limited to organic opponents, but there are many situations where it is preferable to other means.

Imagine a sentry guarding a post that you must bypass. The sentry may be standing still, but his mind is alert and his systems are functioning. Everything is in motion. Blood flows, muscles tense, food is digested, and aptmospheric gases are inhaled and exhaled. All that motion is enough to make him dizzy and queasy, and by focusing on the flow of blood, you can make that happen. The sentry will be so overwhelmed that he is completely disabled, yet he will suffer no permanent side effects.

Now imagine a gang of murderous warriors running toward an intended victim when they are suddenly sickened by their own movements. Robbed of their sense of balance and unable to proceed, the warriors collapse, clutching at the ground as if they might fall from it. There are some Jedi Masters who have contended that such brutes may benefit from Malacia, as it serves to remind them that they are- like their prey- mere mortals.

Malacia requires a direct line of sight between the Jedi and the target, regardless of distance. However, if the target begins to retch, you may want to briefly avert your gaze, as this is almost always unpleasant to watch.

A powerful technique indeed, and rare in its use*. Many Jedi whom Master Rancisis sought to teach, preferred the use of a simple mind trick or Force Push to subdue an opponent. Oppo Rancisis only taught the ability to a few of his students.

Malacia merely requires a line of sight to the target to incapacitate said target. Users of Malacia focus on the body's natural processes and causes said processes to cause the target, or targets, to become dizzy and nauseous. Blood flow, muscle contractions, digestive processes, even breathing can cause the target to collapse. Masters of this technique can subdue a critical target while hidden in the shadows, allowing them to prevent unnecessary casualties.

I consider Malacia to be one of the greatest powers ever used. Malacia users can subdue a target without being anywhere near them. A power that can subdue a target without the Jedi using any of their own energy, something very useful when the situation demands it.

*Who said that? I don't think it's the exact quote, but you will see similarities to a certain quote by a certain Sith Lady.

A powerful technique, but our next Power is more deadly in its use. Morichro is next.

If you have a topic you would like to see in the future, post them below, or PM me.

That would be a nice high level ability for a Consular. Give it an long cooldown and let it cost no Force. Either it does damage or it stuns the opponent for a longer time than Force stun.

But it wasn't invented at this point.

(Btw. I'd like an RPG where Jedi are able to subdue even trash without killing them.)

That would be a nice high level ability for a Consular. Give it an long cooldown and let it cost no Force. Either it does damage or it stuns the opponent for a longer time than Force stun.

But it wasn't invented at this point.

(Btw. I'd like an RPG where Jedi are able to subdue even trash without killing them.)

It would be a good Consular power, but I think that Force Exhaustion power Focus Knights get is similar to Malacia.

I don't believe it was invented at this point. I believe it was created by Oppo Rancisis.

Wow, I thought I knew all the Force powers - but I'd never heard of this one, or the one you plan on doing next. Its nice to be informed once in a while, thank you Aurbere!

Malacia requires a direct line of sight between the Jedi and the target, regardless of distance. However, if the target begins to retch, you may want to briefly avert your gaze, as this is almost always unpleasant to watch.

And we wouldn't want it to get in that lovely beard of yours, would we now Master Rancisis? :D

Wow, I thought I knew all the Force powers - but I'd never heard of this one, or the one you plan on doing next. Its nice to be informed once in a while, thank you Aurbere!

And we wouldn't want it to get in that lovely beard of yours, would we now Master Rancisis? :D

Oh how you make me laugh! :D

I picked up this power during some research on Force Powers. It's very unknown and I thought it deserved some attention. It has become one of my favorite Force Powers.

Oh how you make me laugh! :D

I picked up this power during some research on Force Powers. It's very unknown and I thought it deserved some attention. It has become one of my favorite Force Powers.

Its a very cool power, definitely emblematic of the Jedi. Query: does the power work on force sensitives? And more specifically, Sith?

Its a very cool power, definitely emblematic of the Jedi. Query: does the power work on force sensitives? And more specifically, Sith?

I would assume so. Unless a Force-sensitive can stop all bodily functions. Perhaps they can protect themselves from it, as Sora Bulq killed Oppo Rancisis. So there might be a way to protect oneself from its effects. There isn't much information on it so it is difficult to say.

• 1 year later...
It is possible to use on Force Sensitives although it would be hard to use it on someone with a competently high control over the force as Malacia needs a direct line of sight and anyone with a decent amount of force ability would be calm enough even with the retching to use an ability to avert the haze of the Malacia User

I actually just read an article earlier today about a real-life phenomena similar to this that happens to people in a sound-dampening room:

‘When it’s quiet, ears will adapt. The quieter the room, the more things you hear. You'll hear your heart beating, sometimes you can hear your lungs, hear your stomach gurgling loudly.

‘In the anechoic chamber, you become the sound.’

And this is a very disorientating experience. Mr Orfield explained that it’s so disconcerting that sitting down is a must.