What annoy's you the most In PvP?

Lilouk

I have a lot of fun in warzones of course some times its kinda wack when you face a premade, but what annoys me is the guy that has to bad mouth his team and tell everyone what to do and all he's doing is playing defense. I understand you need someone on defense but anyone can sit there and say inc so shut up and sit there like a good boy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing my assassin, about to kill someone but my Maul animation refresh, GCD do not work and I need to wait 1sec until be able to use the skill again...

Stuns. Yes, I just play an assassin because I hate stuns, my main is a marauder. Now I kill people in stunlocking with no reaction and I spam my stun button with no fear.

Bugs, when you are knockbacked, trying to run but the run animation refreshes and you stay in the same spot.

Sage earthquake shaking my screen.

Team of 8 bubblestun sorcs makes me unhappy and unsub :eek:

I feel like that can't possibly be an effective team composition... I feel like you should have destroyed them, while it was probly a little annoying during the process.

Edited by Lionflash

I'll also add when i play combat/carnage on my sent/mara i hate vgs/pts who pull my target away or jugs/guardians that push my target away mid ravage/master strike they can go to hell.

LOLOL. +1. Also annoying is an annoyed sage/sorc that pulls you, most effective in hutball and fire pits but voidstar is also good. Oops, hold on a min that's me.

Nah, rep side is equally bad nowadays.

Oh and i was thinking of leveling my Sentinel haha.

It seems that the same things are mentioned over and over, hopefully those guys who are told they are doing something wrong will read this and improve, Doubtful but Still going to hold out hope :rolleyes:

I forgot to mention one of the most annoying things are the Rambo types, you know the sort: Defending an objective trying to play the hero, getting smashed into the ground and just shrugging it off after the objective is capped. Losing an objective is always bad, What's worse is guys like that don't try to prevent it only calling Incoming once they are dead or the said objective is in the process of being captured :mad:

What annoys me the most is that the MM system can't categories players based on skill, or atleast experience (which isnt ideal but would help a little). The direct outcome of this is the skill disparity in every warzone. My tolerance level for the stupid people I have to deal with in real life is really low so imagine how it is when I'm trying to do something for fun and that fun is interrupted by sessions of extreme frustration. Losing is one thing, losing because one or more people did something incredibly stupid is another. It applies to wins too, I rather lose in a game where everyone was acting sane than win a game where people did incredibly retarded stuff and the only reason to why we won was that the other team went full retard a tad more.

Let's categorize the problematic groups, groups that make up a good 90 % of the player pool:

*Plain Jane: This player is actually trying its' best, it's just that he, or she, is really bad at it. Now, some are bad due to inexpereince and others because they've reached their max and that max happens to be very low. When it comes to the latter I can't really understand why they're not moving on to something els, I know I would have if I got owned every game.

Either way, while it's frustrating to zerg with this type of player, do four times their damage and outlive them even if you have five enemies on you they're not as bad as the following category.

The moron: The moron can actually be fairly good 1 vs 1 because the main problem isnt the keyboard/mouse. Keyword; can......they're usually not though. The moron's main problem is that he or she lacks all forms of logic and situational awareness, things that would have been conducive in team games. This player type will never improve and the outcome of matches between a majority of players from this category will come down to chance, it's basically like flipping a coin. Things that come to mind when you're teamed with a moron; is that guy trolling, he can't be doing that on purpose, I wonder what his train of thought was there, doesnt he have a map in his UI.

Also, I'm aware that complaining about it here is like preaching to the choir.

Edited by MidichIorian

Idiots in glass houses annoy me.

Also, I never see people treating each other like this is a pick-up game of basketball at the Y.

I can see it now... our point guard spends the entire game yelling at us to "Dribble! DRIBBLE! YOU *****HOLE!"

And then our forward says "I'm outta' here" and just disappears from the court.

It's just a game. We are playing this for fun, right?

Also, I never see people treating each other like this is a pick-up game of basketball at the Y.

I can see it now... our point guard spends the entire game yelling at us to "Dribble! DRIBBLE! YOU *****HOLE!"

I wish people treated it as just a fun pug. On a basketball court, you might find yourself laid out on the court holding your grill if people acted the way they do on here.

You and I must not play at the same Gym...

People show up at the Y near me and cant dribble or pass dont see the court again...ever.

The good players dont quit, they just never pick the crappy player up on teams. ever again.

In this game there is no option to just not let them play, so sometimes taking a steaming dump on their head in chat is the only thing left.

Or, just leave the WZ yourself since staying would drive you mad.

There are really only two things that annoy me that I've found since I've begun to PVP (only recently. And for the record, I'm a subscriber).

1: Leaving a lowbie on guard duty at a node/cannon/hypergate terminal. More often than not, only one person is left behind; sometimes two. Rarely are they in the 40s. Most of the time, they're between lvls 10-19. Whenever I've been on guard duty (even as a level 24 at times) this is usually what happens: I sit there for about five minutes, reading the Ops chat about what to do. Most of its pretty "professional", in that they're keeping an eye out for each other. Damn good in my books.

From what I can tell, Lowbies tend to pull guard duty to get those Defender points; that's why I do it, but I like to attack, too. So I mix it up nowadays. But every time I've been a defender, the other Ops team sends only one person, sometimes two: a tank, and sometimes a healer, at level 35-50. You can be geared damn good all you want, but considering the attacks that can be used by higher up players, Even if you can cause a bit of damage (whether your guarding on your own or you have one other person there for heals), the result is the same: you're ****ed. Now, if I see a level 50 coming, I type a quick message like: "Incoming at node! Backup!" Then I try to kick as much *** as possible. Usually once I respawn and get back to the node, teammates are their and I rejoin the brawl. Now, maybe the people leading the teams are usually ones who attack and don't know this factoid about guard duty. Considering you earn more XP by being involved in the grand melee of player characters, I can see why that would be. But its still a bit irritating to be a 20, knowing you're about to get your *** kicked because the other team is going to send someone 20 or more levels above you to take that node and they've scouted ahead for intel (since I've seen stealth fellas at times but they never attack, I figure that's what they were doing).

Now the second thing isn't so much a peeve as a bit of confusion to me. Now, from what I figure, a character whose level is grayed out will not earn you points or commendations, just like in the PVE segments. So I tend to attack them only when they go after me, and I don't bother with them afterward. However, I've noticed some players in the 40s tend to actively hunt down people who I'd be assumed are gray for them (10-25, roughly) to fight. Now, am I wrong? Do these kills actually earn XP and commendations? I can't think of any other reason, other than they don't want a challenge and maybe they got their asses kicked by high-end players when they were lowbies and are, for one reason or another, returning the favor.