Undesireables -> Meatbags

Deathen_Shada

I noticed that our lovely HK-51 does not say the most ironic and well known line from the Kotor games. I'd like it to be changed but I doubt it would because they would have to get the actor back. But I'm pretty surprised why they chose to change HK's slang for humans.

I noticed that our lovely HK-51 does not say the most ironic and well known line from the Kotor games. I'd like it to be changed but I doubt it would because they would have to get the actor back. But I'm pretty surprised why they chose to change HK's slang for humans.

The word you're looking for is iconic.

Edited by ckoneful

Why would he? HK-51 is not HK-47. HK-47 was specifically programmed to refer to organics as meatbags, 51 was not.

^ this is what people don't seem to understand, they are not the same character nor were meant to be. It's supposed to be a nod and a nice addition to reference KOTOR but HK-51 is not HK-47 and never will be.

I'm OK with undesirables. Meatbags would've been neat.

But the Republic version of this companion says - get this - "troublemakers".

Ick!

Troublemakers sounds so benign by comparison, thus lending more credence to the "Republic is evil" theory :p

HK-51 snipes litterbugs.

but but... it's like

"a traffic jam when you're already late

a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife"

:D

"Isn't it ironic?" NO! Not a single thing in that song met the definition of irony.

I don't have HK-51 so I wouldn't know what he says. I suppose he doesn't say my favorite line "Query: Do you need someone killed?"

I suppose they don't also don't have a Protocol Pacifist package right? :D

Nope. More like 'Target Aquired' pack :D

As a Canadian I'd like to apologize for Alanis Morsette

Can you apologize for Celine Dion, too? And William Shatner in Airplane 2?

I agree with branmakmuffin. Compared to Celine Dion, Alanis Morissette is Mick Jagger.

But also, let's not forget the pink elephant in the room: Justin Bieber.

I respect Canada but really guys, you should be ashamed for giving that monstrosity to the world. :p

Troublemakers sounds so benign by comparison, thus lending more credence to the "Republic is evil" theory :p

HK-51 snipes litterbugs.

"Attention please. Evasion behavior consistent with malcompliant defendant. Ground protection team alert. Code: isolate, expose, administer."

"Alert. Non-standard exogen activity detected. Execute containment procedure and report."

. Edited by Euphrosyne

As others have pointed out, that is because HK-51 is NOT HK-47. 47 was specifically programmed (by Revan iirc) to use the term 'meatbag'. Two totally different droids.

Many people use "ironic" simply to mean "odd" or "unexpected."

Yeah and they are lazy. That is not what the word means. And they aren't doing it on purpose, they just don't understand what irony is.