Side Strats Suck

BlissDivine

The trick is communication let people know before the match starts if you want to try splitting 4 and 4 to each node. Side splits will work if done right, but mostly they work if the 2 (sometimes 3 if you're lucky) guys that go mid can hold off the cap long enough for the sides to be taken. It just sucks big time to be one of the few that go mid.

so many people ignore a plan or don't have one or can't adjust when it doesn't go to plan, that I've pretty much given up suggesting things in the spawn area.

Usual response to any suggestion of a plan is "kill stuff, don't die."

- yeah..... thanks for that.... at my valor rank, It would appear I've played this game a few times in the past and know how it works....

- yeah..... thanks for that.... at my valor rank, It would appear I've played this game a few times in the past and know how it works....

It would be good if there was some easy way to visually identify who had high Valor rankings. Maybe then they would listen to more experienced players.

The current titles are pointless because people don’t know what they mean.

On the maps Alderaan Civil War and Yavin Ruins I see way too many teams starting out using "Side Strats". This is where the team tries to get the two side nodes which are farthest apart.

The average player in regs is not good at rotating to defend the node that's being attacked. They are either too slow to rotate or over-rotate. This is why this strategy usually fails.

Now some players might be thinking, "I've used side strats and won before". . . this is because you had the superior team in damage, heals and rotations. Which means if you have the superior team it would have been easier to win by getting MID and the node where your re-spawn is.

The only time I think Side Strats are valid is if you have multiple stealth.

Your argument is moot you stat the reason for winning was an I quote " this is because you had the superior team in damage, heals and rotations." So it wouldn't make any %^$^% difference on whether you have mid or side if you have the stronger team. That said if your on the weaker team it might lure the stronger team into over extending. Doing side strategy is about capping sides quickly and while the team scrambles to grab one of the sides you go mid once you got mid you hunker down and defend both. It's a viable strategy does it always work no especially with the lame dev's complete and utter ability to balance the %&%^& classes. Most matches are complete jokes 4 mercs n 3 jugs with a couple of snipers and sorc heal etc etc the point is you go with what works. There is no wrong strategy

I often do that as well, unless a stealth or other teammates are headed that way.

I wouldn't really call that a Side Strategy though. To me a Side Strategy is when your team focuses it's main effort on a side node at start rather than mid. If one or two people go to opposing team's side note at start, mid is still the team's main effort.

I always go side node ( stealth) and now a days the other team usually sends 2-3 to grab a side node. If i can stall 3 (which I have) and allow our team to cap first I can cloak out and let them cap will then 2 of the three go mid and then I solo single guard and cap side node how is this wrong? True, if the person guarding calls inc might get 2 or more coming back to help there team mate but they're also leaving mid!( What really burns my ^$^ is when i pull 4-5 stall for as long as I can and my team STILL can't cap mid. At this point you just realize your on the weaker team and you wouldn't have won any ways.)

I think its tough to ever argue that one size fits all. Pvp is dynamic, and unlike pve, there isnt a mathematically-proven BIS approach to any one wz. Someone else mentioned it, and I agree that you have to get a feel for the wz. But if the argument is how to approach starting a wz...

I feel like sending at least 1 stealther to their node is important. In CW that delay could be the difference in a tie breaker. So, for me, I feel like its pretty important to disrupt their "gimme" cap. I can usually 1v1 who ever is over there, and if not, I can at least warrant another opponent to come help out. If capping or continuing to prevent seems futile, I'll leave and go back to mid/south. I would say the amount of nodes I claim doing that is more than I lose leaving mid/south 1 man short.

As for selling out on the sides, and sending no one mid. No. I disagree with that strategy. Youre essentially giving them mid and hoping they dont react fast enough to the sides to prevent your caps. Basically trading the contested mid fight for a contested side fight - bad trade imo.

Now I dont mind sending a healer and tank to mid and 3/3 to the sides. Its a pretty good strat with the right healer/tank.

But again, no one size fits all in wzs. Thats the fun.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Plot twist. There is no point going mid in hypegate.

Is there a node at mid? Besides directional coordinates, AHG doesn't really compare to NC and CW (and the reskined CW). So I'm not sure the same argument can be applied from the tri-node based wzs to AHG.

But I do agree, all going to sides on AHG is a good strategy.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Plot twist. There is no point going mid in hypegate.

That’s changed a little since snaves video. You now get more points running orbs.

Unless you can guarantee to stop them capping it, then you do need to go mid to get some orbs.

Edited by Totemdancer

It would be good if there was some easy way to visually identify who had high Valor rankings. Maybe then they would listen to more experienced players.

The current titles are pointless because people don’t know what they mean.

While I wish valor levels were more visible, the issue I could see with that is that the person with 0 valor might be a guy or girl who has the I Am Death Incarnate achievement and is a Ranked star, but just happens to be playing a new alt. Maybe Valor level should be a legacy thing.

Also...there are some people with high valor that just have been playing for a long time and haven't found a clue in all those years. I once got into an argument of sorts with someone with maxed out valor ( who was also the Ops leader) who was telling people to run orbs in Hypergate instead of reinforcing a delay when the score was something like 500 - 350 and the other team was ahead.:confused:

While I wish valor levels were more visible, the issue I could see with that is that the person with 0 valor might be a guy or girl who has the I Am Death Incarnate achievement and is a Ranked star, but just happens to be playing a new alt. Maybe Valor level should be a legacy thing.

Also...there are some people with high valor that just have been playing for a long time and haven't found a clue in all those years. I once got into an argument of sorts with someone with maxed out valor ( who was also the Ops leader) who was telling people to run orbs in Hypergate instead of reinforcing a delay when the score was something like 500 - 350 and the other team was ahead.:confused:

I think Valor should be a legacy stat to make it work.