Anyone else think the Clone Wars portrays certain things wrongly?

Sith_Kingpin

im glad anikan is not a whiny brat i feel it would of ruined the show of he was, and remember we do not see rex in the films so i do not think he does order 66

Isn't Rex one if anakins boys? if so I imagine he would have been one of the clones that attacked the temple and besides order 66 was issued to stop the Jedi if the Jedi turned on the republic, so I am sure the clone would kill the Jedi if it means protecting the republic

Seriously, TCW just dumps on SW in general.

I think the prequels dumped on starwars and shows like clone wars and some of the eu have to work damage control. Lets not forget the continuity errors and making anakin space jesus

And to top it off, The actual war, only lasted 2 years, but they are cramming all this stuff into the show. AND, Anakin NEVER had a padawn in ROTS. So IMO TCW, just completely craps on the entire series of books written between AOTC and ROTS.

First of all, the war lasted 3 years. Second, it spans an entire galaxy and if you think about it, the arcs only focus on certain battles(out of a million others) and events(out of an increasingly eventful time-period). TCW doesn't really cram too much. If anything, it does way too little.

I'm not saying I don't like the show because I do. It's just, they've done a few things in which make me raise my eyebrows. For example, in the movies, Anakin was a hot-headed, whiny brat who was bordering on selfish. In the CW cartoon, they changed his character completely and make him a respectful master to Ahsoka, as he chastises her a lot for things he'd have done in the movies without a second thought.

Also, the clones bug me because I can't buy into their emotions and individuality since we know the murderous animals they become. Does anyone here think someone like Rex or Cody would willingly murder Jedi with a single order from the Chancellor? I don't believe it at all, as we're shown in the CW, they respect the Jedi and look up to them on the battlefield. Their unique personalities prove they could easily reject Order 66 and not become cold-blooded animals, yet as we're shown in the ROTS, they purge Jedi and even murder younglings at the Jedi Temple!

Which brings me to my last point in the rant. The Jedi youngling arc just recently shown in season 5 made me a little uneasy; I know they probably don't grow up to be Padawans as they could very well be murdered by Anakin (now Vader) in the Jedi Temple! It made me a little sad, as we attach ourselves to these characters' emotions, and yet we know what happens in the future and it sort of makes me a little disappointed. I don't know about you, but these are my pet peeves of the show.

If you have anything else I missed, please state your opinions as I like debating these issues with fellow SW geeks lol.

oreder 66 is not an order per se, its a preprogramed protocol imprinted in their brains when they are created.

As far as Anakin being whiny, he still is in the Clone Wars. He is constantly defying the council, because he knows better. He tells his padawan to do as he says not as he does. In the first episode(aka the movie), he was assigned Ashoka by Yoda in order to start to change his ways by giving him the responsiblity of being a mentor.

As for the Clones, the Clones are bred to be the perfect soldiers, "following every command without question". In the game "Republic Commando" they had a narrative where a clone explained how Order 66 affected the clones. This particular clone explained how the only thing that kept him and his squad alive was his Jedi commander, Aayla Secura. He said that it was a good thing that the helmets covered thier faces, implying that they cried as they followed the order to terminate thier commander. The clones were not cold blooded killers they were bred to do a job and part of that job was to kill the enemies of the Chancellor.

Edited by Freedannad

As far as Anakin being whiny, he still is in the Clone Wars. He is constantly defying the council, because he knows better. He tells his padawan to do as he says not as he does. In the first episode(aka the movie), he was assigned Ashoka by Yoda in order to start to change his ways by giving him the responsiblity of being a mentor.

As for the Clones, the Clones are bred to be the perfect soldiers, "following every command without question". In the game "Republic Commando" they had a narrative where a clone explained how Order 66 affected the clones. This particular clone explained how the only thing that kept him and his squad alive was his Jedi commander, Aayla Secura. He said that it was a good thing that the helmets covered thier faces, implying that they cried as they followed the order to terminate thier commander. The clones were not cold blooded killers they were bred to do a job and part of that job was to kill the enemies of the Chancellor.

hell there was even a special order to take out the chancellor if it was proven he betrayed the republic.

Guys there were contingency orders for EVERYTHING put into the clones. Hell there were orders to march on the senate and gun them all down if was proven and the order given.

Actually, that was Battlefront 2, not Republic Commando.