Rolling need for companions

Really sucks when people roll need for companions...:(

So... I was running BT as a bounty hunter when a sith warrior rolls need on a blaster pistol because his companion could use it. Even when asked politely to let me have since it is a huge upgrade he ignores. So is rolling need for companions the new type of ninjaing?

Something like that happened to me earlier tonight and then later in the Hammer instance, the chest piece from the boss drops for me, Being the only force using heavy armor wearer i got a smile on my face till the bounty hunter needed it.

"Oh i get confused when there are three buttons, and didnt read the stats."

Lazy and Stupid or just being a ninja?

Well since the vast majority of the game is solo missions with your companions, rolling need on them is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Ive discussed this with many Flashpoint groups and no one has had any problems with it so far. Especialy since I see Jedi/Trooper rolling on each others gear even though it dosnt have their preferred stats or people who roll on gear to rip the mods out of it.

If the game allows it, then there shouldn't be a problem rolling for gear because of your companion. If you don't like it, offer to pay for your party's subscription and then you can order them around. If BioWare didn't intend for this to happen then they wouldn't allow a heavy armor wearer rolling on medium armor loot.

Problem is: Then you dont need a Greed Button, cause with a full Companion Party, the only thing i cant legally have Need for, as a non-Forceuser, is Lightsabers & Force User Armour, cause i never get a Force-using as Companion.

So you REALLY want to have everyone need on Stuff, thats an upgrade for you, cause someones companion could need? For Example: A Sithwarrior`s 5-6 companions can use everything...

Ideal would be a "need for Companion" - Button that ranges inbetween.

Need > Companion-Need > Greed

Edited by Kheldras

OP,

Remember the name. Ignore him. Tell other like minded people.

Ignoring people will prevent them from grouping with you. Its not Ideal i know, but its the closest thing to filtering people who want to roll need for companions and people who roll greed or ask politley if they can need for a companion.

Personally i'm with you on this issue.

Had it last night during an Athiss run, but the trooper did ask first if anyone minded him rolling need for his companion and no one minded. However I can see other players doing it often and there is no way of stopping them. There really needs to be a need for class option and need for companion.

So... I was running BT as a bounty hunter when a sith warrior rolls need on a blaster pistol because his companion could use it. Even when asked politely to let me have since it is a huge upgrade he ignores. So is rolling need for companions the new type of ninjaing?

Set master looter if you want control over other people's loot.

"Need" has always referred to items you can wear that will help you in PVP or raiding. Never has it referred to companions or alts or selling to the vendor. It's best to clarify this with your group at the beginning, even if so many people feel that they "should" already know this.

For many people, this will be their first MMO. No other game has prepared them for the "yes I truely NEED it for my character" debate.

Well since the vast majority of the game is solo missions with your companions, rolling need on them is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Ive discussed this with many Flashpoint groups and no one has had any problems with it so far. Especialy since I see Jedi/Trooper rolling on each others gear even though it dosnt have their preferred stats or people who roll on gear to rip the mods out of it.

Bottom line, if you roll need on my gear, find another healer.

Problem is: Then you dont need a Greed Button, cause with a full Companion Party, the only thing i cant legally have Need for, as a non-Forceuser, is Lightsabers & Force User Armour, cause i never get a Force-using as Companion.

So you REALLY want to have everyone need on Stuff, thats an upgrade for you, cause someones companion could need? For Example: A Sithwarrior`s 5-6 companions can use everything...

Ideal would be a "need for Companion" - Button that ranges inbetween.

Need > Companion-Need > Greed

Personally I'd change the order to "Need > Companion > Reverse Engineer > Greed" ;)

But yes, I think a new option for companions would solve those problems... because your claim for them is not strong enough to need, but stronger than greed and taking apart... at least that's my opinion...

It isn't YOUR gear until you win the roll. Feel free imitating a five year old child.

My companion isn't in the instance, your companion isn't in the instance. If I don't get gear I cannot perform to spec. Next time it happens I'm going to let the guys run into the final boss then run the other way and laugh like a maniac :)

eta: wish I could record that, happening. That's a vid that needs to get made.

Personally I'd change the order to "Need > Companion > Reverse Engineer > Greed" ;)

But yes, I think a new option for companions would solve those problems... because your claim for them is not strong enough to need, but stronger than greed and taking apart... at least that's my opinion...

Need > Companion > Mod/Engineer > Greed.

Lets say the Helmet drops twice in Athiss. Well I can yank the mods out and slap them in another piece of gear and get a very significant upgrade.

Edited by Darinford

My companion isn't in the instance, your companion isn't in the instance. If I don't get gear I cannot perform to spec. Next time it happens I'm going to let the guys run into the final boss then run the other way and laugh like a maniac :)

I see you are going to act like a 5 year old to the group AFTER the one you had an issue in.

I see you are going to act like a 5 year old to the group AFTER the one you had an issue in.

Exactly, I want it well known that I will be an impeccable jerk to people who roll on my loots. That way I can get kicked before the issues occur, and I'll have a lot of fun earning the reputation :D

Rolling need for companions is like rolling need for an off set in other MMOs. Just ask your group if thats ok.

With this being said, I don't think a companion should get an item a player views as an upgrade.

It was said earlier in the thread, Need then Companion Need then Greed. A button for this would be supremely helpful.

"Need" has always referred to items you can wear that will help you in PVP or raiding. Never has it referred to companions or alts or selling to the vendor. It's best to clarify this with your group at the beginning, even if so many people feel that they "should" already know this.

For many people, this will be their first MMO. No other game has prepared them for the "yes I truely NEED it for my character" debate.

That's very nice and all but there has never been a MMO before where your companion gear matters so much.

That's why you should of rolled republic the sith are gonna have way more ******es lol

Edited by Godsblades