2.7 E-mails from the PTS ( Spoiler Tagged )

Darth_Wicked

I hope there's no problem posting it here, since I'm using SPOILER tags and all and this is stuff available from the PTS, once you finish the storyline arc comprising the two new flashpoints.

Regardless, here are the emails. The one concerning the SW is especially poignant...

Sith Warrior:

Imperial Agent:

Subject: A New Home

I have decided to keep my walls bare, here in the domicile to which I've been told I've retired.

It's quite a thing to find yourself at once no longer required and yet too vital to cast aside. My days are spent in pursuit of a better dejarik strategy. Better that than to allow languor to become the keeper of my thoughts.

Overheard a curious story about an old adversary resurfacing to play his games with his toys; I sometimes wonder if you were drawn into this particular shroud of deceit and how you might have handled yourself.

I hope you'll forgive the personal nature of this message. The truth is, I've always admired your intelligence.

Bounty Hunter:

Subject: Keeping in touch!

Hey there, Grand Champion! Bet you never thought you'd be hearing from me again!

Can you believe these BBA yahoos? Letting every sleen trapper and their third cousin pick up bounties like hunting ain't no big deal! Shameful. Course, I know you don't worry yourself about piddly stuff like that no more. With all I've seen that you've been up to, I know you got bigger ferrazids to fry!

Say, how's that Mantis holding up? Saw one just like it on vacation out to Rishi. Made me think of you. Ever get a chance, sugar, you should head out there. Beautiful beaches, loads of blaster fire--you'd like it!

Sith Inquisitor:

Subject: On Recent Events

Dark Lord,

The Sith Empire rises.

While the extraction of isotope-5 proceeds slowly, it proceeds all the same. And while our victory on Tython was short-lived, it proved to the galaxy that we are far from diminished.

We continue to press forward with Admiral Ranken's initiative in the Kuat system, and the rogue Czerka moon has become a symbol for Imperial resistance against the Republic's heightened aggressions.

Do not think for a moment that I am unaware of your contributions. Among the Dark Council, you have far and away played the most vital role in addressing these matters directly. For that, you have my gratitude.

Great days await us, but we must first endure the many trials that are sure to come.

Darth Marr

Jedi Knight:

Subject: The road ahead

Every Jedi matters, but losing a member of the Jedi Order is especially hard.

In the Empire's despicable attack on our home, Master Oric Traless took his last breath. He is one with the Force now, and lives through us and our deeds. His defiance in the face of evil will never be forgotten.

I wish I had been there, as I am sure you do, but we cannot allow ourselves to become mired in regret. We must continue to strive for peace, both inward and out, and we must remain headstrong in our service to the Galactic Republic.

May the Force be with you.

--Master Satele

Trooper:

Subject: Checking In

Heard about those ops with Agent Shan. You've still got a knack for finding all of the action, huh? Wish I could lend a hand, but this Denon job is getting nastier by the day.

As second choices go, Theron's pretty solid. He doesn't have my charm, of course, but he's a sharp field agent. You can count on him if things go sideways.

All right, gotta cut this off--local contact wants his turn on the station. Guy says maybe ten words out loud per day, then writes at least a thousand in every nightly report. At least he plays sabacc.

Missing better company, Jonas

Smuggler:

Subject: Been a while

I'd ask what you've been up to, Captain, but I keep seeing your name pop up. Ilum. Makeb. Kuat. Even Oricon, if memory serves. And now this business on Korriban and Tython. You've kept yourself busy. Good.

As for me, Saresh has pretty much made me the standard bearer for Jedi taking a proactive stance against the Empire. Which is fine, but I'd rather be spending less time posing for the HoloNet and more time actually getting the job done. You know--like you.

Keep on doing what you do, but you'd better set aside some time in there somewhere to look me up. Pretty sure I owe you a drink.

--Sumalee

Jedi Consular:

Subject: On the State of Balmorra

Barsen'thor,

I wish I could report that Balmorra is a haven; that the Empire has been sent packing and that the people are free to get back to living their lives. Sadly, I can't.

That said, there have been improvements, and some level of normalcy has been restored. Whole sectors are actually at peace, where factories have sputtered back to life as the efforts to rebuild continue.

It hasn't been easy. But every day I think of how hard you fought to help restore our government. I think about the stories I've heard of all you've done to help the people of Corellia and Makeb and on and on, and it pushes me to keep trudging forward, no matter how strong the headwinds.

We're landing on Manaan now to negotiate kolto rates. I'd ask you to wish me luck, but it took way more than that just to get a Selkath to talk to me! Be well, my friend.

Tai Cordan

President of Balmorra

Source:

- - - -

And now that we've put some stuff to rest, we can move on, especially the one concerning the SW. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The retirement part makes me think of the old Keeper, but I'm not sure about it.

Given in mind the person in the mail mentions "retirement", I believe as well that it's the old Keeper. Watcher Two is most likely working as an analyst of sorts but retired already? Doubtful.

The old Keeper also mentioned that if he was lucky, he would be allowed to retire gracefully. If not, he'd be shot or hanged.

Plus, the use of the term "languor"? That's the old Keeper definitely.

EDIT:

Plus, "Keeper" of his thoughts. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

"Overheard a curious story about an old adversary resurfacing to play his games with his toys; I sometimes wonder if you were drawn into this particular shroud of deceit and how you might have handled yourself."

Could this be a reference to The Shroud?

"Overheard a curious story about an old adversary resurfacing to play his games with his toys; I sometimes wonder if you were drawn into this particular shroud of deceit and how you might have handled yourself."

Could this be a reference to The Shroud?

Most definitely. :cool:

I get the feeling Bioware is preparing us for more story class in the nearest future, probably in the next expansion.

Even though I have a hard time believing this may be the case, no matter how much I'd love if it was mind you, some of the mails do imply as much.

Even though I have a hard time believing this may be the case, no matter how much I'd love if it was mind you, some of the mails do imply as much.

It'd give me an incentive to play as some of my lesser used characters, that's for sure.

It'd give me an incentive to play as some of my lesser used characters, that's for sure.

Same. I have a couple of characters gathering dust nowadays, simply because I'm not that much of a fan of the gameplay anymore.

New content, especially class story driven, would probably gives us a chance to refocus. :D

Methinks Terminis is an anagram for 'minister'; as in Keepers last position before his retirement?

Also, the location of his new home; the wording makes me think he might have been tossed into Shadow Town on Nar Shaddaa.

Yeah its the Minister of Intelligence.

I didn't realize that apparently he and the Shroud apparently have a history....I for one would like to know more about that.

Jonas Balkar from trooper letter - who is this guy? And what agent Shan is he talking about? And who is Theron?

He's your SiS contact during the Trooper's mission on Nar Shaddaa. He also appears later on to help the Trooper and Aric Jorgan tracking the latter's squad, the Deadeyes.

Theron Shan is a character that will appear in the upcoming content pertaining the Tython and Korriban flashpoints. Before that, he was the main character of the Annihilation novel and the Lost Suns graphic novel.

He's your SiS contact during the Trooper's mission on Nar Shaddaa. He also appears later on to help the Trooper and Aric Jorgan tracking the latter's squad, the Deadeyes.

Theron Shan is a character that will appear in the upcoming content pertaining the Tython and Korriban flashpoints. Before that, he was the main character of the Annihilation novel and the Lost Suns graphic novel.

Ok, thanks. Forgot his name :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...