Server lag is inexcusable

DarthZak

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean back to dead game state. so thats how the servers work at swtor, interesting.

Yeah, sure, "Dead game state." Nice of you to conveniently ignore both waves of server merges that basically ensured that there's at least one instance of fleet with 250+ players at all times (certain APAC servers excepted, of course).

And here is the entitlement. Not good enough ? I am on a very busy server for example and I do not have any of the issues you describe. So they estimated how many people are going to be influenced and what are the risks and potential revenue impacts. IF those are smaller then cost of the new sever hardware then they did not upgrade or add new servers. It is really simple business logic. But because of you having problems they are going to change course and spend several hundred thousands on new iron hmmmm....

See my point they know the average per account revenue per anum and if you have in this thread so many people that be complaining that all those accounts will add to be more or equal to the costs they will do it.

You can not possibly estimate how many people will join up for f2p with any reliability that is needed for infrastructure upgrade anyone who tells you that is lying.

Wanting to play this game fluently is not an entitlement.

If I feel entitled I would make a complaint like "Ive been a subscriber from the start, I think I deserve more free stuff!" thats entitlement. In this case its something that actually affects the playability of the game on a grand scale.

Im happy for you that you dont have this issue. Maybe your servers isnt as full as mine or the hardware if better. In the end the fact that you dont have any issues does not mean anyone else shouldnt have issues.

The Shadowlands is simply too full to cope and if you read my posts it has been since the last merge. They probably had room for 10-20% more but even that was pushing it. Now they have WAY more than a 10-20% increase and Id like to hope that for all our sakes they keep that increase. This means that they had to already upgrade it. Which they didnt.

As someone stated in another thread, EA/BW are no longer in the business of selling games with SWTOR, they are providing a service for which we pay. They need to offer the service in the best way possible. Yet again this is not entitlement, its a fact.

To be honest Id rather wait 1 month longer on 1.6 and get good servers now

And yes you can. As Ive said Ive worked in a multimillion dollar company before and Ive helped research potential inflow for any new product we launched. Its called a forecast. The forecast could be wrong of course but by this much it means you have bad analysts and need to take immediate action.

This is the side of the argument I come down on. BioWare is in a darned if they do, darned if they don't position. If they open up f2p servers, it may alleviate some of the lag and crowding now, but then in a few weeks or so, those servers will be ghost towns, and this absolutely terrible community, (and make no mistake, this community really is terrible) will be flaming BioWare for opening up too many servers. Can't you hear it now? I can.

"OMG BIOWARE WHY YOU OPEN SO MANY SERVERS WHY DIDN'T YOU LEARN FROM BEFORE FAIL EA!!1"

While I agree that the server lag is incredibly aggravating (we wiped last night in HM Kaon Under Siege a couple times because of weird lag and rubberbanding) I don't think there's much BioWare can do about it that wouldn't imbalance the game in the long term.

I don't mean to flame the developers or anything, but I'm just not confident in their abilities to fix things, because their solutions always seem to create more problems or do just enough to exasperate and already irritable community.

The solution is simple, make the servers bigger by upgrading the hardware. Upgrading hardware wouldnt imbalance anything

Lag spikes do seem to be an issue. I would be against the idea of adding new servers to solve the problem however.

I would rather they adjust the server to launch a new instance early if lag presents itself. Perhaps an adjustment could be made there to reduce the lag a bit.

Itll reduce the lag by a tiny amount. Warzones and Ops suffer as well and theyre already instanced

Upgrade hardware and BAM done. Costly to EA? Yes, but theyll have to deal with it.

Yeah, sure, "Dead game state." Nice of you to conveniently ignore both waves of server merges that basically ensured that there's at least one instance of fleet with 250+ players at all times (certain APAC servers excepted, of course).

There wasn't 250+ on the fleet at all times on my server pre-F2P. :confused:

It was still better than the current lag though.

Ping is not the issue. I run on The Shadowlands (US EC) and live in Europe. Since day 1 Ive had between 90-100ms lag which is not a problem for me.

ping is a issue for us,

we got 200ms ping at US server,

600ms ping at ASPC server,

400ms ping at EU server.

Members of my guild, including myself, have been experiencing persistent and noticable ability lag since 1.5 went live. It's certainly not something that is caused at our end as we generally have ~30-40ms pings. So this has to be a server based issue. I certainly don't recall having this problem when the last server merger took place so what's going on?

Sigh... This is the exact same complaint people had at launch - "OMG server queues/lag suck, open more servers Bioware!" So they did, and then when the launch rush ended, the complaint became, "OMG BIOWARE WHY U OPEN SO MANY SERVERS NOW I HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY WITH SERVER CONSOLIDATIONS PLS!"

You really expect them to make the same mistake twice? Give it a couple weeks, the rush will die down, server populations will stabilize again, and everything will be just like it was before.

Wow calm down. This post is a serious post and does not need this kind of intevention. Take a prozac and relax.

Myself and another 10 or so came back just before f2p to see how things have gone. None of us minded paying the 15 dollars at all. Everyone was enjoying the game again until 1.5 hit. The lag as many have stated makes prime-time extremely frustrating to play in. Would of hoped 4-5 months away from the game they'd of gotten at least the stability of the game under control. Guess we'll give it another week or so.. if it isn't fixed.. likely bye bye for good.

Members of my guild, including myself, have been experiencing persistent and noticable ability lag since 1.5 went live. It's certainly not something that is caused at our end as we generally have ~30-40ms pings. So this has to be a server based issue. I certainly don't recall having this problem when the last server merger took place so what's going on?

INB4 the biodrones tell you they have never had any lag and they are still using a commodore 64 with 512 baud modem. It must be on your end.

Fairly sure it´s not the hardware that´s the problem on either side, it´s the software. New servers wont help if it´s the same software used.

The software takes longer to fix than the hardware, theyll just have to make do with what they can do on short term.

inb4 the biodrones with the... Just patiently wait, its only been 6 months of lag problems. Inb4 the biodrones say.... What are you talking about... The game runs great on my 4 year old computer with dial up access. Inb4 the biodrones tell you.... Youre just an inpatient self entitled (insert name here)

oh wait... I was too late.

Qft....

Getting ability lag and also more connection lag spikes since 1.5. Will redbar for no apparent reason now while pre 1.5 would almost never have problems. In popular zones ability lag is horrid. Queued up powers do not activate and the game acts like I am having ping of around 500 when it shows less than 100. BW has repeatedly shown they have no forsight when it comes to things like this and sadly, I do not see this getting fixed any time soon. I love the game but the increased issues and utter lack of customer service will drive people away.

i resubbed to get my coins for past months; and omf jesus christ... this game runs like ****.

unsubbed 20 mins later; everything is outdated; every other game i played while not in swtor beats the crap out of this game in performance. OLDER f2P games run better. i just didnt see the difference in the past, but logging from GW2 into this game was like " *** !" sadly is the only Star Wars mmo out there.

Sigh... This is the exact same complaint people had at launch - "OMG server queues/lag suck, open more servers Bioware!" So they did, and then when the launch rush ended, the complaint became, "OMG BIOWARE WHY U OPEN SO MANY SERVERS NOW I HAVE NO ONE TO PLAY WITH SERVER CONSOLIDATIONS PLS!"

You really expect them to make the same mistake twice? Give it a couple weeks, the rush will die down, server populations will stabilize again, and everything will be just like it was before.

No queuing for 6+ hours solid to get on the server you were stuck on by Bioware had much more to do with it. :)

Once you were actually on though the server performance was fine.

However when you're on now there is definate server perfomance issues. :(

i resubbed to get my coins for past months; and omf jesus christ... this game runs like ****.

unsubbed 20 mins later; everything is outdated; every other game i played while not in swtor beats the crap out of this game in performance. OLDER f2P games run better. i just didnt see the difference in the past, but logging from GW2 into this game was like " *** !" sadly is the only Star Wars mmo out there.

Ahahhah, GW2 sux bad. Ithrew away my box. Go back there into the biggest boredom ever.

INB4 the biodrones tell you they have never had any lag and they are still using a commodore 64 with 512 baud modem. It must be on your end.

Bio Drone reporting in playing on 50 MB/s Fiber on a iMac [not exactly optimal gaming rig]

Noticed the lag on Fleet a bit

But maybe having 3 lag spikes per gaming session of 2 hours doing flash Points as of yesterday.

Progenitor usually Very Heavy to Full in the EU.

Honestly yes I have noticed it but NO it is not game breaking at all.