How many people still actively play this game?

mrdonato

I hardly log in now. Maybe to check what I am selling craft some more things to sell, do my weekly/daily and log off. Bioware have done so much to piss me off with the changes made to PvP(introducing Arenas in the same Q as reg warzones) that I have been giving all my stuff away and deleting toons so I can't ever come back.

How do you define active? Not that anyone here on the forums can give you an accurate number.

I only have time to play a few hours on the weekend and I spend maybe 1% of that time on fleet. Am I active?

I think they said about 2 million active players that log in regularly and about 10 million that log in less frequently.

I assume the first category consists of people that play several times a week while the latter... several times a month? Or have played within the last 3 months or so?

I doubt we'll ever get more clarification on how they define "active".

Well you can subtract one subscriber from the number currently subbed, a guy on the Pub Fleet about an hour ago was doing a minigame. He gave away all of his 14 million credits and I got it all, after I won all the games he said he was going to unsubscribe and for everyone to have fun

This game is just... lol

Trying to find the balance between guild wars 2 and the old republic.

Bought Guild Wars 2 last week and it just made me realise how downright horrible Bioware is with level design.

Constantly recycling the same few assets over and over while every inch of the guild wars 2 world seems to have been made with attention to detail, many great little locations to explore and be amazed by. Exploring is fun here.

While in TOR, you soon realise they have the same space port, the same orbital station, the same interiours, etc all over the galaxy. First thing you see when setting foot on a new planet is the exact same thing you saw on every other planet before it. that damn overused orbital station followed by the overused spaceport.

Bought Guild Wars 2 last week and it just made me realise how downright horrible Bioware is with level design.

Constantly recycling the same few assets over and over while every inch of the guild wars 2 world seems to have been made with attention to detail, many great little locations to explore and be amazed by. Exploring is fun here.

While in TOR, you soon realise they have the same space port, the same orbital station, the same interiours, etc all over the galaxy. First thing you see when setting foot on a new planet is the exact same thing you saw on every other planet before it. that damn overused orbital station followed by the overused spaceport.

I will agree for exploration GW2 beats the hell out of SWTOR. In other ways SWTOR is superior such as the storytelling - course I am a Star Wars fanatic so that doesn't hurt them but I still think GW2s story-telling isn't as good in the main class quests. The questing experience is very different as is the PvP and endgame from what little of GW2 I did -- no reason to not enjoy both.

I still regularly play. I don't play necessarily every day but that's cause I can't - I do at least log-in for some GTNing every day and craft stuff for alts and such. I have my next 5 alts already planned, leveling two right now -- Sniper, 2nd Jedi Knight (Sent and DS this time), Assassin (Light this time, my Sorc is evil evil), 2nd Trooper (LS this time), and Juggernaut. (much heavier dark this time, last was honor-bound light leaning).

And by planned I mean many have their mods and such in their cargo bay waiting, and outfits planned for them and some of their companions already in addition to just knowing what kind of character/personality they have.

Edited by CabelHarn

Spot on. I love exploring in GW2...I love taking my Ranger (lvl 80) into caves I've never been in. So far, in a month and half, I've explored nearly 70% of the map. I wish SWTOR had something similar. Then again, NCSoft is well known for their adventure setting in their games for individuals to strike out on their own.

Heh. I play every day and our guild is growing once again. So... I can't tell you how many but I'll go with "a bunch".

Maybe it depends on your server too though. On Harbinger we have multiple instances on most planets and the fleet Pops per instnace is always near or above 100.

Edited by Rafaman

Usually when I get on theres only around a hundred in some zones and less than 40 in others, how many players still actively play this game? Actively as in at least once every three days.

remember that you are only seeing folks online for the faction of that toon you logged in on.

add up all the folks in every zone and on each layer and then dbl it to account for folks on the other faction and you actually get fairly decent numbers.

of course its no entirely accurate by any means but it is more so then saying there is noon playing after just looking at zones and not taking into account multiple copies of zones and an entire other faction.

to OP. don't know. don't care.

why?

becasue when I run around various zones I run into people all the time - my own faction AND enemy (on planets that have both factions playing in the same zones) I still meet people in flashpoint pugs that I don't recognize right along people that I do. less so on pvp, but server only pvp has always been like that in my experience not just in SWTOR - few people and guilds you remember and recognize on sight.

so no, exact number doesn't matter to me at all.

not getting into GW2 vs TOR debate as to each their own. all I know is I got bored of GW2 before my main character could even reach lvl 20. I just created yet another new alt in SWTOR. I will admit that my guild is a major reason I'm as active as I am... on my max level characters. hanging out with them is too much fun. but even without them I'd be playing just more focused on alts, than max levels.

Usually when I get on theres only around a hundred in some zones and less than 40 in others, how many players still actively play this game? Actively as in at least once every three days.

as others in this thread have noted, that 30 or 40 is what you are seeing on your faction, there are still people on the other faction you are not seeing, and given that its spread out over many different instances and planets as well as a higher concentration on the fleets, and given that its like that on every server, there are plenty of people still active.