Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Beniboybling

On the Official News site for Star Wars a new update has been made regarding Star Wars: The Clone Wars:

'After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.'

Click here to see the video, which includes a sneak peek of one of next seasons episodes (skip to 2:15). Looks like a premonition of Order 66 and guess what? Admiral Trench is back! :D

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm trying to figure out is if there IS a next season, at least in traditional form. Obviously there's more Clone Wars coming (hopefully at least a season's worth) but will we get it weekly, or as TV movies, or DVD?

Glad to see they are going to keep up with the animation side. Ending the official "The Clone Wars" series makes sense to me. Obviously they have to move the LA Animation stuff to The Disney Channel, and having a different title for the new series will make that transition easier.

It is also nice to see, that going to Disney that they haven't shyed away from showing death or intense scenes. I actually wouldn't mind, if after they continue(same staff and all) with a Rebellion style show, in the early days of the Rebels fighting the Galatic Empire and maybe even going further and show the battles between the movies that take place.

What I'm trying to figure out is if there IS a next season, at least in traditional form. Obviously there's more Clone Wars coming (hopefully at least a season's worth) but will we get it weekly, or as TV movies, or DVD?
I doubt anything is going to change, likely the show will be moved to Disney XD and continue with Season 7, and possibly 8. But given what's been said they'll be no more than that.

I doubt anything is going to change, likely the show will be moved to Disney XD and continue with Season 7, and possibly 8. But given what's been said they'll be no more than that.

Something scared me in his video though....

"When George Lucas told me we'll be doing 100 episodes, i was shocked... 100 episodes i thought was a lot!"

Eek... Was the plan all along only to do 100?

And i was looking forward to Detours XD

The Order 66 subconcious uprising seems quite cool, i'd love to see how they handle this one...

Trench looked epic in his new cyborg do... Hmph, wonder how Dooku will react to the news...

Edited by Selenial

Something scared me in his video though....

"When George Lucas told me we'll be doing 100 episodes, i was shocked... 100 episodes i thought was a lot!"

Eek... Was the plan all along only to do 100?

And i was looking forward to Detours XD

The Order 66 subconcious uprising seems quite cool, i'd love to see how they handle this one...

Trench looked epic in his new cyborg do... Hmph, wonder how Dooku will react to the news...

Scared you, why? And yeah, it was only going to go up to 100, but before they reached the mark more seasons were 'announced'.

And Trench is awesome, I was literally jumping up and down with happiness. Gotta love your archetypal, mustache-twirly bad guy. Now he's a cyborg, he could give Grievous a run for his money! :D

Scared you, why? And yeah, it was only going to go up to 100, but before they reached the mark more seasons were 'announced'.

And Trench is awesome, I was literally jumping up and down with happiness. Gotta love your archetypal, mustache-twirly bad guy. Now he's a cyborg, he could give Grievous a run for his money! :D

I have to admit, i went all girly girl when i first saw Trench... He freaked me out :D

However he looks pretty ****** now, almost as ****** as dear Ventress (Who was on my mind very much when he mentioned Loose ends)

More appeared in this trailer than met the eye though, This showed Ahsoka was not back, which means unless this is the first episode we might not see her back for a while :(

Anyone know who these 2 Jedi are? Would be pretty cool if they, as sisters, wouldnt be seperated so anakin took them on as padawans XD However they look a little too battle ready for that....

I mean, i'm no Aubere, but thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

I know there can be too much of a good thing, but I hope this isn't just because Ep 7 is coming so 'let's clear the decks'. I'd like to see a Clone Wars style series set in The Old Republic, or maybe transition it right into the Dark Times. And a live action show. And Detours. And a new trilogy plus standalone movies. And lots more of SWTOR. And 1313. Keep it coming :)

I have to admit, i went all girly girl when i first saw Trench... He freaked me out :D

However he looks pretty ****** now, almost as ****** as dear Ventress (Who was on my mind very much when he mentioned Loose ends)

More appeared in this trailer than met the eye though, This showed Ahsoka was not back, which means unless this is the first episode we might not see her back for a while :(

Anyone know who these 2 Jedi are? Would be pretty cool if they, as sisters, wouldnt be seperated so anakin took them on as padawans XD However they look a little too battle ready for that....

I mean, i'm no Aubere, but thats just my opinion :rolleyes:

Yeah, Trench is a little messed up. But that only adds to his creepy appeal, I mean a cyborg spider? Can you get any scarier than that? Wait, what? He's a sadistic, military genius as well? Holy #&%@! :jawa_wink:

And about those Jedi, the real question is, what race are they? I don't recognise them at all so it may be an entirely new race, TCW series has done that on multiple occasions before. But hey, I'm no Aurbere, lol.

EDIT: What do you guys think of this? Its not an animated series but a possible live-action series set during the Dark Times. Could be very cool if they ever decide to do it.

Edited by Beniboybling

Yeah, Trench is a little messed up. But that only adds to his creepy appeal, I mean a cyborg spider? Can you get any scarier than that? Wait, what? He's a sadistic, military genius as well? Holy #&%@! :jawa_wink:

And about those Jedi, the real question is, what race are they? I don't recognise them at all so it may be an entirely new race, TCW series has done that on multiple occasions before. But hey, I'm no Aurbere, lol.

EDIT: What do you guys think of this? Its not an animated series but a possible live-action series set during the Dark Times. Could be very cool if they ever decide to do it.

Think of what? There is no link!

There's going to be a 7, 8 and 9.

Also, someone posted that it was the end of the Clone Wars series (as the name of the show) but I don't think so. They still had the Clone Wars logo at the end of the video.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Pingonaut

Weird thing is, earlier in the series they were very adamant; the clones were not programmed like droids. I wonder what's going on here...

Force-sensitive? Can that happen with clones if the person who was cloned wasn't Force-sensitive?

He saw that the Devs are going easier on people so hes resorted to trolling :jawa_cool:
Lol sorry, the link is there now.

There's going to be a 7, 8 and 9.
Really, got a source? I mean a tried to find some stuff but I could only speculate.

Weird thing is, earlier in the series they were very adamant; the clones were not programmed like droids. I wonder what's going on here...
If I recall correctly that was what the clones say, but as always they have been deceived by the dark side! :jawa_evil:

It's certainly interesting to see them exploring the nature of Order 66.

If I recall correctly that was what the clones say, but as always they have been deceived by the dark side! :jawa_evil:

It's certainly interesting to see them exploring the nature of Order 66.

No, all clone-centric novels and other media (including earlier episodes of TCW) said the clones weren't programmed because if they were, why not buy an army of droids instead? They need free-thinkers who aren't hindered by a program.

Really, got a source? I mean a tried to find some stuff but I could only speculate.

From 1:00 and further into the video he references episode 7 and how he never thought there was going to be a 7, 8 and 9 and now there are. Though I've just assumed and heard around that it would be a trilogy, not just 2 more movies, because that's how they roll.

Edited by Pingonaut

No, all clone-centric novels and other media (including earlier episodes of TCW) said the clones weren't programmed because if they were, why not buy an army of droids instead? They need free-thinkers who aren't hindered by a program.
I expect the programming was minor and subconscious. You know like those hypnotist folk who say magic words and make you fall asleep (which probably isn't real.) So the Clones aren't essentially programmed, they just have a subconscious program that can be activated at any time and it takes control of their mind. These are clones after all and their minds can be altered, by subtly enough so it doesn't turn them into mindless machines.

I expect the programming was minor and subconscious. You know like those hypnotist folk who say magic words and make you fall asleep (which probably isn't real.) So the Clones aren't essentially programmed, they just have a subconscious program that can be activated at any time and it takes control of their mind. These are clones after all and their minds can be altered, by subtly enough so it doesn't turn them into mindless machines.

Does it take control or just affect their decisions with extreme patriotism?

From 1:00 and further into the video he references episode 7 and how he never thought there was going to be a 7, 8 and 9 and now there are. Though I've just assumed and heard around that it would be a trilogy, not just 2 more movies, because that's how they roll.
Oh, yeah that's for sure. But I was talking about the Clone Wars Seasons 7, 8 and 9. Not the films.

Does it take control or just affect their decisions with extreme patriotism?
From that clip, it looks like it takes control. But I expect that in the immediate aftermath of the event such factors come into play. Purely because of how they have been engineered to be loyal to the Republic, they won't feel remorse for the act.