Lack of Variety in PVP is the biggest issue IMO(constructive)

VoidSpectre

Don't get me wrong I like warzones and they can be extremely fun. I'm having a great time now, but I think for staying power there needs to be variety in the types of PVP people can participate in. I don't know how well anyone can see them selves only PVPing inside the same 4 or 5(if they release another one) warzones for months, even if they love the PVP like I do.

Right now we only have warzones.

Some games have warzones, open world, RVR, arena, . Let's address what we can do to fix all of these absences

1: Open world PVP: Make a cross faction daily area. Right now all the questing and even dailies are entirely too separate. We need something that gets players of both factions in the same area every day because they want to do these dailies for whatever reward. The Rakghoul plague had this briefly on Tatooine but was unfortunately just an event.

2: RVR: Ilum is the best possible place for this. Make it smaller, make objectives matter, make the fortress able to be sieged and you will have something many players love to participate in.

3: Arena: A single 4v4 bracket with a map or 2 and no rewards would be simple and not upset the arena haters.

Warzones are great but people who like PVP usually like more than just one kind. The solution to PVP content isn't just pump out more warzones and rated warzones, because that still leaves something to be desired in other areas. Variety please.

Edited by VoidSpectre

Variety is coming. Bioware is late to the party but they are finally realizing they need to put more effort into their pvp game. they'll add things, they just need to play catch-up now. Better late than never, right? :p

Variety is coming. Bioware is late to the party but they are finally realizing they need to put more effort into their pvp game. they'll add things, they just need to play catch-up now. Better late than never, right? :p

yeah I hope they just don't think warzones are the only answer to increased PVP

Agree with the op...

While Warzone PvP is good, it isn't enough and shouldn't be the main PvP, it's secondary and for variety, like in Warhammer, same with rated warzones, it will be a good addition, but it's still secondary compared to big scale RvR PvP.

Also as it stands the Warzones don't have enough variety in themselves, need something like an Alterac Valley, bigger participant numbers ( full ops at least would be good ) and map size, different objective type etc and of course more Warzones in general, so we have a good rotation.

Primary PvP needs to be big scale objective based stuff, stuff that will last hours, fort sieges and stuff like that, like in Warhammer, it also creates a great community with multiple warbands/ops working together.

While I ain't interested in Arena myself, who is the best or best group etc, I don't mind it being in the game as long as they don't get stat gear, only get titles and appearance stuff and no more and isn't a priority, big scale RvR should be the number one aim.

Agree with the op...

While Warzone PvP is good, it isn't enough and shouldn't be the main PvP, it's secondary and for variety, like in Warhammer, same with rated warzones, it will be a good addition, but it's still secondary compared to big scale RvR PvP.

Also as it stands the Warzones don't have enough variety in themselves, need something like an Alterac Valley, bigger participant numbers ( full ops at least would be good ) and map size, different objective type etc and of course more Warzones in general, so we have a good rotation.

Primary PvP needs to be big scale objective based stuff, stuff that will last hours, fort sieges and stuff like that, like in Warhammer, it also creates a great community with multiple warbands/ops working together.

While I ain't interested in Arena myself, who is the best or best group etc, I don't mind it being in the game as long as they don't get stat gear, only get titles and appearance stuff and no more and isn't a priority, big scale RvR should be the number one aim.

i just don't want one aspect of PVP to be it. add all kinds IMO.

Edited by VoidSpectre

I am sad to say I cancelled my subscription. I like the PVP; I really do. But the same 4 warzones with long queues, dead open world, no RVR, and no arena are just not enough. I hope someday I can come back to this game and that on that day they have some abundant PVP content. Until they I will probably lurk these forums occasional and check out GW2 even though I didn't really want to(at least they have different kinds of PVP)

Don't get me wrong I like warzones and they can be extremely fun. I'm having a great time now, but I think for staying power there needs to be variety in the types of PVP people can participate in. I don't know how well anyone can see them selves only PVPing inside the same 4 or 5(if they release another one) warzones for months, even if they love the PVP like I do.

Right now we only have warzones.

Some games have warzones, open world, RVR, arena, . Let's address what we can do to fix all of these absences

1: Open world PVP: Make a cross faction daily area. Right now all the questing and even dailies are entirely too separate. We need something that gets players of both factions in the same area every day because they want to do these dailies for whatever reward. The Rakghoul plague had this briefly on Tatooine but was unfortunately just an event.

2: RVR: Ilum is the best possible place for this. Make it smaller, make objectives matter, make the fortress able to be sieged and you will have something many players love to participate in.

3: Arena: A single 4v4 bracket with a map or 2 and no rewards would be simple and not upset the arena haters.

Warzones are great but people who like PVP usually like more than just one kind. The solution to PVP content isn't just pump out more warzones and rated warzones, because that still leaves something to be desired in other areas. Variety please.

its because there is no open world pvp or at leats no point to open world pvp. ive sujested a great idea in my sig link on how they could salvage Illum for some awesome open world pvp.

its because there is no open world pvp or at leats no point to open world pvp. ive sujested a great idea in my sig link on how they could salvage Illum for some awesome open world pvp.

yeah I wonder if it's too late? will they be able to salvage world PVP. can they have any RVR or arena and keep the PVPers? many people left. I am leaving. I want to come back I just don't see why I should with such a shallow PVP system. Even though I absolutely love the classes and the combat

I too have unsubbed it simlpy makes me sad panda to login to Server now with few pops in the very limited pvp.

As gal said there have been many suggestions as guy said development takes time. It is very much time to forget about SWTOR and come back many months later to see what's changed, quite a few other games coming out to try I can honestly say I really enjoyed the first 3 months, but not much afters.

I too have unsubbed it simlpy makes me sad panda to login to Server now with few pops in the very limited pvp.

As gal said there have been many suggestions as guy said development takes time. It is very much time to forget about SWTOR and come back many months later to see what's changed, quite a few other games coming out to try I can honestly say I really enjoyed the first 3 months, but not much afters.

I'd truly be a Sad Panda if I play the Kung-fu Panda (Loved part 1 not part 2) farmvill & poki'mon expansion of WoW.

Yeah. They tried to make it more gear grinding and less or a competitive purpose for winning which didn't help either.

League of Legends has 3 maps (where 1 is clearly the most popular, by far). And it's one of the most popular games out right now. It's not variety in the game you want; it's better competition (from ranked) and variety in people (cross-server queues).

I do not think RvR should be limited to just Illum, I would personally like to see ALL planets have their share of RvR opportunities.

And wouldn't it be great to have PvP space battles to capture space stations that then open up other areas to be capped? (Kinda like RvR in Warhammer?)

I just don't understand how they can have access to Lucas Arts resources and not have better space combat. I really expected something like X-wing as a model. That would be some serious fun PvP IMHO!

what if instead they made a ship arena thingie as a pvp area that would also ease on the loading screens while they wait for que and after wz because doing dailies and queing on belsavis is a major pain because of the long loading screen:cool:

Good post OP.

One option they could do with variety is this for huttball. If 12 Republic players are que'd up and Only 4 Empire players why not just have a mixed team? Might help with the que times and add a little variety to one of the WZ's. Not much but at least it would be a little.

Add a couple of open world pvp incentives for people to take an interest in. Maybe something like LOTRO had. If one side controlled a majority of the keeps you got a 5% xp bonus. So for a 50 it is not a big deal but if you have a bunch of friends leveling that you don't want to run through FP (insert here) at least you could help them out a bit this way by doing something you like!

Good post OP.

One option they could do with variety is this for huttball. If 12 Republic players are que'd up and Only 4 Empire players why not just have a mixed team? Might help with the que times and add a little variety to one of the WZ's. Not much but at least it would be a little.

Add a couple of open world pvp incentives for people to take an interest in. Maybe something like LOTRO had. If one side controlled a majority of the keeps you got a 5% xp bonus. So for a 50 it is not a big deal but if you have a bunch of friends leveling that you don't want to run through FP (insert here) at least you could help them out a bit this way by doing something you like!

Not a bad idea. Honestly anything to add to pvp

i think the biggest issue is there listening to the wrong crowd of people in terms of pvp

there listening to the crowd that ruined world of warcraft.you know,when you were on vent,the guy that wouldnt shut his mouth about that one piece of loot the entire raid? thats who there listening to,pvp is not about the fun in sw tor its about the gear when it should be about the fun and not the gear

but meh,ive never considered sw tor's pvp that fun anyway.its the same garbage i went thru for years in wow,anyone who's sticking with sw tor because of its pvp is wasting there time

i think the biggest issue is there listening to the wrong crowd of people in terms of pvp

there listening to the crowd that ruined world of warcraft.you know,when you were on vent,the guy that wouldnt shut his mouth about that one piece of loot the entire raid? thats who there listening to,pvp is not about the fun in sw tor its about the gear when it should be about the fun and not the gear

but meh,ive never considered sw tor's pvp that fun anyway.its the same garbage i went thru for years in wow,anyone who's sticking with sw tor because of its pvp is wasting there time

Well maybe AAA MMOs will start to realize how many subs you will lose if you don't make PVP a large priority. bioware even said that they didn't know how important it is to players until a few weeks ago. Well hopefully the game doesn't die and I can come back someday to a game with a plethora of pvp content

You are absolutely correct. +Rep

The 1.2 funneling of everyone into Instanced play for PvP was a huge downer. I was never a big WZ fan to begin with and was sorely disappointed when WZs became the only option for PvP.

Bring back some incentive for OPvP. Ilum was far from perfect, but Ilum 1.1.5 was actually pretty fun and there were a lot of good varied fights out there when the hordes no longer stuffed the place for valor farming. I actually enjoyed going to Ilum each night for OPvP while queuing for WZs. Makes no sense to me why they just took the incentive to go there away completely.

You are absolutely correct. +Rep

The 1.2 funneling of everyone into Instanced play for PvP was a huge downer. I was never a big WZ fan to begin with and was sorely disappointed when WZs became the only option for PvP.

Bring back some incentive for OPvP. Ilum was far from perfect, but Ilum 1.1.5 was actually pretty fun and there were a lot of good varied fights out there when the hordes no longer stuffed the place for valor farming. I actually enjoyed going to Ilum each night for OPvP while queuing for WZs. Makes no sense to me why they just took the incentive to go there away completely.

Yeah I don't get it. All the daoc and WAR players want meaningful RVR. Almost every PVPers likes open world. guild Wars 1 and WOW players love arena and hope that is in every game. I have almost never seen anyone who loves war zone/battleground/war front type pvp the most yet that is how they think this game will satisfy PVPers?

how many posts have there been of people asking for RVR and posts for people asking for arena? it's a dead horse for a reason and that is because MMOs that want to have a PvP player base should have some or even all of this

That's all well and good but Ilum was a disaster for a combined reason of both the devs and the players who chose to deliberately exploit. I put a healthy portion of the blame on the players. In another thread someone was stating how there's a non exploit trick to get War Hero gear. If it's not how it was intended to be achieved it's an exploit and I for one no matter how much matches I may loose will not stoop to that level.