Dantooine H2 solo

Mongorr

- Use a ranged companion.

- Maintain boss aggro.

- Avoid it's one AOE attack, it only has one attack.

- Grab a Missile, the highlighted box.

- Fire and break the shield, you may have to fire more than one missile.

- Attack the Boss

- Rinse and Repeat

I did that one H2, and then realized that I don't really want to do anything else on Dantooine.

My Gear: 249

Companion used: Shae lv 23

This sounds pretty reasonable. I just have to buff Shae a bit and try it with the right character. I sort of figured 248 to 250 ish in gear (average) ... so I'm not that far off. So I'm kind of looking forward to this one !

Thanks in advance !

This sounds pretty reasonable. I just have to buff Shae a bit and try it with the right character. I sort of figured 248 to 250 ish in gear (average) ... so I'm not that far off. So I'm kind of looking forward to this one !

Thanks in advance !

You are most welcome. Some things to keep in mind:

- It's best to set your companion to heals

- The AOE does at least 18k damage per hit, about 6-8 hits or like getting hit by Shae's AOE.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

You are most welcome. Some things to keep in mind:

- It's best to set your companion to heals

- The AOE does at least 18k damage per hit, about 6-8 hits or like getting hit by Shae's AOE.

The companion setting of "heals" is pretty much where I leave them. Once in a great while I'll change it... but very rearely. I've found that it keeps them from wandering off too far... Well for the most part. they still have a tendency to get into trouble ... from time to time !

The other thing I try to watch for (though not as successful sometimes as I would like) ... is where my companions are in fact actually located.

• 1 year later...
Anyone tried the Shiny New Toy H2 recently? The walker seems impossible to beat solo. I've watched videos from last year of people doing it, almost casually walking out of the red circle when it shows up and not having to deal with anything else. I was trying to do it for the first time today, I get out of the AoE immediately, sometimes force speed out of it and still take huge damage anyways. And when the AoE isn't almost killing you, the walker has another attack that makes sure you won't survive the next AoE. Plus it cheats and uses both attacks right through buildings where it should have lost line of sight.

I just found out today you can buy those influence boost to 50 from a vendor on the fleet for a little over 4 mill and 3 Dark Project MK-1 which are like 788k on my server, makes me cringe I bought a few off the gtn for 50 mill. Spent around 16 mill and got 3 comps to 50 way better deal, ya I know companion gifts are really free but they take so long.

Anyone tried the Shiny New Toy H2 recently? The walker seems impossible to beat solo. I've watched videos from last year of people doing it, almost casually walking out of the red circle when it shows up and not having to deal with anything else. I was trying to do it for the first time today, I get out of the AoE immediately, sometimes force speed out of it and still take huge damage anyways. And when the AoE isn't almost killing you, the walker has another attack that makes sure you won't survive the next AoE. Plus it cheats and uses both attacks right through buildings where it should have lost line of sight.

I usually put a group together, as it's fresh, the group usually fills up fast.

But if you go it alone, a ranged comp is best, and when trying to get out of the red, jump as well as run, sometimes the system still has you inside the red, even after you get out of it, same with the ops boss in the rak tunnels.

I did the Hugo one tonight with 3 dps and a healer comp. The comp died immediately lol was 50 influence but that probably didn't matter much, I think it was cause she is melee. We killed it so I wasn't able to try with a ranged one. We had 2 assassins and a sniper. The other sin stealthed to the boss and we ran as far as we could get and he rezed us at the very back. It was pretty close we ended up beating it the other assassin died at the last second, I was at like 10% wasn't watching the snipers hp was probably better than ours since he was ranged. Think if I have to use a comp and we have a ranged let them pop theirs cause even with a ranged one for yourself it will still be in melee range cause the cave isn't that big.

Then the hostage one we just payed the 15 mill to complete it lol.Was hoping for a DS option being a sith to execute the guy anyways lol.

Yes, similar encounter. My companion was one-shotted even outside the AOE. I lasted 2 shots from the cannon, the killing shot was through a building wall - I bravely ran away to the building ;-) . I have a feeling that the AOE attack was having an effect even outside its area.

Edited by Fluffometer

It seemed no different than before to me. Get a ranged healer out. Put your comp on passive. I like to get behind the walker and get aggro before undoing the passive command so my comp stays back there during the encounter (make sure you and your comp aren't in the circle when you undo passive. It's a really good idea to keep moving at all times so you won't be in the red circle at all and will avoid taking damage. I usually just circle the walker until the shield comes back up. When it does, I head to grab the rocket knowing that circle is coming, so I just zig and zag until it drops the circle, grab the rocket and fire it (knowing at this point another circle is coming any moment). Get in as much damage as you can before the shield goes up (interrupt the cast if you can to get a few more hits in first) and repeat.

If your comp dies early which happens usually only at the beginning from making a mistake, You need to avoid taking damage by not standing still. Just circle the walker and use lower damage abilities if you need to. If you have any abilities that increase your health, taking damage is less of an issue. Just expect the encounter to take a little longer

You can also use "Unity" at the beginning to lower any damage taken from setting up.

It’s actually easier than it used to be. My wife and I did all 3 danto heroics tonight and agree things are easier.

The difference is the performance of the mechanics are working as they were designed and comps aren’t lagging in position like they used to.

I don’t think they’ve made the bosses or mobs weaker or anything, it just feels like they fixed some performance issues and now the heroics play as they were intended.

The key to soloing this fight is pretty simple.

If you are ranged, use a melee healer.

If you are melee, use a ranged healer.

The problem people are having is their ranged healer is being killed right at the beginning because it gets targeted and won't move out of the red circle.

That's why you they need to start with their comp on passive and make sure to run out of and beyond the circle before putting their comp back to normal. After that first attack, the walker should focus on the player.

I did the Hugo one tonight with 3 dps and a healer comp. The comp died immediately lol was 50 influence but that probably didn't matter much, I think it was cause she is melee. We killed it so I wasn't able to try with a ranged one. We had 2 assassins and a sniper. The other sin stealthed to the boss and we ran as far as we could get and he rezed us at the very back. It was pretty close we ended up beating it the other assassin died at the last second, I was at like 10% wasn't watching the snipers hp was probably better than ours since he was ranged. Think if I have to use a comp and we have a ranged let them pop theirs cause even with a ranged one for yourself it will still be in melee range cause the cave isn't that big.

Then the hostage one we just payed the 15 mill to complete it lol.Was hoping for a DS option being a sith to execute the guy anyways lol.

The trick with the Hugo heroic is the gold star mobs. They walk back and forth. So you have to make sure you get one group at a time or you can pull multiple groups at once.

If you do accidentally pull too many. Just run for the entrance to the tunnel so you don’t die. When you go back in, all the ones you killed will still be dead.

With Hugo him self, just keep an eye on everyone’s health and who ever is closest to the med mods should grab it if needed because it heals the group. I’ve never die killing Hugo.

The problem people are having is their ranged healer is being killed right at the beginning because it gets targeted and won't move out of the red circle.

That's why you they need to start with their comp on passive and make sure to run out of and beyond the circle before putting their comp back to normal. After that first attack, the walker should focus on the player.

You need to keep them on passive for the first bit till he drops the red circle and make sure you aren’t standing in it. Then take them off passive and make sure you do enough damage that the you hold the agro and the boss won’t target them. But if he does, just be fast with the companion passive button.