Oceanic Servers plans?

Aztang

After alot of discussion for the past week with people from all servers I think this will be the best option and in my opinion it should be like this:

PvE-RP server Dalborra, Gav folds and merges RP gets a special chat channel and the ignore button solves all problems.

PvP server remains with the option of transfers going both ways, this is so that we have a PvP server for one day when this game finds it feets the numbers will return and we dotn want to go into server wait times but have the ability to spill over in return to the PvP server.

As with all problems stated above, either solutions are made by individuals or sacrifices will be made as there is nothing but positives outweighing the minor negatives to this server merger.

Please do raise awareness on each individual server as to this thread. With the support of the community hopefully this solution can come into affect to allow those members of the community who wish to continue.

**Also Note** please do not flood this thread with off topic discussion please only state if you support the idea or do not support the idea and give reason's.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvP server remains with the option of transfers going both ways, this is so that we have a PvP server for one day when this game finds it feets the numbers will return and we dotn want to go into server wait times but have the ability to spill over in return to the PvP server.

I disagree with this. You can keep the server and just lock it so no new character can be created on it, I think everyone should be auto transferred to the other server though. No point in keeping half a population on the least populated server out of the three. I mean the PVP server stands to gain the most out of this merger really, it's the least populated by far.

I disagree with this. You can keep the server and just lock it so no new character can be created on it, I think everyone should be auto transferred to the other server though. No point in keeping half a population on the least populated server out of the three. I mean the PVP server stands to gain the most out of this merger really, it's the least populated by far.

Sorry i should have been more clear.

The PvE server and the PvP server remain important too so many people where the PvE people shouldn't be forced onto a server where they are vulnerable to being ganked whereas the PvPers can simply toggle the PvP option and continue to what they are used too so I agree that the PvP server should be locked until the numbers are there to fill both servers. But this is only an option to the PvP server members should they be happy with the positives of a server merge compared to the negatives.

Agreed, a merge is necessary for APAC servers. But I believe they will wait how the population increases with F2P before doing anything.

I think that may be the case too.

But I think this would be a horrendous decision from a business POV.

They're kidding themselves if they don't think GW2 will not have it's hefty amount of unsubbers. I know multiple good guilds that are gonna be heading off Master Dar'Nala, and when this happens, Master Dar'Nala is gonna head south, and in a timely fashion, why Master? Cause predominately it's a PVP orientated servers, GW2 is what is said to be the PVP'ers game. So on top of folks unsubbing cause of GW2, it's gonna make the folks at Master Dar'Nala doomsay, and leave themselves.

Me personally? I love swtor, and I'll 100 percent ride it to death, or glory.

Worst case scenario of merge and f2p becomes successful?

Bioware throws Master Dar'Nala back up, gg. There is really so little cons, and many pro's.

I have been talking to people about this for a couple of months as well and I think the best solution is to merge all 3 servers into a single PVE (Dalborra?) server with a dedicated RP chat channel.

As it stands now there isnt much if any world PVP that is happening that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong) and I would say even the most dedicated PVP player would be happier to have warzones pop regularly and run around flagged for PVP in open world if they wanted to (even on Dalborra a lot of people do this already) and actually get some ranked Warzones going again, it has become almost impossible to get a ranked Warzone on Dalborra in the last month unless you are in "Cake is Real" or "MVP"

I think most people think the biggest problem with the game at the moment is population not what rule set the server is, over the last 3 weeks I have noticed a large drop off in the number of people playing and I think until we get some new content this trend will only continue and a lot probably will never come back :(

Id even be happy to go back to The Harbinger if it meant we had more people to play with :(

Edited by DavydM

I completely support this as well. The PVP'ers will benefit from more frequent pops and more players to compete against. Open world PVP on all servers would thrive from an increased number of willing participants. RP'ers can continue to RP with RP guilds and channels.

And I'm sure many players who have let their subscriptions run out would resub to experience the new merged server.

I think a merger of the three servers is in order. I do have a query regarding those people in the customer help forums with difficulties connecting to dalborra?

I also volunteer to spend 3-4 hours a day helping encourage people to NOT troll any Roleplayers that reside on a combined server.

The problem connecting to Dalborra was fixed about 3 weeks ago (for everyone as fas a I know) I no longer need to use WTFast to logon and everything seems to have gone back to normal :)

as it stands several of the top guild (cake, face , gimp, mvp ect ect) on dalborra do go out of there way to have events like faceoffs and gankfests in tatooine and blackhole and even ilum, so there is no real shortage of pvp on our server

Wont happen as much when gw 2 comes out. :/

Merge pls

One item you seem to be forgetting. Name changes.

For most RPers name changes are an anathema.

Might want to throw that into your considerations.

Yeah unfortnately name changes are inevitable - but when I moved my 5 characters from The Harbinger over I only had 1 conflict and that was easy to get around - so not the biggest game breaker and after all wouldnt you much rather have more people to play with?

Hello from Europe.

Just looked at this post out of curiosity really. But having read it, I feel that EU and you Aussies are in the same boat. Dedicated local server farms and customer services for a dwindling population.

The cynic in me doesnt hold much hope of a server merge for you guys,I think that pretty soon, the nxt announcement will be free server transfers for you to US servers and server migration to the US server farms for all EU servers. EA/BW are looking to maximise profit and by closing down the overseas operations will save them lots of cash.Plus, if they then sell on said farms they can recoup more money. Sounds brutal but I bet u its under discussion. Turbine did it with LOTRO and EA/BW seem to be following a similar path.

Hello from Europe.

Just looked at this post out of curiosity really. But having read it, I feel that EU and you Aussies are in the same boat. Dedicated local server farms and customer services for a dwindling population.

The cynic in me doesnt hold much hope of a server merge for you guys,I think that pretty soon, the nxt announcement will be free server transfers for you to US servers and server migration to the US server farms for all EU servers. EA/BW are looking to maximise profit and by closing down the overseas operations will save them lots of cash.Plus, if they then sell on said farms they can recoup more money. Sounds brutal but I bet u its under discussion. Turbine did it with LOTRO and EA/BW seem to be following a similar path.

I sincerely hope not. They would have to still have some "dedicated" servers for people in our time zone to join, otherwise people will be going all over the shop, they'll login at 7:30pm AEST and find 2 people on the server at the same time. Not to mention the number of people that will simply up and leave from the feeling of betrayal from EA/BW.

I do hope that BW looks seriously at merging the 3 Oceanic Servers. I roll on Dallborra. My main focus "in-game" is PvP, and working the GTN. At this stage I am not to fussed on running Flashpoints, and Raids. As far as I am concerned it would be nice to have one Mega Server for people in Southern Hempishere countries.

I sincerely hope not. They would have to still have some "dedicated" servers for people in our time zone to join, otherwise people will be going all over the shop, they'll login at 7:30pm AEST and find 2 people on the server at the same time. Not to mention the number of people that will simply up and leave from the feeling of betrayal from EA/BW.

Not just the time zone, the incredible ping, relinquishing this incredible service would be 100 percent disastrous

Do want server merges here.

When transfers came up, there was always 2 instances of fleet on MDN (PvP server), which slowly went down to 200 people, then down to 150, and now we are at about 50-60 most nights. Would love to see these servers come together.

Yeah slap PVE/PVP together for sure.

While there is the added fun and worry of the possibility of getting you head smooshed in by a higher level on Tatooine and such, it doesn't really happen all that often. I think i have only run into a purposeful ganking group twice since being on the AU servers.

I think it also really adds to the game, like the vendor battle at the end of the Rakghoul event:

But yeah MDN is really getting low now, noticably, and it seems to be light when the other two are standard on occasions :(

Do want server merges here.

When transfers came up, there was always 2 instances of fleet on MDN (PvP server), which slowly went down to 200 people, then down to 150, and now we are at about 50-60 most nights. Would love to see these servers come together.

That suxs guys - where still getting 150ish on fleet during the evenings on Dalborra and you can still get a lvl 50 Warzone pop after midnight, then most people tend to switch to lowbie warzones and they still pop through most of the night, only gets really dead in the wee hours around 3-5am

Just want to find out what Bioware is planning with the oceanic servers as with the US we are experiencing a declining population which is getting worse and with the launch of GW2 soon its going to push more people away with a lack of people to play with/against.

I feel its pretty late to be bringing this up but I hope Bioware has seen this and planned already for it. I approached the RP server and feel merging the PvE and RP to a PVE-RP server would be best and also allowing transfers from the PvP server to the new amalgamation server would be a great effort at bolstering numbers and confidence in the game.

Bringing together all those who wish to continue playing will be the best effort to put confidence in those who wish to remain with this game until it finds it's feet and until the numbers start returning as so many have shown the intention of coming back at the release of new content and with the maturity of the game coming in time.

i can prove it,

my friend is there,

last week, he just rerolled to US server,

pity.