Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Best kiting class = sages / sorcs. So stop crying, use the spec with roots on knockbakcs and you will se healing is getin hier then fully healer, lame BW fault. That should be a talent up in the dps tree.

2. Scoundrels / operatives. Best atm with the hybrid spec that alllow them to crit over 5k melle as healers. Imposible to kill in 70% of 1v1. The 2X4 sec stuns are OP. In first 4 sec he pop all GCD and u drop to 40% in best occasions, then u get the aoe stun and he goes vanish for heals, then reopen and u die. When u face them u are force to use trinket asap or u die even faster.

3. PT most annoying.

4. Marauders. Thios they seems nerfed stelthy lately.

That is all.

Updated.

The crate in the Huttball pit

Nerf operatives

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Powertech / Vanguard

Marauder / Sentinel

Operative heal / Scoundrel heal

Juggernaut / Guardian

Sniper / Gunslinger

Merc/Commando is on the appropriate place in this list I think.

I disbelieved about the Exile being powerful as well until I got my hands on a copy of the KOTOR Campaign Guide(sourcebook) after someone directed me to it to learn more about The Exile . Given the level of canon that the sourcebook is...yeah, she's more powerful than Revan and had a larger,farther reaching impact on the galaxy as a whole than he did.

you still dont seem to understand that revan could in an instant completely destroy the exile and scourge. the others i kind of have to give you according to canon. but while both revan and the exile had humongous impacts on the galaxy, revan is vastly more powerful than meetra surik. meetra surik is extremely cool(some would say more so than revan). but she is nowhere near as powerful as he is, or even was during the mando wars and as a sith lord. again, i think either you have never read the revan novel(hate what they did with meetra but at the same time it almost felt appropriate) or seriously need to re-read it.

and whats with this about operatives being op out of nowhere when i had heard the nerfs had about killed them cept for healer, so i just rerolled one because i like a class thats a challenge that i enjoy the playstyle of(while i tend to hate with a passion stealth classes, operatives have what, 1 opener from stealth and a vanish? thats not too bad, most of the damage will be dealt out of stealth anyways so it works for me

I have never posted and played Sentinel/Marauder (both) since I joined Feb 2012. The only changes of substance I have seen so far are

1) Watchman has its force camp nerfed somewhat (no 100% protection)

2) Combat has been buffed couple of times (Gore/Precision slash off GCD, couple of things I forget).

What happened to Sentinels that took them from bottom to top of list? Was it

a) Other classes got nerfed

b) A small people learned to play them extremely well (and I have to admit in right hands, and with opponents who refuse to CC ... devastating)

c) People just hate lightsabers?

Reynaldo/KarlosV (Sentinel/Marauder), Batrastard (Smuggler)... Server C Ordo

you still dont seem to understand that revan could in an instant completely destroy the exile and scourge. the others i kind of have to give you according to canon. but while both revan and the exile had humongous impacts on the galaxy, revan is vastly more powerful than meetra surik. meetra surik is extremely cool(some would say more so than revan). but she is nowhere near as powerful as he is, or even was during the mando wars and as a sith lord. again, i think either you have never read the revan novel(hate what they did with meetra but at the same time it almost felt appropriate) or seriously need to re-read it.

I've read it and I get were you are coming from, I put it down to Revan's creator writing the book and displaying favoritism and minimizing Meetra and making Revan more of a BAMF than he is. The Sourcebook makes it seem that Meetra is more powerful. Just another case of conflicting sources in SW canon.

1 being a hello kitty push over and 10 equals Deebo.

Operative / Soundrel - 8

Sorcerer / Sage - 1

Mercenary / Commando - lol free hk kills*

Powertech / Vanguard - 10

Juggernaut / Guardian - 10

Assassin / Shadow - they used to rock but now they are a 4.

Marauder / Sentinel - 8

Sniper / Gunslinger - 8

*i notice most of my ignore list in wz are commandos. they do crap dmg and get rolled with ease. i guess when you suck as much as this class spamming chat in a wz is their only option.

I've read it and I get were you are coming from, I put it down to Revan's creator writing the book and displaying favoritism and minimizing Meetra and making Revan more of a BAMF than he is. The Sourcebook makes it seem that Meetra is more powerful. Just another case of conflicting sources in SW canon.

well he is quite a BAMF...but still, having not read the handbook that you're referring to myself, i suppose i cant really say anything. however i would say that it most likely is referring to the actual game powers of the characters, rather than story wise, seeing as how she would in the game easily become more powerful than revan due to the fact that revan is capped at level 20 in the first game and meetra can get much higher than that if you were to do a lot of sidequests and such. though i cant know that for certain, that is just my guess. even before he became the extremely powerful redeemed revan, he was still powerful enough back before he even became darth revan to inspire extreme loyalty and, while i cant quote it, im almost certain that the exile at some time the exile claimed revans power to be awe-inspiring. again, cant quote it, could be totally off on that, but it seems like i remember that. i loved the revan novel, but i must say it was a rather unsatisfying end to two very well written and developed characters. meetras end is even worse, though i accept that its probably more "realistic"(if thats even a factor at all in a universe with space cowboys and magicians wielding oversized glowsticks?), it was still rather unsatisfying. all i can hope is that since they didnt kill him, that they bring revan back as a level 50 ops boss(he had just gone 300 years in a prison using all his willpower to keep the emperor at bay as best he could, and he hadnt had much combat practice since then...i think he needed a bit of a warmup.). but i doubt they will do that as they want you to feel heroic and more powerful than revan, which i can understand. but they had better bring him back as somethign more than a mid level flashpoint boss since they left him alive. doesnt have to be a 50 ops boss but something. maybe a boss in the sith warrior story act 4 or something? idk.

anyways, now that that little debate is about over with, i ask again, why are people calling ops op again? just saw another post about it. kept hearing they were underpowered so i rolled one for a challenge and now out of nowhere they are beasts again. what are people just talking about their heal spec or something???

• 5 months later...
Honestly, it all depends on what warzone your doing or if it's open pvp. Put together a team of sorcs, juggernauts, and powertechs and you've got a great huttball team but due to their lack of mobility agents/smugglers aren't as useful for the objectives. For Void Star Juggs aren't that useful other than for soaking up the damage for a healer but on the other hand agents and smugglers really shine. Finally, in world pvp Snipers/Gunslingers can really shine due to being able to finally take advantage of their range.

Above all else what matters is how skilled the player behind the class is. I've seen some sorcs that are completely useless in Huttball and some snipers that were absolute beasts in it.

What's this? Everyone can be useful if they just L2P?

Well gosh darn just delete 98% of the threads in this forum ffs

ALSO: lol at "gosh darn" filter. That's like Agent Sector turning *********** into duckling

let's see what this one does with it

ALSO ALSO: Just a bunch of lame *** stars. They don't even match up with the number of characters. Booo.

ALSO ALSO ALSO: That last one matched up.

Edited by Arlanon

Classes In order -

1. Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior
  2. Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor
  3. Smuggler / Imperial Agent
  4. Trooper / Bounty Hunter

Why? Well honestly overall the classes are balanced, although at the moment JK/SW has a slight advantage with Smash being an option for PvP. JC/SIN comes in a close second with amazing heal potential, bubble burst and great all around AOE damage and CC's. Smugg/Agent edges out Troop/BH slightly in my humble opinion due to their ability to stealth and put out some great single target damage. All things equal, Trooper/BH doesn't bring enough to the table to top this list. It is far too easy to stop all their damage (interrupt missiles / grav round) and without much for cc's its far too easy to bring these guys down, even with heavy armor. If they set up as a tank they last a lot longer but their dps is laughable at that point.

Advanced Classes in order -

1. Sentinel/Marauder
  2. Sage/Sorcerer
  3. Shadow/Assassin
  4. Gunslinger/Sniper
  5. Commando/Mercenary
  6. Scoundrel/Operative
  7. Vanguard/Powertech
  8. Guardian/Juggernaut

Obviously there is a lot of data here, far too much for one simple answer. My general opinion is as above. Sent/Mara just has too much damage atm to not be at the top of the list. Sage/Sorc has great cc and again is one (if not the best) warzone heals due to force speed, bubble, aoe heals and great cc. Shadow/Assa brings up the middle of the pack with great node guarding potential and decent burst. Bringing up the bottom of the list in my opinion is Slingers/Mandos/Scounds/Vans and Guardians. They all perform nicely at what they do, although they have a slight disadvantage compared to the tops.

Specific builds in order (not all, just some I am familiar with:)

Sage / Sorc - Momentum / Conduction

Sage / Sorc - Balance / Madness

Shadow / Assassin - Balance / Madness

Sage / Sorc - Hybrid

Sniper - Marksmanship

Sniper - Lethality

Sniper - Marks Eng

Shadow / Assassin - One / Blood

Shadow / Assassin - Infiltration / Deception

Sage / Sorc - Suffusion

Mercenary Arsenal

Gunslinger - Dirty Fightning

Sniper - Engineering

Scoundrel / Operative - Dirty Fighting / Concealment

Scoundrel / Operative - Scrapper / Lethality

Gunslinger - Sharpshooter / Sharp Sabo / Saboteur

Sage / Sorc - Telekinetics / Lightning

From best to worst, based on the assumption that the AC is played and speced to its' full potential and performing the task it's best at:

Scoundrel/Operative (healer) - Totally OP.

Asassin/shadow - I'm glad that not more people have figured this one out.

Jugg/Guardian - Does the job.

Mara/sent - Good class. Amazing class when grouped with other maras/sents.

PT/VG -Sniper/Gunslinger - Can't decide between these two.

Scoundrel/Operative dps - Yes, I believe that a scoundrel/operative dps is better at performing the tasks it's designed for than sorc/sage is at healing.

Sorc/sage healer

Merc/commando healer

Sorc/sage dps - Good numbers but can't do anything solo. Has to rely on a barricade of team mates to be able to perform and isnt even a great dps in that situation.

Merc/Commando dps- Simply broken

Sorc/sage dps - Good numbers but can't do anything solo. Has to rely on a barricade of team mates to be able to perform and isnt even a great dps in that situation.

Merc/Commando dps- Simply broken

I have all 8 classes in the game and all 16 AC's. My favorite is my Sage DPS which I can assure you with the addition of the instant heal can now hold its own in pvp. On my sage (full WH) I average around 400k dmg with 150k heals a match. That is with 50+ kills, 15+ killing blows, and around 3 to 10 solo kills.

Now granted I now know how to play this class (treat it as a hit and run/ sniper) but still I would never say that it cannot solo.... with bubble, force stun, knockback, force speed, an interrupt, an instant heal, fast cast heals if needed I average 1 death a warzone... thats right 1 death with near top chart numbers.

I think all classes have this potential if played by players who know them.

Best Advanced Classes for PvP (using Imperial classes but Republic mirrors are implied)

1. Marauder - 3 excellent dps trees: 2 single target, 1 aoe. unfortunately, the smash craze leads most morons to forego the most important buff in game.
  2. Operative - head and shoulders best healer class in game. Concealment and Dot spec are average. This is all about heals.
  3. Assassin - most versatile class in the game. tremendous burst. sprint and stealth are huge utilities in all WZs.
  4. sniper - only range dps class that seems, to me, to have been designed well.
  5. PT - pyro is super single target dps. about equal to a good carnarge mara. but the tank is easily the worst and 1.4 really nerfed PT's effectiveness against ranged units. now only good for healers and melee.
  6. juggernaut - smash dps is great, but mara does it better. jugg is, however, the best peel tank in game. not a node guarder, but if you run just one tank, you really want it to be a jugg.
  7. sorc - they lack the survivability of operatives, but they do monster healing. I'm ignoring the bubble stun crap cuz I expect that to see a nerf. the dot spec does great overall dmg, but I'd rather have a sniper.
  8. mercenary - healers are ok, but they're the worst output of the 3 ACs. pyro is ok, but it lacks the utility or defenses of a sniper, so why not sniper? and tracer spam is the worst pvp spec in the game...followed probably buy lightning spam.

Edited by foxmob

Kill/Remove order in group play, for me, looks something like this:

1. Operative (these do too much damage to be left alone, they are squishy enough to prioritize over healers)

2. Healing sorc (leaving this alone means everything takes 3-10 times longer to kill)

3. Sniper (...unless you like getting orbital bombardment dropped on you)

4. Healing Operative (ever get that thing where everything you attack drops to around 30% and stops taking damage?)

5. DPS Mercenary, DPS Sorc (Leaving this alone means you're eating tracer missiles and lightning, but hitting them turns off their damage)

6. Non-tank sin, marauder, DPS Jug (these do enough damage to require attention, hitting on them usually doesn't change their damage output till they are dead.)

7. Healing Mercenary (While I've seen these put down some good healing numbers focusing on them over squishier DPS is like beating on a tank, its cost-prohibitive to try to kill these first, CC and move on, unless there are 3 DPS assisting on it.)

8. Tank Sin, non-tank Powertech (non-squishy targets with good sustained DPS. These have CDs that cause you to fail CC and reduce damage, so pay attention with your DPS and CC cooldowns)

9. Tank Powertech, Tank Jug. (targets with low damage output that take forever to kill generally should be hit last, its almost always easier to DPS a tank juggernaut by hitting his guard-target)

This seems to be one of the only accurate posts