PvP'r seeking loving PvE'r for guidance...

PvP has been my endgame since I started playing this game in February 2012. Given the current state of PvP (see PvP forums for details :(), I've decided to gear my Marksman sniper for raiding. So far it's been a very nice change of pace. Along with that comes some changes in my skill tree which, for the most part, seem to be common sense. My biggest question is with regard to the value of Diversion in a raid setting. It can't be used on bosses, so is it worthwhile to spend that point elsewhere?

.... My biggest question is with regard to the value of Diversion in a raid setting. It can't be used on bosses, so is it worthwhile to spend that point elsewhere?

Probably :). But where would you spend it? :D

Also, the fact that it doesn't work on Operation Bosses just means that you won't use it on those. But what about all the other mobs you will encounter in the Operation? And the mobs you will encounter doing a daily? Or a Flashpoint? Reducing a mob's accuracy by 45% for 9 seconds is a big deal ;).

Keep the point in Diversion. :)

Just get field respec and do something like this for boss fights if you want to keep Diversion for trash. You can take the 2 points from Lethality and put them in Engineer's Tool Belt if more AoE is required/useful. Vital Regulators may not be worth speccing anymore if the power proc fix eliminates double-proccing through self-heals (I have no idea if this is intended).

Just get field respec and do something like this for boss fights if you want to keep Diversion for trash. You can take the 2 points from Lethality and put them in Engineer's Tool Belt if more AoE is required/useful. Vital Regulators may not be worth speccing anymore if the power proc fix eliminates double-proccing through self-heals (I have no idea if this is intended).

I currently run a spec very similar to this. I find the extra damage on my orbital is helpful as is the occasional usage of explosive probe. I have the requisite Conquerer and Partisan power relics and definitely notice the DPS when it procs, but never considered the effect on the self heals. Will have to try that this weekend, for however long it lasts...

Anyway, when running with with people who have experience, I find that mobs don't usually give us much trouble. And I can always find somewhere to jam a point.

One other question. I'm in a mix of Basic, Black Market (grinding 55 HM FPs) and Partisan Gear. Is it worthwhile to keep the four piece set bonus from the Partisan armorings or is there a point at which the benefit of the increase in Cunning and Endurance outweighs those bonuses? I manage my rotation well enough that I typically don't run into Energy issues (115).

Thanks all for your input.

Set bonus:

2pc pve or 2pc pvp

or

2pc pvp and Battlemaster 2pc pvp.

Relics:

BA and SA

Conq SA and Partisan SA going to be nerfed real soon...

Stats:

0 crit. iirc.....

Edited by paowee

Set bonus:

2pc pve or 2pc pvp

or

2pc pvp and Battlemaster 2pc pvp.

Relics:

BA and SA

Conq SA and Partisan SA going to be nerfed real soon...

Stats:

I'm not a 100% MM Sniper but from conversations here on th forums with "full time" MM Snipers, you want 0 crit...

Alas, my sniper hit 50 post-Battlemaster, but, if I remember correctly the set bonuses were tied to the shell? There may be a few pieces on the GTN...

And I should've known better with the relics with issues going back to PTS, oh well. And I've been reading the threads about crit. Very interesting but scary. My sniper was min/max war hero with some elite and accuracy was easy to come by. With the new gear that stat has taken it to the throat...

Alas, my sniper hit 50 post-Battlemaster, but, if I remember correctly the set bonuses were tied to the shell? There may be a few pieces on the GTN...

And I should've known better with the relics with issues going back to PTS, oh well. And I've been reading the threads about crit. Very interesting but scary. My sniper was min/max war hero with some elite and accuracy was easy to come by. With the new gear that stat has taken it to the throat...

the shells that you see on the gtn are blank shells they dont have anything on them cept the base armoring amount