Which space missions require space comm upgrades?

Leiralei

I've tried to do Polith Minefield about 40 times now and just can't kill the carrier at the end. All level 5 purple upgrades, power converter with power on... It's like the missiles don't even hit it at all.

Do I need proton torpedos to do it or what?

Edited by Leiralei

I've tried to do Polith Minefield about 40 times now and just can't kill the carrier at the end. All level 5 purple upgrades, power converter with power on... It's like the missiles don't even hit it at all.

Do I need proton torpedos to do it or what?

The issue with Polith Minefield is that you need to hit perfectly to take out the carrier. Wasting a single missile causes you to lose. This is difficult because that specific mission stutters right as you become able to aim at the carrier, almost imperceptibly, on some lesser end systems.

Polith Minefield is actually the hardest mission for me to finish, I can do Aeten Defense and Acendency Barrier 100% of the time, but Polith is a fifty fifty chance, if I am being positive and lying to myself about how good I am at it (I've actually only beaten it three times out of maybe twenty attempts)

So it only needs one missile per circle there? I've hit it with tons and nothing happens. Urg.

What was the mission that needs emp and ewp to complete?

No, it needs multiple missiles per circle, which is why missing once can screw you up, because to hit all of the targets you need to empty 4 missiles on one target, four on another, then four on a third, and your missiles wont reload fast enough to let you get an extra shot in if you miss.

I've only ever used EWP on Aeten Defense and Ascendency Barrier, but I use EMP on Polith Minefield up, as on Polith it clears about 110 mines in one click.