Chakras SW:TOR Storyline Videos.

OddballEasyEight

I think my current problem is that commandos just aren't that interesting to watch shoot things, and the trooper story is packed full of fights that are basically just 'guys stand and shoot at me whilst I stand and shoot at them'. The end of chapter one boss is pretty awful on that count, really. Especially when compared to the likes of, say, the agent story. So unless something significant happens, I feel like I should just cut it out.

But then, I never really figured anyone would care about watching anything I made, so I don't know.

Funny thing is tho, that most of those fights last less than 30 seconds... so including them might not be a visually stunning thing, but they still give a good connection between cutscenes.

Right now, when i watched some of your videos, i immediately noticed the lack of gameplay. This makes it kinda wierd (IHMO) when you get a mission that is something along the lines of "you have to fight those separatists guarding the weapons and then destroy the weapons" and the next scene is you reporting that you have destroyed the weapons.

A 10-20 second sequence of you just shooting a few separatists between those cutscenes would really connect them better.

But thats just my view.

Views are good. I largely started doing this just for my own sakes, and I generally didn't care for seeing a bunch of the combat. But making the whole thing more coherent to watch is a good thing to go for. Not sure I've got the volition to hide the entirity of my UI like you've been doing, though. I can barely remember where all my attacks are as it is :p At the very least, I'd like to get a rough idea as to what I feel like including before I run through the warrior and agent stories again, so I can try to do those two justice.

Well, that, and I still need to get my hands on a few outfits for both. Got a whole lot of playing dressup planned for the agent, with all the cover identities and disguises it involves. Showing up everywhere in a clandestine officer suit doesn't seem like the best idea >_>

Edited by Bleeters

Views are good. I largely started doing this just for my own sakes, and I generally didn't care for seeing a bunch of the combat. But making the whole thing more coherent to watch is a good thing to go for. Not sure I've got the volition to hide the entirity of my UI like you've been doing, though. I can barely remember where all my attacks are as it is :p At the very least, I'd like to get a rough idea as to what I feel like including before I run through the warrior and agent stories again, so I can try to do those two justice.

Well, that, and I still need to get my hands on a few outfits for both. Got a whole lot of playing dressup planned for the agent, with all the cover identities and disguises it involves. Showing up everywhere in a clandestine officer suit doesn't seem like the best idea >_>

Hehehe no, i never understood why they even had those for the agent... seems silly to be an undercover agent in a full imperial dress uniform :p

Some seriously good work, and well thought out, I keep going back to your videos to recap on what all the storylines were for each class. It's hard to remember when you take breaks in between playing. Your characters are really well developed and thought out. My only complaint or perhaps wish which I would like in your videos (only my opinion and I'm sure others wouldn't want it) would be to turn on the conversation subtitles permanently so any in game spoken words during the game cinematics will have the subtitles displayed. (Although it's probably just me as I am partially deaf and like the permanent subtitles so I can make sure I catch everything the NPCs say). I'm sure for others this would disrupt the cinematic effect.

Regardless keep up the excellent work, best of luck! :rak_03:

Some seriously good work, and well thought out, I keep going back to your videos to recap on what all the storylines were for each class. It's hard to remember when you take breaks in between playing. Your characters are really well developed and thought out. My only complaint or perhaps wish which I would like in your videos (only my opinion and I'm sure others wouldn't want it) would be to turn on the conversation subtitles permanently so any in game spoken words during the game cinematics will have the subtitles displayed. (Although it's probably just me as I am partially deaf and like the permanent subtitles so I can make sure I catch everything the NPCs say). I'm sure for others this would disrupt the cinematic effect.

Regardless keep up the excellent work, best of luck! :rak_03:

Hmm, was actually thinking about that yesterday.

The reason i have subtitles off is from the early days of the game when i started playing, i noticed that i started skipping conversations because i read the subtitles faster than the voice actors spoke.

So i turned them off.

But ill turn them on again just for you my friend :)

Of course, now that it was double xp weekend, i have so much material that you wont see subtitles for quite a while :/

Hmm, was actually thinking about that yesterday.

The reason i have subtitles off is from the early days of the game when i started playing, i noticed that i started skipping conversations because i read the subtitles faster than the voice actors spoke.

So i turned them off.

But ill turn them on again just for you my friend :)

Of course, now that it was double xp weekend, i have so much material that you wont see subtitles for quite a while :/

Thanks man I appreciate it, it's your work though do whatever works best for you. Will be watching your videos :cool:

Thanks man I appreciate it, it's your work though do whatever works best for you. Will be watching your videos :cool:

Tried it out yesterday and today. Ive moved the subtitles around a bit and placed them at the very bottom of the screen. Looks fine to me. Looks just like a subtitled move :)

Short update: I will be trying to level up as much as possible with Emirala and Calhoone on the double xp weekends. I will also try to level all the characters past the 2 starter planets (ie. the starter planet and the capital planet) so as to speed the story along and let me skip past a whole lot of content that ive done a bazillion times (ok, maby not that much, but ALOT).

This will also let me decide what characters to focus on next. The reason im focusing on Calhoone and Emirala for double xp weekends is so that i can test more blaster rifles, sniper rifles and assault cannons by getthing them both to a higher level.

four new weapon videos are up.

Im currently editing together 3 more parts of the Calhoone storyline, 3 parts of the Emirala storyline, 1 part of the Chiric storyline, the Baphometi storyline, the Karin'ya storyline, the Kazius storyline and the Riss'ha storyline,

In otherwords, you can expect 11 storyline videos popping up in short succession soon.

Especially since i cant play :/

Hurt my wrist from playing too much on my laptop. So now ive ordered a Logitech G13 to make sure that never happens again.

But for now i have to let my wrist rest. Even typing this is painful, so ill just be uploading regularly when i'm done editing...

Thanx for the Double XP Weekends Bioware! :ph_thank_you:

:tran_cool:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Hahaha why didnt i think of that?

But how do you get back in the walker after that?

I've actually ESC-d from a trooper before. You can still get off the walker just fine. The conversation actually starts inside the walker, and you're never actually standing in the spaceport. So you ESC, equip your gear, while still standing in the walker, and then talk to Gearbox. Everything will function normally.

I've actually ESC-d from a trooper before. You can still get off the walker just fine. The conversation actually starts inside the walker, and you're never actually standing in the spaceport. So you ESC, equip your gear, while still standing in the walker, and then talk to Gearbox. Everything will function normally.

Yup, checked it on my 2nd trooper :D

On an unrelated note, new video of Calhoone should be up later today. It should have been up now, but i accidentally uploaded the wrong video over night which youtube recognized as a duplicate so time to start over today :p

But ill keep editing and uploading until they are all done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And after alot of credit card problems (First BW wouldn't accept my old CC which I had used several times in the past for subscriptions in this game with no problems, and then they refused to accept my new one too, so I had to go the PayPal route), I am finally back!

Updated the front page. More stuff on the way!

Welcome back! I checked out quite a few of your videos and I really enjoyed them. I love your characters, many of which are really unique and in the nearly two year span of playing....I don't think I've ever seen anyone look similar to a few of them!

Keep the videos coming! I know I'd love to see the romance ones...lol.