60k repair bill!

Osryri

I have read your thread, starting with the OP. It's either a troll thread or you believe that you've "paid enough credits" to be able to waltz through a HM.

I wouldn't say that I am a hardcore player. I wipe quite frequently. In fact I wipe on purpose just to travel to a med center if my QT is on CD. I pay repair bills everytime I see a vender. I've actually incurred repair bills just walking between two venders ~ without ever wiping or entering combat. And I've wiped a great many times while showing new players the ropes in HM FPs.

Where I don't wipe is in HM FPs while grouped with 3 players who have the free Tionese gear and actually know the boss fight mechanics.

If a "few" wipes are costing you 60K there are a limited number of possibilities.

1. You are in super expensive gear & wiping on content that you are grossly overgeared for.

~ or ~

2. You are wiping a LOT more than a "few" times, on content that you don't have the skill or knowledge for.

~ or ~

3. You are waiting to repair your gear until pieces fall off, which is the product of a lot more than a "few" wipes.

~ or ~

4. You and your group mates are ignoring the fight mechanics and expecting your gear to let you faceroll a boss.

If you like to wipe ~ by all means wipe away!

Otherwise...do some dailies until your bank/gear/ & skill are up to where you're not causing 3 other players to wipe in a FP and getting yourself blocked/ votekicked/ or gkicked.

Are you paying the repair bills for those other 3 players as well? For some reason I highly doubt it.

You don't do the dailies for the credits ~ you do them for the practice, warmup, & the comms. Credits are just a byproduct.

If you were not trying to short circuit the gear progression by jumping straight from the free Tionese to BH gear & skipping the dailies you might have noticed that some pieces of BH gear are a questionable upgrade. You would also be sitting on a fat wad of credits from the dailies. And you would have also learned by now that skill>gear in any of the Tier I HM FPs.

~EDIT~ You're complaining that your legacy gear cost too much to repair? Well NO kidding. You burned all your credits buying modable legacy gear! Where did you get the credits to blow on that?

You have not read the this thread.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few wipes ? I ran Xeno HM last night, i'm in full 61/63 gear, each wipe cost me 9,200 credits and i'm using the shells that make it expensive, so 60k in your gear would still be about 8-12 wipes in a FP, this whole post is starting to look like someone trolling for attention.

How'd you wipe on Xeno? That boss is too easy.

Oh I do understand the issue. And I'm trying to be nice about it. But ~ Some people are too lazy to have fun.

"The content is Soooo hard that I can't eat my icecream & play a game at the same time."

"I want everything that drops in the 16man Ops ~ without having to be friendly"

"I wanna be able to do everything right NAO, unsub, & go back to my FPS game until the next patch"

If you can't afford the repair bills you're not participating in anything besides what the GF has to offer. If that's all you came for - you may as well quit now. If that's all your going to contribute to the success of the other players in your groups ~ I'm not surprised you feel that everything is a grind.

Success in this game comes from playing as a group. The drops are improved, and your gear doesn't get damaged as quickly. Have ONE daily night a month where you and 3 other people "raid" the dailies as a team & you'll accumulate the credits to finance a whole lot of HM FPs & SM OPs. Putting together a group to do this with is not difficult, and you'll make some new friends everytime you do it.

There are numerous solutions to the "I haz no credits problem" ~ and none of them require much commitment of time or friendliness.

1) If you are subbed & have a security key - you can buy an armor set from the CC shop every other month & then GTN the pieces for 300K to 500K.

2) do 30 minutes worth of space mission dailies for about 45K

3) do 30 minutes worth of dailies for about 60K ~ after modable gear drops are vendered on the GTN

4) sell crafted stuff on the GTN for a fair price & make 45K every day with 10min of effort

5) do HM FPs without wiping & vender the drops.

6) do SM False Emperor in green gear drops & vender the drops from the FP.

1 & 4 ~ require almost no effort at all

2 ~ the solution for antisocial mysanthropes

3 & 6 ~ go blazing fast with a group of geared players

5 ~ should be everyone's primary goal when they queue in GF

Some of these things can be done simultaneously. Set companions to run short crew missions before doing a space daily? Run 5 crew missions everytime you see "return to mission terminal" pop up as the next mission objective?

If those credit sources are not fast enough for you - gear up for the heroic space missions & sell the mats from the grade 8 crafting box you'll get every week. 1 heroic space mission per day ~ 4 to 7min per day = 50K to 300K each week. (you must actually list the STABs for a price where they will sell)

The real issue here is how BW let this sort of whining result in the following bad things.

1) loss of the repair credit sink ~ inflated the price of everything on the GTN ~ making it useless to new players

2) HM bosses getting nerfed ~ contributed to complaints that the content wasn't challenging enough

3) Allowing "safe paths" through FPs ~ when the trash drops & extra boss drops will cover your repair costs

4) Putting BMAs in CC packs ~ they went from being a drop worth 25K to being worth less than 5K overnight

5) Free Tionese gear ~ when earning it was part of what made HM's fun & taught the skill for HM's & OPs

6) Augment Kits ~ Inflated the gear gap between established & newer players, reinforced the belief that gear> skill & cooperation.

If you still have a problem with the new repair cost ~

1) put your mods in some cheap shells from low level heroics & SM FPs that will take you no time to solo with a geared 50.

2) focus on getting at least one toon into a position to be a real credit farm.

3) subscribe so you have more options for earning credits

3) quit playing the game

The real issue here is people like you who don't care about what their money goes to. Good job defending a company that is ruining a potentially great game. I understand you really like this game and your probably set with millions of credits and don't care about the cost of repair. The option you posted about running content in Green gear to save money is ridiculous. That doesn't fix the issue. If you need to try to work around a problem rather then demand it be fixed your are no better then the morons who keep pissing off the players base and making everyone leave. " Reinforced the belief that gear> skill & cooperation." Really maybe if you had read the thread you would have read that the group was full of fresh level 50's. Even with my decent gear, as a DPS I cant tank for long or heal at all. The multiple wipes happened because we kept trying even after a wipe using different approaches to try and succeed. You seem like the type of player who would most likely cry and drop group on the first wipe. Your other solution of using cheaper gear is just as lame. I spent hours working to get my Legacy to level 20 to use that gear. I shouldn't be forced to pay more then someone else because my gear was harder to get. I love your number 5 solution by the way. "do HM FPs without wiping & vender the drops." Wow really you mean like do excatly what caused me to create this thread in the first place.

Last I looked subs were still falling. According to you though that must be the fault of vocal players like me who demand answers. Smart consumers don't fork over money and not expect something from it. A smart company would realize this and work to make their consumers happy. In the case of this awesome EA/BW game that isn't happening.

You do realize that the only modable legacy gear came from....

1) events - where a ton of credits were earned ~ and the gear was bought with event comms from completing those missions, or by grinding the hell out of the event currency.

2) the legacy vender on the capital world where the pieces are bought with massive amounts of credits

So at some point they either had a PILE of credits or did some serious grinding..... The OP is complaining that they misspent their time/credits. Whose fault is that?

Wow you are a genius. Yes I spent many hours prior to this patch saving money to buy that gear set. Guess what? I was able to since it didnt cost me 60k to freaking repair any of my gear. I spent money to get the gear to use when leveling up my 2nd character I created. However now the cost of repair is sky high post 1.7.

Maybe you missed the 100+ page thread that is on the forum that has over 1k posts in it of players also saying this issue is affecting not only them but their guilds ability to raid.

Did you even bother reading both of Cleet's posts fully, or did you stop at the lazy bit? If so get past that and read it, as there is an awful lot of truth in what he is saying.

No there isnt at all. He thinks he is the superman of SWTOR and everyone else should be as awesome as he is and cant fathom why anyone else would demand that something that isnt right be fixed.

Edited by Osryri

Um.. dude. I'm BH geared Commando and ran all of Ilum (non heroics), all of Belsavis (regular non heroics) and all of The Black Hole dailies (non heroics) and my repair bill was under 6k total for al three planets. If you claim your repair was 35k for one planets dailies then frankly.... I'm calling BS on you, especially as my NON BH geared 50 Vanguard just finished Belsavis dailies with a total repair cost of 1353 credits (all her gear moddable and all lvl 50 purple mods btw).

Frankly, while the repair bills are more expensive, I am not seeing the costs you guys are claiming. Even after wiping on Xeno a few times my repair bill was still under 50k and I made that back and then some just off the event dailies.

I'm guessing you missed this thread in the forums as well. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=597827

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill didn't' use to be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

Honestly, if you remember pre-1.2 the repair costs were nuts. Back then you'd be looking at a 180k repair bill instead of a 60k one, you're lucky they didn't revert to that.

So what's your point? If someone choses to stab you rather then shoot you, you should be thankful?

The repair bills were borked back then. They are borked once again. That is the issue, that is the problem, nothing more, nothing less.

Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.

Not the point chief. We are talking a few wipes here. What do you think the cost will be for people like myself, in 61s, after a progression night of, say, 6 to 10 wipes? We just had a guildie pay 100k for four attempts on end boss.

Repair bills should be a minor expense, not something one must grind to accomplish. Stop mucking up the issue with silliness.

Notice how the OP never says how many times they wiped. With a bill like that I'm thinking 7-8 wipes at the very very least. Outside of HM LI what flashpoint could they possibly wipe on 7-8 times? If they're trying to solo/2-man an HM FP then that I could understand, but nothing else.

4 wipes. Maybe read my posts. You would know that it was a full group of fresh level 50's not a 2 man group. Stop making up BS to try to justify a broken repair system.

Edited by Osryri

Since the Gree event started, my main has increased her credits by over 500k and my alt (who has only logged in to complete the PvE missions) by 200k. People are still shouting for OP pugs when I return to the fleet and my guild has not changed its Op calendar because of rising repair costs.

Only BW can see the larger picture and they have said they are keeping an eye on the repair costs and the effect it has on the economy. Sure, for a small minority who do nothing but log in once or twice a week to take part in a raid and do nothing else to bolster their assets, the repair costs may have been a detrimental hit to their pocket, but if it is for the greater good, then I guess we all have to suck it up.

A few wipes ? I ran Xeno HM last night, i'm in full 61/63 gear, each wipe cost me 9,200 credits and i'm using the shells that make it expensive, so 60k in your gear would still be about 8-12 wipes in a FP, this whole post is starting to look like someone trolling for attention.

This has not been the experience of people that I know well, that are honest and forthright there random guy on the internet. ;p As I've said, 4 to 5 attempts on Kephess just cost a guildie 100k.

Hell, I'm seeing 3 to 4k repair bills on my little 24 tank after a few hours of leveling, maybe a low level FP, so I'm thinking that you may be trolling a bit.

This has not been the experience of people that I know well, that are honest and forthright there random guy on the internet. ;p As I've said, 4 to 5 attempts on Kephess just cost a guildie 100k.

Hell, I'm seeing 3 to 4k repair bills on my little 24 tank after a few hours of leveling, maybe a low level FP, so I'm thinking that you may be trolling a bit.

Im beginning to wonder if any of these players who claim not to see high repair costs are even doing any PvE at all.

I think it would be helpful if people could show screenshots of these really high repair Bills, the 100k+ ones

That might make the doubters think differently or in the case that none appear it would show gross exaggeration was in play at times!

So the 100 page thread thats on the forums now isnt enough to convince you that this is happening.

Are you even playing the game?

Edited by Osryri

@OP: you wiped three times in a flashpoint? That sounds like a troll right there.

These repairs are not an issue. If you're really strapped for cash and refuse to play the GTN, dailies take 30 minutes to get enough credits to cover your repair costs. Not to mention raiding guilds worth their salt will offer you guild repairs.

It's a lot of crying over nothing.

Yes, chief, people still wipe in FPs. Happens all the time because everyone is not a leet expert video game master such as yourself. There are still people learning the game, but we bow to you. ;p

You are further supporting the other side of the argument whether you realize it or not. Arguing that one must log in, stop playing in order to run dailies before they play the game just to cover repair costs IS the problem, and not something that should be utilized in support of the increase. What you are saying is that they must now allocate their play income to just cover repairs, then do additional mundane work in order to allocate their normal income before they begin to play.

It is a time sink. It is a credit sink that is both unnecessary and unfounded. It is discouraging people's opinion of the game and at this point I don't think this company can take very many more hits, let alone a self inflicted, nonsense wound such as this.

Edited by Blackardin

Im beginning to wonder if any of these players who claim not to see high repair costs are even doing any PvE at all.

Most are talking out their arses, just as they do every other subject raised on the board. The vast majority of evidence contradicts the veracity of their statements. We know there is a problem. We know the dev's are looking into it, which proves their is a problem. Just think of the others as white noise that one must slog past as they read the boards. ;p

I'm going to start logging repairs on all my chars from my 61 geared raid tank, to my Cartel gear, to my lowest little level 10 to see where we actually stand as I'm seeing indications that the "whiners" are absolutely correct in their assessments of extreme costs.

No trolling, I didn't think about screen capping it at the time, but did look after a single death to see how much it was, its def up from where it was before 1.7, but people claiming 100k-200k from runs are dying a lot more than they are saying or not repairing before they go in ect ect, and these repair costs are still lower than they were back before 1.2 when a single wipe in columi/rakata would cost you 30-60k, so all the rage babies should just chill about the repair costs and or get better.

And I lvled my now 33 PT for about 6 hrs straight the other day and had a 2k repair bill, so lets get some screencaps up in this ***** for everyone claiming that their costs are 2-3x that of everyone elses.

Edited by Viridiana

No trolling, I didn't think about screen capping it at the time, but did look after a single death to see how much it was, its def up from where it was before 1.7, but people claiming 100k-200k from runs are dying a lot more than they are saying or not repairing before they go in ect ect, and these repair costs are still lower than they were back before 1.2 when a single wipe in columi/rakata would cost you 30-60k, so all the rage babies should just chill about the repair costs and or get better.

And I lvled my now 33 PT for about 6 hrs straight the other day and had a 2k repair bill, so lets get some screencaps up in this ***** for everyone claiming that their costs are 2-3x that of everyone elses.

I was just being flippant. ;p

Its actually strange. I just ran some guildies through KP hard mode to gear them. No wipes. Repair bill was around 2k (but I was dpsing on that one) so there is something very strange going on here as that is less then my level 20ish chars. A single wipe the other night doing TfB hard mode on my tank cost around 18k . It seems to be all over the place.

We are doing progression this week. I'll be monitoring it then also. I'm going to be logging, as I've said. I'll have definitive proof within the next week. Should give me a good indication of where it lies. Hopefully I'll find it to be a non-issue.

Edited by Blackardin

I was just being flippant. ;p

Its actually strange. I just ran some guildies through KP hard mode to gear them. No wipes. Repair bill was around 2k (but I was dpsing on that one) so there is something very strange going on here as that is less then my level 20ish chars. A single wipe the other night doing TfB hard mode on my tank cost around 18k . It seems to be all over the place.

We are doing progression this week. I'll be monitoring it then also. I'm going to be logging, as I've said. I'll have definitive proof within the next week. Should give me a good indication of where it lies. Hopefully I'll find it to be a non-issue.

i'm aware :D, the forums need a /sarc tag or something lol.

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.

subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

of course i don't do it because it is bored but it is posible

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes

How nice for you. I have never had 1.5M combined across all my characters. Right now I am sitting on a whopping 287k total.

Edited by TheSkate

How nice for you. I have never had 1.5M combined across all my characters.

This must be why I don't think this is that big of an issue since i'm sitting on 50 mil atm and can make 200-500k in 1-3 hrs of doing daillies on whatever toon i'm trying to get a new relic on, or by playing the GTN ect ect.

i'm aware :D, the forums need a /sarc tag or something lol.

Yeah I would be interested to see the results of your raiding this week, I didn't get a chance to do anything difficult after 1.7 dropped beyond Xeno HM so I haven't seen what a raid will do to my repair costs, and i've only died on one toon all week so that doesn't help much there, but if I get a chance to kill my toons i'll cap it and post my findings on here.

I'm not saying don't do it, but there are quite a few things you need to capture to make it useful. You'll at least need a pic of each piece of damaged gear showing what it is and the durability decrease. The reason is that a couple of wipes may or may not reduce your armor durability as much as someone else who wipes the same number of times on the same op. When I was testing some of the different shells, I wiped in exactly the same way with the same mob; yet occasionally my armor durability decrease would vary. Not often and not by a lot, but it would.