View Single Post

Tyrloch
04.21.2019 , 03:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KaltoVaxcter View Post
I've had a similar experience but on Korriban...
As a child, I was a subject to massive bullying, and because of that, all my characters on the Imperial side therefore has a "don't be an ******e, and kill for fun" attitude... (lightside Imperial)
When you arrive as an ex-slave to undergo the trials, you meet up with Harkun...
His arrogance and racism-like behaviour, instantly made me hate him, and just because of that, I took the red dialogue option every time the possibility was there...
I so much wished, that I got an option to kill him..........
After while I realized... Harkun is an excellent teacher of Sith. Remember, Sith and the Dark side are all about anger, hatred and fear. Who incites more anger hatred and fear than Harkun? He's an a-hole, but he is trying to teach you how to be a Sith, which means making you mad and stirring up your anger and passions. The madder you get at Harkun, the more powerful you are, and he knows this. He is intentionally inciting your passions to make you stronger. He is intentionally putting you in bad spots to make you work harder.

He knows Ffon is a fairly mediocre Sith and doesn't have the mental capacity (Ffon doesn't successfully solve a single difficult problem the entire time), let alone the force strength to succeed. But, by seeming to favor him, he gets you to always put in your best effort. Think about it, he never really challenges Ffon, gives him easy trials... pats him on the head and tells him how great he is. He challenges you, makes you mad and inspires hatred and passion and forces you to always get better and stonger. Which one is he really getting ready for the life of a Sith?

Vemrin would have eaten Ffon for lunch...