Developer Update: Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular Class Changes

CourtneyWoods

Le sigh. Still nothing from AP or BW for that matter on Balance/Madness. Awesome posts here, really hope they're taking a look. So, I've been forced to switch to Infiltration and you know what... I really like it. It's not nearly as fun, rewarding, or challenging as the Balance spec I grew to love though.

So, we're almost a month in from 2.0. What do you think, BW? Have you received ANY positive feedback on the Balance changes? Lolz. Well, needless to say, we're all still a little depressed, and quite frankly shocked, about this nonsensical post regarding changes to Balance Shadows. And when I say "shocked," I mean "shocked" that no one there understands the spec or plays it correctly.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Le sigh. Still nothing from AP or BW for that matter on Balance/Madness. Awesome posts here, really hope they're taking a look. So, I've been forced to switch to Infiltration and you know what... I really like it. It's not nearly as fun, rewarding, or challenging as the Balance spec I grew to love though.

So, we're almost a month in from 2.0. What do you think, BW? Have you received ANY positive feedback on the Balance changes? Lolz. Well, needless to say, we're all still a little depressed, and quite frankly shocked, about this nonsensical post regarding changes to Balance Shadows. And when I say "shocked," I mean "shocked" that no one there understands the spec or plays it correctly.

Agreed. Bump

Bump. Happy Friday AP.

Madness needs:

More force

More Dps (or just bring duplicity back)

Less garbage in the skill tree (Looking at you haunted dreams, oppressing force, shapeless spirit)

In fact, lets talk about shapeless spirit. Take less damage while stunned????!11 DId you guys think ppl would PVP with this crap tree? LOL. Why would anyone want abilities that take so long to kill that the match is over before your abilities?!

I'm still here supporting changes to Balance 2.0. If I can't get a chance to the balance spec, then replace Phase Walk with someone else please. I feel like I should just play as a Sentinel be like 'everyone else'.

• 4 weeks later...

OK you "fixed" something that worked perfectly and you ruined our fun !

You came as the knight in the shinny armor to save us from our...daunting & complicated rotation, while none of us asked for a rescue....

A crappy storyline (expansion) & a crappy make-over that ruined the best aspect of the jedi shadow...

FIX it now!

Thanks for nothing!

Edited by Ziddal_the_green
typos

I couldn't have said it better myself

In a hotkey MMO people want to use their abilities. SWTOR is the only game that has you click less buttons the more you progress. Balance Shadows never had a "daunting" priority order. It was quite simple; Force in Balance on CD, keep the two dots up, then follow the order: Spinning Strike > Shadow Strike > Mind Crush > Double Strike > Saber Strike. Insert project every 20s if you specced for that.

It wasn't difficult. It required enough awareness to prevent it from becoming boring. This new Balance is actually more difficult to play, I find. Our force regen is random. Balance Shadows used to be a dance that, if we knew it well, could perform some amazing things. In 2.0 it's a dance in the dark on uneven terrain. The ability usage is so simple now that it always feels like something is missing, and saber strike has more or less become part of our rotation, as opposed to a last resort.

And you've had TONS of negative feedback, Bioware. You bloody owe it to us to revert the changes you've made to our spec because it is now underperforming, and as a pvper I can't justify the spec anymore. You broke it. Now you have to fix it.

Edited by Majspuffen